The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Room only payment question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065184)

ManyMinnie 02-15-2013 12:29 PM

Room only payment question
 
If you have a room only reservation, you can pay the balance at check-in, correct?

Chaoticsweetness 02-15-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManyMinnie
If you have a room only reservation, you can pay the balance at check-in, correct?

Yes.

BenKling 02-15-2013 12:39 PM

That's correct!

ManyMinnie 02-15-2013 01:09 PM

Thanks. That is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. :)

drummerwife 02-15-2013 01:12 PM

Just a word of caution... If you have a cc on file they will charge the balance due the day of check in. I found this out the hard way last year.:sad2: It did not cause any problems money wise, but I was wanting to pay for the room a different way.

erin1715 02-15-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerwife (Post 47515952)
Just a word of caution... If you have a cc on file they will charge the balance due the day of check in. I found this out the hard way last year.:sad2: It did not cause any problems money wise, but I was wanting to pay for the room a different way.

That's disappointing. Did they ask you upon check-in about paying the balance or did they just automatically do it without mentioning the balance? I have the funds but I wanted to pay with a different CC so I can get rapid rewards points.

ManyMinnie 02-15-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerwife (Post 47515952)
Just a word of caution... If you have a cc on file they will charge the balance due the day of check in. I found this out the hard way last year.:sad2: It did not cause any problems money wise, but I was wanting to pay for the room a different way.

That is why I don't do online check in. :)

drummerwife 02-15-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erin1715 (Post 47515991)
That's disappointing. Did they ask you upon check-in about paying the balance or did they just automatically do it without mentioning the balance? I have the funds but I wanted to pay with a different CC so I can get rapid rewards points.

Nothing was ever said during check-in. When I tried to give them my cc to pay the balance thats when they told me they charged my cc that morning.

minnie mum 02-15-2013 04:45 PM

If you want to use any method of payment other than credit card, DO NOT do online check in.

erin1715 02-15-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerwife

Nothing was ever said during check-in. When I tried to give them my cc to pay the balance thats when they told me they charged my cc that morning.

Ah crap I already did online checkin and added my cc....oh well i will just have to make sure the money is transferred.

Dis703 02-15-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 47517944)
If you want to use any method of payment other than credit card, DO NOT do online check in.

Thanks for that tip! We are going to be paying with gift cards so I'll be sure to avoid the online check in.

Sue M 02-16-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erin1715 (Post 47519782)
Ah crap I already did online checkin and added my cc....oh well i will just have to make sure the money is transferred.

I think if you go down to the desk any time before your last day, or at check in, you can make other arrangements.

I always make payments monthly so I have my room only res paid before we arrive. But we had some room charges, and I wanted to use a different credit card then the one on file and it was no problem. I did that a couple of days before check out.

erin1715 02-16-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M

I think if you go down to the desk any time before your last day, or at check in, you can make other arrangements.

I always make payments monthly so I have my room only res paid before we arrive. But we had some room charges, and I wanted to use a different credit card then the one on file and it was no problem. I did that a couple of days before check out.

I want to use the cc on file for charges that I obtain while at Disney, but to pay off my room only reservation I wanted to use a different card and I am pretty sure you must pay that balance the day of check in. If I could pay my balance online before we get there that would be great, but the website doesn't have that option. I could call and pay I suppose...

DevonsDisneyMom 02-16-2013 07:49 AM

You pay one nights cost at booking, then the balance is due at check in, but as another poster noted, if you paid the initial deposit with a CC they will just change that CC the day that you check in. I suggest that if you want to pay the balcne when you actually check in with cash or a different card that you advise Disney of that when booking.

fla4fun 02-16-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom (Post 47522125)
You pay one nights cost at booking, then the balance is due at check in, but as another poster noted, if you paid the initial deposit with a CC they will just change that CC the day that you check in. I suggest that if you want to pay the balcne when you actually check in with cash or a different card that you advise Disney of that when booking.

When I booked my bb last month, the CM asked if I wanted to pay the room only reservation in full or just pay the deposit - which was new to me. I commented that I didn't think I could pay for the whole amount on a room only, and she said that some people preferred to do that, but that all you HAD to pay was the one night deposit. I wonder if they will start allowing payments online for room only reservations at some point (when they get the whole website working . . . .)?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.