The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Resort board pet peeves? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065360)

blackacex2 02-15-2013 07:17 PM

Resort board pet peeves?

Mine are the use of acronyms for evvvverything - yo I was at CR in the CL after I got back from F! with my DH and DS and DD (8) then we went to MK via the TTC. MNSSHP was happening and it was cool to get a snack with the DDxDP. Favorite snack was from ASM better than most TS offerings, Headed to AKL with DH tomorrow for KS hope it's awesome! Then finish up at B&C at the BC don't even need an ADR! YMMV IMHO! Make sure you get the SV at AKL if renting DVC. Pass the ROFR before contract is valid! SSR and OKW FTW! AoA! SAB is awesome and so close to the IG!

blackacex2 02-15-2013 07:20 PM

Don't forget to have a BLT and watch the MSEP and then head over for EMH to ride SM. CP is the best character breakfast!

kaytieeldr 02-15-2013 07:24 PM

Thank you for this thread!

Mine are, "Talk me into..." or "Talk me out of..." a certain resort.

blackacex2 02-15-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaytieeldr

Lol I have been guilty of similar posts. I also laugh at the posts where people are like "had the worst experience ever because my family of 25 with six connecting rooms seven food allergies and my 2 grandparents with severe dementia did not get all,of their requests honored and I had to walk down a hallway to get to my room instead of being teleported there"

Deb & Bill 02-15-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackacex2 (Post 47518609)
Mine are the use of acronyms for evvvverything - yo I was at CR in the CL after I got back from F! with my DH and DS and DD (8) then we went to MK via the TTC. MNSSHP was happening and it was cool to get a snack with the DDxDP. Favorite snack was from ASM better than most TS offerings, Headed to AKL with DH tomorrow for KS hope it's awesome! Then finish up at B&C at the BC don't even need an ADR! YMMV IMHO! Make sure you get the SV at AKL if renting DVC. Pass the ROFR before contract is valid! SSR and OKW FTW! AoA! SAB is awesome and so close to the IG!

So, what's the problem??

owl0306 02-15-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 47518763)
So, what's the problem??

it is quicker especially on a phone.

4everGoofy 02-15-2013 07:39 PM

Ikr

blackacex2 02-15-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

So, what's the problem??

Not very user friendly. When I first started to see DH and DD on this board I was so confused, and when I learned what it
meant I thought "gee, is this place run by grannies" yes dear!

keri125 02-15-2013 07:42 PM

LOL!! ...oh wait...:laughing:

melissarose 02-15-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackacex2 (Post 47518609)

hilarious! i hate this also. i refuse to use the term DBF and instead refer to him as my boyfriend.

Deb & Bill 02-15-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackacex2 (Post 47518798)
Not very user friendly. When I first started to see DH and DD on this board I was so confused, and when I learned what it
meant I thought "gee, is this place run by grannies" yes dear!

So use this: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743

It's on the "Welcome to the DIS" board

Sandi 02-15-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaytieeldr

I'm with you! There was one today styled "sell me on . . ." And in thinking, no -- I like that place and the fewer people who do, the less crowded it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

blackacex2 02-15-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissarose

hilarious! i hate this also. i refuse to use the term DBF and instead refer to him as my boyfriend.

Good for you! =) Another pet peeve I have is referring people to a 400 page resort thread to find an answer to a question. That takes forever!

Dizzytime 02-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaytieeldr (Post 47518667)

YES!
And any thread title that comes across as a demand....like Convince Me, Sell Me, Make Me, Tell Me, Show Me...whatever, usually without even a 'please' attached really gets me.
I've had a lot of help from this forum and understand why people ask questions, and am always happy to give thoughts that may be helpful, but there is a polite way to ask and otherwise it sure doesn't motivate me to reply at all.

Great topic!

:goodvibes

bennifer 02-15-2013 08:38 PM

All of the above! I've been so confused with all the acronyms. I still don't know what half of them mean!!!