The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kidani vs Jambo House- Studio (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065213)

rdevine10 02-15-2013 12:57 PM

Kidani vs Jambo House- Studio
 
What would you get? We are considering renting points. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge before in a Savannah view room. I am guessing this would be where the Jambo units are?

We will be there for 8 nights with the dining plan.

From what I have read:

Kidani has a better pool area And a kids play area.

Jambo has Mara for counter service, the the main pool of the AKL.

QUESTIONS:

Where does the buses pick up 1st?
How long of a walk is it between the 2?
Can we use the Kidani pool as well if we stay Jambo?
What would you stay at if you were in a standard studio and why?

Please help me if I am incorrect in my info!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Marthasor 02-15-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdevine10 (Post 47515772)
What would you get? We are considering renting points. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge before in a Savannah view room. I am guessing this would be where the Jambo units are?

We will be there for 8 nights with the dining plan.

From what I have read:

Kidani has a better pool area And a kids play area.

Jambo has Mara for counter service, the the main pool of the AKL.

QUESTIONS:

Where does the buses pick up 1st?
How long of a walk is it between the 2?
Can we use the Kidani pool as well if we stay Jambo?
What would you stay at if you were in a standard studio and why?

Please help me if I am incorrect in my info!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

I like staying in Jambo only because I have more dining and recreation options. They have a shuttle that runs from Jambo to Kidani so you don't have to walk and, yes, you can use both pools. Not sure about bus pick-up. Kidani is lovely, just like the resort feel of Jambo! More lively! More restaurants!

spiceycat 02-15-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdevine10 (Post 47515772)

QUESTIONS:

Where does the buses pick up 1st?
How long of a walk is it between the 2?
Can we use the Kidani pool as well if we stay Jambo?
What would you stay at if you were in a standard studio and why?

Please help me if I am incorrect in my info!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

the buses pick up first at Kidani
depends upon where you walk - there is a van that will take you it is out in front of the lobby not at the bus stops
you can use both pools - Kidani and Jambo House
I would stay in Jambo house

first Kidani has one restaurant. Jambo House has Boma as well the expensive one that I can't remember plus the quick service Maira

the pool at Jambo House is much bigger.

standard views at Kidani - are parking lot - maybe pool.

standard views at Jambo House are swimming pool or old savannah views that were changed to standard views because there views were not that great.

there is more action at Jambo House - so that wins for me

they both have a laundry mat for your use - it is free - but the detergent is not (so bring your own) - Jambo House it is on the 5th floor with the DVC units, In Kidani it is on the first floor.

the doors are kept locked - so you need your key.

you can see the animals from both places - just go look thru the big windows

rdevine10 02-15-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiceycat (Post 47516002)
the buses pick up first at Kidani
depends upon where you walk - there is a van that will take you it is out in front of the lobby not at the bus stops
you can use both pools - Kidani and Jambo House
I would stay in Jambo house

first Kidani has one restaurant. Jambo House has Boma as well the expensive one that I can't remember plus the quick service Maira

the pool at Jambo House is much bigger.

standard views at Kidani - are parking lot - maybe pool.

standard views at Jambo House are swimming pool or old savannah views that were changed to standard views because there views were not that great.

there is more action at Jambo House - so that wins for me

they both have a laundry mat for your use - it is free - but the detergent is not (so bring your own) - Jambo House it is on the 5th floor with the DVC units, In Kidani it is on the first floor.

the doors are kept locked - so you need your key.

you can see the animals from both places - just go look thru the big windows

thank you! This is exactly the kind of info I need to make a decision!!!!!

gweninwb 02-15-2013 01:50 PM

We stayed at the Jambo house. We requested a room close to the pool and got it. We were very happy that we did. The resort is huge and depending on where your room is you can have a very lonnnnnnnng walk. We prefer Jambo because we have bigger kids ages 12 and 9. Jambo house is a bit more lively as another poster said. My kids preferred the pool at Jambo. I suspect smaller children would prefer the other pool. Kidani had first pick up and first drop off for the bus. I admit I was a teeny bit jealous with the Kidani bunch being dropped off first after park close haha. It's about a 10 minute walk between the sister resorts. Hope that helps a bit.

DebbieB 02-15-2013 02:05 PM

I've stayed at both. For a studio, I would choose Jambo. The layout is better with the bathroom sink outside the bathroom, where Kidani it is within the main bathroom door. If you will be using counter service, Mara will be right there. For a 1 or 2 bedroom, I would choose Kidani for the extra room and extra bathroom.

4everGoofy 02-15-2013 07:15 PM

We have stayed at both and it really depends on your preference. I LOVE the rooms at Kidani but it is a HIKE to get to Jambo for quick service. The extra bathroom in Kidani is awesome if you have older kids.

Sammie 02-15-2013 08:41 PM

I agree with Debbie B.

Since you are getting a studio, then I would pick Jambo.

If it was a one bedroom or larger, then maybe Kidani.

Sammie 02-15-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4everGoofy (Post 47519093)
We have stayed at both and it really depends on your preference. I LOVE the rooms at Kidani but it is a HIKE to get to Jambo for quick service. The extra bathroom in Kidani is awesome if you have older kids.

You don't get the extra bathroom in a studio.

RapunzelsGoodMom 02-17-2013 10:19 PM

I'm glad you posted this....I was wondering the same thing! Really want to stay at the main house (I think......) but wanted to hear if I would be sad to miss the pool at Kidani since I have little kids. I think I'd rather be closer to the food and activities so sounds like Jambo is the way to go!

chalee94 02-17-2013 10:36 PM

one other minor thing, as implied above: all jambo studios are on the 5th floor (except for a couple of club level rooms on the 6th floor). kidani village has studios on lower floors closer to the animals.

pigletto 02-17-2013 11:15 PM

We wanted to be closer to the "action" if you will, and chose Jambo. We loved being so close to the restaurants, pool and gift shop. Our room was the first one around the corner from the area that overlooks the lobby, but it was Pool View. It was an outstanding location for being close to everything, yet there was zero noise issues. I would stay in a Studio there again in a heartbeat.

Lollipop's Mom 02-18-2013 12:08 AM

Jambo has quick service dining by the pool which is very handy!

Hunnypaw 03-03-2013 07:47 PM

We are starting our stay this October for a few days at AKV Studio Savanna View... you all helped us make are pick! :thumbsup2 Jambo!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.