The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I have contract ADD lol (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065024)

DisneyFansInLINY 02-15-2013 08:46 AM

I have contract ADD lol
 
So originally I was going to take a break from looking into buying DVC over the period of Lent to figure out what contract would be best for us as I have contract ADD lol. But I am too addicted to these boards and to the resale websites. First it was how many points we needed going from 300 to 100 and then to 150. Then it was which property going from OKW to BWV to AKV and now to SSR. And now my problem is that I keep putting in offers and then if a day or so passes without hearing back on my offer, I lose interest in the contract and find another contract I like better. So I call up the realtor and cancel my other offer to put in a new offer for a different contract. She has noticed my ADD lol. Anyway, it has been about 1.5 days and I didn't hear back on my other offer and I realize it will take longer than expected as it is a bankruptcy thing going through a lawyer. So naturally with my ADD, I cannot wait that long and then I noticed something I like better. The other contract is stripped but this was is fully loaded. I am realizing I like fully loaded better than stripped. And as for use years, I have went through every month lol.

Sur 02-15-2013 09:22 AM

You've got it BAD! I remember you saying you gave up for Lent.

Totally addicted! (So am I).:coffee:

CarolMN 02-15-2013 09:30 AM

You are too funny, LOL.

To save yourself and the brokers some grief, perhaps consider putting a time limit on your offer when you submit it to the broker. For example, this offer is good for xx hours or until 5 pm Eastern tomorrow, etc.

Hope you find something.

DisneyFansInLINY 02-15-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolMN (Post 47513095)
You are too funny, LOL.

To save yourself and the brokers some grief, perhaps consider putting a time limit on your offer when you submit it to the broker. For example, this offer is good for xx hours or until 5 pm Eastern tomorrow, etc.

Hope you find something.

Thank you. I did that with my offer before my last offer and it worked well. And then with this last offer, the broker knows my ADD so she told me I should hear back from her within 2 days. I think she knows after 2 days, I have no interest. But I am realizing that since they have to contact an attorney, it will take longer than 2 days. I found a few posts about bankruptcy listings and really do not have the patience for it. As they didn't hear back on their offer for weeks! I could never wait that long lol.

Sur 02-15-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY (Post 47513151)
Thank you. I did that with my offer before my last offer and it worked well. And then with this last offer, the broker knows my ADD so she told me I should hear back from her within 2 days. I think she knows after 2 days, I have no interest. But I am realizing that since they have to contact an attorney, it will take longer than 2 days. I found a few posts about bankruptcy listings and really do not have the patience for it. As they didn't hear back on their offer for weeks! I could never wait that long lol.

Wait 'til ROFR! Seems like an eternity!

DisneyFansInLINY 02-15-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sur (Post 47513235)
Wait 'til ROFR! Seems like an eternity!

I will probably have to take up smoking by then lol

DisneyFansInLINY 02-15-2013 11:04 AM

Well my ADD has caused me to lose credibility with my offers lol. I just cancelled the offer on the other contract and wanted to make a new offer on a different contract. The realtor asked me if I was sure this time and not going to retract my offer because if I had any doubt then she did not want to put my offer in. And so I explained that I was absolutely sure this time. Now my question is, I have gone back and forth between 2 realtors at the same company. Does it matter who I make the offers with or is that something they have to work out? I don't want to offend either one of them. The first offer I made was with the one I just made an offer with now. The other offers have been with the other realtor.

rojen 02-15-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolMN (Post 47513095)
You are too funny, LOL.

To save yourself and the brokers some grief, perhaps consider putting a time limit on your offer when you submit it to the broker. For example, this offer is good for xx hours or until 5 pm Eastern tomorrow, etc.

Hope you find something.

This is exactly what I did, wasn't hearing on offers for days. Really bugged me since I'd see other contracts I wanted to offer on come up and get sold before I heard back on the first one. Putting the time limit on it really sped up the process.

Also, don't be afraid to drop any of the brokers from consideration. Two of the four kinda did me wrong, so I stopped offering on their listings. There are tons of contracts out there, no reason to buy one that isn't what you're looking for.

DisneyFansInLINY 02-15-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojen (Post 47514669)
This is exactly what I did, wasn't hearing on offers for days. Really bugged me since I'd see other contracts I wanted to offer on come up and get sold before I heard back on the first one. Putting the time limit on it really sped up the process.

Also, don't be afraid to drop any of the brokers from consideration. Two of the four kinda did me wrong, so I stopped offering on their listings. There are tons of contracts out there, no reason to buy one that isn't what you're looking for.

Thank you for your post. I was feeling kinda bad after having spoken to the broker. I have thought about telling her that her attitude is a bit unprofessional. DH is in sales and my SIL is a real estate agent. They deal with people changing their minds all of the time and/or wanting to see a house or sit down and discuss their financial options without the end result being a sale. However, they treat every client the same as to never burn a bridge. I like the broker's co-worker much better as she had the patience to deal with me and if she was annoyed with me, she never let on about it. I wish she had answered the phone or returned my call before I made the offer with miss attitude. But I will write a letter or email when all is said and done to put her in her place :)

lovin'fl 02-15-2013 12:45 PM

What contract are you offering on? Good luck...I hope they get back to you in a reasonable time. I wouldn't deal with a bankruptcy either.

DisneyFansInLINY 02-15-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovin'fl (Post 47514996)
What contract are you offering on? Good luck...I hope they get back to you in a reasonable time. I wouldn't deal with a bankruptcy either.

Thank you. SSR 150 points Dec 2012 300 points, Dec 2013 150 points asking price $63.33. I didn't offer asking price. There was another off for $54 per point but my offer was higher.

nalajms 02-15-2013 02:58 PM

I've had varying experience from different brokers in the same company. So if you find one that works well with you, just deal with that one! :thumbsup2

The brokers can usually tell you which sellers respond quickly. There's no reason you should lose the chance at a new listing because sellers were dragging their feet.

ELMC 02-15-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY (Post 47514005)
Well my ADD has caused me to lose credibility with my offers lol. I just cancelled the offer on the other contract and wanted to make a new offer on a different contract. The realtor asked me if I was sure this time and not going to retract my offer because if I had any doubt then she did not want to put my offer in. And so I explained that I was absolutely sure this time. Now my question is, I have gone back and forth between 2 realtors at the same company. Does it matter who I make the offers with or is that something they have to work out? I don't want to offend either one of them. The first offer I made was with the one I just made an offer with now. The other offers have been with the other realtor.

I think you should make choices. Choose the one broker at that company you want to deal with and deal only with her. Choose a contract that you want and make an offer on it. You are making jokes about your "ADD" but it's not funny really. Nothing about what you have posted here make me think that you are a serious buyer. I'm guessing that the brokers are making this inference as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY (Post 47514819)
Thank you for your post. I was feeling kinda bad after having spoken to the broker. I have thought about telling her that her attitude is a bit unprofessional. DH is in sales and my SIL is a real estate agent. They deal with people changing their minds all of the time and/or wanting to see a house or sit down and discuss their financial options without the end result being a sale. However, they treat every client the same as to never burn a bridge. I like the broker's co-worker much better as she had the patience to deal with me and if she was annoyed with me, she never let on about it. I wish she had answered the phone or returned my call before I made the offer with miss attitude. But I will write a letter or email when all is said and done to put her in her place :)

With all due respect, after reading your posts in this thread, I don't think the broker has done anything wrong. You admittedly have a track record of withdrawing offers after the broker takes them to the seller. The broker has a fiduciary responsibility to the transaction, and that includes vetting potential buyers. I don't think she did anything wrong by trying to gauge whether or not you were serious about this purchase. With regards to the statement in bold, that is simply uncalled for.

DougEMG 02-15-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY (Post 47515074)
Thank you. SSR 150 points Dec 2012 300 points, Dec 2013 150 points asking price $63.33. I didn't offer asking price. There was another off for $54 per point but my offer was higher.

Good luck with your offer, just be careful you don't get into a bidding war (which happened to me a couple of times :( )

When making the offer, just tell the broker the offer is only good for a set amount of time, pick what makes you happy, say 2 days.

DisneyFansInLINY 02-15-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELMC (Post 47516460)
I think you should make choices. Choose the one broker at that company you want to deal with and deal only with her. Choose a contract that you want and make an offer on it. You are making jokes about your "ADD" but it's not funny really. Nothing about what you have posted here make me think that you are a serious buyer. I'm guessing that the brokers are making this inference as well.


With all due respect, after reading your posts in this thread, I don't think the broker has done anything wrong. You admittedly have a track record of withdrawing offers after the broker takes them to the seller. The broker has a fiduciary responsibility to the transaction, and that includes vetting potential buyers. I don't think she did anything wrong by trying to gauge whether or not you were serious about this purchase. With regards to the statement in bold, that is simply uncalled for.


What I want to say to you is prohibited but use your imagination :rotfl:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.