The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Contemporary Resort Surprise Honeymoon (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065194)

acefields23 02-15-2013 12:36 PM

Contemporary Resort Surprise Honeymoon
 
Hello all - newbie lurker here :)

I'm surprising my fiancée with a WDW trip at CR (Club Level WHAT?!) that I'm tacking on the back end of our Bahamas honeymoon...

Any general advice you have - romantic things to do, special surprises I could muster, etc - would be great, but I'm also wondering about the walking distance from the CR to the MK - anyone know how far it actually is?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen now :)

shan23877 02-15-2013 12:51 PM

The walk from CR to MK is really only 5-10 minutes, it's not bad at all.

As far as romantic things to do: I don't know when you're going but I'd recommend a ressie at California Grill (it's closed for refurb until August), maybe a couples massage at the GF Spa? If you're still a princess at heart, dinner at CRT might be nice. :goodvibes

acefields23 02-15-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan23877 (Post 47515727)
The walk from CR to MK is really only 5-10 minutes, it's not bad at all.

As far as romantic things to do: I don't know when you're going but I'd recommend a ressie at California Grill (it's closed for refurb until August), maybe a couples massage at the GF Spa? If you're still a princess at heart, dinner at CRT might be nice. :goodvibes

Thanks for the suggestions!

And I guess I'm as much of a princess as a 32-year-old man marrying a woman can be!

Our trip is May 20-23, so the Cal Grill would be out - but I love the idea of a couples massage!

spiceycat 02-15-2013 01:06 PM

do you like to walk - just ride the boat (it is behind the CR at the marina) to WL - then walk to FW -

or just ride the boat to FW.

in the MK - there is (or was) a rose garden - where you enter tomorrowland (this is the main entrance not the side way short cut

if you have the money and can get a reservation - firework cruise

shan23877 02-15-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acefields23 (Post 47515850)
Thanks for the suggestions!

And I guess I'm as much of a princess as a 32-year-old man marrying a woman can be!

Our trip is May 20-23, so the Cal Grill would be out - but I love the idea of a couples massage!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Sorry about that! Is she a princess then? Cali Grill is really lovely-the whole restaurant overlooks the MK, and if you get a ressie during Wishes, they'll dim the lights and pipe in the music during the show.

Watching the fireworks from the Polynesian beach is pretty romantic too. :cloud9:

You could also arrange for an in-room surprise for when you arrive. Maybe some bride and groom Mickey ears or Mickey ears with your wedding date embroidered on them.

For some fun try the Hoop Dee Doo revue at WL. My DH and I went during our honeymoon, and they made us dance and kiss in front of the whole crowd.

Make sure to tell the CMs on the phone that it's your honeymoon when you call. They'll give you I'm Celebrating buttons, and everywhere you go CMs will make a fuss over you.

For a nice adult night out try Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk-lots of fun

shan23877 02-15-2013 01:12 PM

Should have caught on to you being a guy by the sports talk radio reference. :thumbsup2

Three cats 02-15-2013 01:34 PM

Maybe check out disneyflorist.com to have something extra special waiting for you in the roon when you get there?

acefields23 02-15-2013 02:02 PM

Fireworks cruise sounds interesting - after reading about it online it seems more geared toward kids, with the pirate theme and all... Or am I mixing things up??


And definitely going with the flowers - and the advanced phone call and personalized ears - I had no idea you could call ahead for those?!

spiceycat 02-15-2013 02:26 PM

these are the cruises that I am talking about
http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fireworks.htm

there is a sticky on the solo/couples board - that can help you if they are all sold out or want to share the cost.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

good luck!

debrapagliasotti 02-15-2013 02:30 PM

How about a romantic dinner at Victoria & Albert's??

ellie'smom 02-15-2013 02:48 PM

Romance her around the" world. "Take her around all the countries in Epcot and romance her.... Have the artist make her a silver ring that says something romantic , maybe something like forever in Mexico while you take her to lunch under the stars at the Mexican restaurant. Pick a pearl and have it mounted as a Disneymoon present. Get something in Morocco and have it turned into an exotic Christmas ornament .Tell a princess that your princess in the ruler of your heart....

TXGRMAMA 02-15-2013 05:05 PM

You are staying Club Level. Call the Contemporary Itinerary Planning office and speak the Concierge there. Tell them about the surprise and ask for their suggestions and help. They can make all your dining reservations and they have great ideas about what is available.

roydavid7771 02-16-2013 06:28 AM

Everybody has wonderful ideas, and kudos to you for planning such a great surprise!

My only suggestion is about the hotel. CR Club Level is certainly wonderful, but CR may have a "cold" feel compared to GF or others. My suggestion would be to look in to the BWI Garden Cottages. Go to allears.net and take a look at them. They're beautiful, you're close to EPCOT, and you haveaccess to so many other activities in the EPCOT area!

gigi1313 02-16-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roydavid7771 (Post 47521688)
Everybody has wonderful ideas, and kudos to you for planning such a great surprise!

My only suggestion is about the hotel. CR Club Level is certainly wonderful, but CR may have a "cold" feel compared to GF or others. My suggestion would be to look in to the BWI Garden Cottages. Go to allears.net and take a look at them. They're beautiful, you're close to EPCOT, and you haveaccess to so many other activities in the EPCOT area!

I totally agree with this... We found BW CL to be so much nicer, cozier (not as in smaller), warmer and much friendlier staff... Plus the nightlife and walking distance to Epcot made it even more perfect!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.