The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Our Timeline (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065364)

Minnies Dad 02-15-2013 07:24 PM

Our Timeline
 
I just made our first reservation using our new DVC Membership. Our timeline was:

Thurs 1/3: Made offer, received counter, made counter which was accepted.

Fri 1/4: Signed contract and mailed in Escrow Deposit

Tues 1/29: Disney waived ROFR

Thur 1/31: Received closing documentation

Sat 2/2: Mailed documents and check back.

Tues 2/5: Escrow Closed.

Fri 2/15 (today): Called DVC for the first time and they gave me my Member Number and ID (I wonder if it was available earlier?). I then logged on and made my first reservation.

Total time from making our first offer to making our first reservation was 43 days. We worked with Jerry at the Timeshare Store and Magic Vacation Title.
We had no problems or hiccups along the way, was easy and painless.

lodge 02-15-2013 07:38 PM

congratulations

kenspidey 02-15-2013 07:39 PM

Wow. That's great. Congrats. I hope mine goes through that fast

Minnies Dad 02-16-2013 09:59 AM

Thanks everyone. Good luck kenspidey.

ELMC 02-16-2013 10:17 AM

That is a crazy fast timeline, congrats. I only hope that others reading this don't think of this as the norm, or there will be problems.

Minnies Dad 02-16-2013 11:54 AM

Yes, from my research here, I was surprised at how quick everything clicked along. Timeshare Store and Magic Vacation Title were right on top of things, and kept things moving. The seller also returned his documents as quick as I did mine. So I guess if everyone is motivated in the same direction, you can get through at this speed.

savannahcat 02-16-2013 03:35 PM

I made an offer yesterday (2/15) morning, e-mailed signed paperwork last night, and today (2/16) we have already been notified that the contract was submitted for ROFR. I am hoping the rest of the process goes as quickly! (Also using Timeshare Store.)

Minnies Dad 02-17-2013 08:16 AM

Congrats.

GOOFY D 02-19-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnies Dad (Post 47518670)
I just made our first reservation using our new DVC Membership. Our timeline was:

Thurs 1/3: Made offer, received counter, made counter which was accepted.

Fri 1/4: Signed contract and mailed in Escrow Deposit

Tues 1/29: Disney waived ROFR

Thur 1/31: Received closing documentation

Sat 2/2: Mailed documents and check back.

Tues 2/5: Escrow Closed.

Fri 2/15 (today): Called DVC for the first time and they gave me my Member Number and ID (I wonder if it was available earlier?). I then logged on and made my first reservation.

Total time from making our first offer to making our first reservation was 43 days. We worked with Jerry at the Timeshare Store and Magic Vacation Title.
We had no problems or hiccups along the way, was easy and painless.

Wow, that was quick. Mine so far-

1/11 - Submitted full price offer on 150 point BWV
1/23- FINALLY received correct contract and email back (w/ CC deposit)
2/19 - Disney waived ROFR

So it has taken me about the same time to get through ROFR as it took you to complete and book a reservation. Ha!

Minnies Dad 02-19-2013 07:12 PM

Good luck Goofy, I hope it goes quicker from here on for you.

jenbelles 02-19-2013 07:20 PM

We were submitted to Disney on 2/14! Hopefully we both get good news!!!

GOOFY D 03-08-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOOFY D (Post 47558624)
Wow, that was quick. Mine so far-

1/11 - Submitted full price offer on 150 point BWV
1/23- FINALLY received correct contract and email back (w/ CC deposit)
2/19 - Disney waived ROFR

So it has taken me about the same time to get through ROFR as it took you to complete and book a reservation. Ha!

Updated-

1/11 - Submitted full price offer on 150 point BWV
1/23- FINALLY received correct contract and email back (w/ CC deposit)
2/19 - Disney waived ROFR
2/28 - Received closing documents
2/28 - Closing documents and payment FEDEXED to title company

still waiting for seller to return closing documents to close...

GOOFY D 03-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOOFY D (Post 47741711)
Updated-

1/11 - Submitted full price offer on 150 point BWV
1/23- FINALLY received correct contract and email back (w/ CC deposit)
2/19 - Disney waived ROFR
2/28 - Received closing documents
2/28 - Closing documents and payment FEDEXED to title company

still waiting for seller to return closing documents to close...

Updated...

1/11 - Submitted full price offer on 150 point BWV
1/23- FINALLY received correct contract and email back (w/ CC deposit)
2/19 - Disney waived ROFR
2/28 - Received closing documents
2/28 - Closing documents and payment FEDEXED to title company
3/12 - Seller finally sends in closing documents
3/13 - Informed that sale has closed

Waiting on OCC recordation and setup with Disney

wiigirl 03-14-2013 09:36 AM

congrats! Looks great! :goodvibes

bakerworld 03-17-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOOFY D (Post 47795062)
Updated...

1/11 - Submitted full price offer on 150 point BWV
1/23- FINALLY received correct contract and email back (w/ CC deposit)
2/19 - Disney waived ROFR
2/28 - Received closing documents
2/28 - Closing documents and payment FEDEXED to title company
3/12 - Seller finally sends in closing documents
3/13 - Informed that sale has closed

Waiting on OCC recordation and setup with Disney

this is why we hesitate at resale: you've spent the $$ but still have no product. Sure your product is there just not available to you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.