The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Fantasmic! Package when on DDP (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065204)

DisneyLvr55 02-15-2013 01:46 PM

Fantasmic! Package when on DDP

I plan on doing the Fantasmic! package when we go down, and eating at Mamma Melrose. I have a few questions -

Is it just one credit?

What can you order? Is it just entree and dessert like it normally is on the dining plan, or is it a 3 course meal because its the Fantasmic! package?

TIA!

JennaDeeDooDah 02-15-2013 01:47 PM

It is one credit at Mama's or H&V. Brown Derby will cost you 2 credits. As far as what you can order, I have heard both so I can't help you there.

sharonabe 02-15-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 (Post 47515661)
I plan on doing the Fantasmic! package when we go down, and eating at Mamma Melrose. I have a few questions -

Is it just one credit?

What can you order? Is it just entree and dessert like it normally is on the dining plan, or is it a 3 course meal because its the Fantasmic! package?

TIA!

With the F! Pkg, you do get app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink, but the dessert is a dessert platter to share. You no longer get to order your own individual dessert.

purple figment 02-16-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonabe (Post 47515706)
With the F! Pkg, you do get app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink, but the dessert is a dessert platter to share. You no longer get to order your own individual dessert.

I know that at MM it is a dessert sampler to be shared, but at HBD we were able to order any dessert from the menu last October. Has that changed?

sharonabe 02-16-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple figment (Post 47521229)
I know that at MM it is a dessert sampler to be shared, but at HBD we were able to order any dessert from the menu last October. Has that changed?

From what I've seen, it's only MM that does the sampler.

lam 03-16-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonabe (Post 47515706)

Do you still get the appetiser at Mamma Melrose.
I read on the Disney website that it was only an entree and dessert (sampler) at Mamma Melrose for the FP.

Is this yet another change?

Maybe someone who is just back from Disney & who tried the FP at Mamma Melrose recently can respond Please?

lam:shamrock:

minnie mum 03-16-2013 10:05 PM

Sharonabe has given you the correct information. An appetizer is included with the F. dining package, whether you are on the DDP or not. It is not included in a regular DDP ADR.

TDC Nala 03-16-2013 10:09 PM

Hollywood & Vine is a buffet. Same if you are on Fantasmic package or no Fantasmic package.

HBD and Mama Melrose: If you are on DDP it's the same as if you were not. 1 credit for Mama Melrose, 2 credits for Brown Derby. You are entitled to appetizer, entree and dessert (even if you are on the regular plan). Mama Melrose does not allow selection of an individual dessert on the package, they serve a dessert sampler for the entire party.

If you have NOT specifically booked a Fantasmic package and you are eating at Mama Melrose or HBD the appetizer is NOT included on the regular dining plan.

visitingapril09 03-23-2013 01:25 AM

I made reservations about a month ago for May 30th for a Fantasmic package at mama melrose's. I was sure at the the time I read that it was covered under the dining plan. Now my reservation says it is not and if I try and make a new reservation for another date it also says it is not on the dining plan........is this a glitch?

triciari 03-23-2013 05:10 AM

If we go to MM for Fantasmic! Package on regular dining plan, with 2 adults, 3 kids, will the kids also share from the dessert "platter" or will they be able to get their own?

stormer 03-23-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triciari
If we go to MM for Fantasmic! Package on regular dining plan, with 2 adults, 3 kids, will the kids also share from the dessert "platter" or will they be able to get their own?

The kids get their own dessert. The spaghetti cupcake is a big hit with my kids.

Haley/Hayden Mom 03-23-2013 12:04 PM

We did the F! package at MM last year when we went. DH and I did the appetizer for two cheese plate and oldest DD had a salad. Food was just ok and we were also given the dessert sampler. Youngest DD had the kids pizza and picked the cupcake. She would not touch that cupcake either. The toppings with the jam totally grossed her out an I ended up having to flip the thing upside down just so she could eat only the cake part. (She is not a picky child either, and will eat anything so this threw me for a loop). I say it's worth it for early entry to F! but not to just go and eat at MM. It is now on our never again list.

marymaya 03-30-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 47820590)
Hollywood & Vine is a buffet. Same if you are on Fantasmic package or no Fantasmic package.

HBD and Mama Melrose: If you are on DDP it's the same as if you were not. 1 credit for Mama Melrose, 2 credits for Brown Derby. You are entitled to appetizer, entree and dessert (even if you are on the regular plan). Mama Melrose does not allow selection of an individual dessert on the package, they serve a dessert sampler for the entire party.

If you have NOT specifically booked a Fantasmic package and you are eating at Mama Melrose or HBD the appetizer is NOT included on the regular dining plan.

Where is Hollywood and Vine Buffet? Is this show appropriate for a 3 and 5 year old? Can't you go to see the show but not do the dinner? Is it even worth it in that case?

aaarcher86 03-30-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymaya (Post 47954106)

Where is Hollywood and Vine Buffet? Is this show appropriate for a 3 and 5 year old? Can't you go to see the show but not do the dinner? Is it even worth it in that case?

You don't have to do dinner to see the show. My kids loved it but I highly recommend watching a YouTube video to gauge if you think it will be scary for your kids. There are a few parts that could scare young kids.