The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gluten Free and/or Vegitarian QS?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064945)

3Sapphires 02-14-2013 10:09 PM

Gluten Free and/or Vegitarian QS??

Hi everyone!

My family will be in Disney in June, and we include 1 gluten free individual and 2 vegetarians (not the same person). Are there any quick serves that we can all enjoy together, or should we plan on making reservations for table service for every meal?

Thank you!

croach 02-15-2013 06:40 AM

Not sure about gluten free but most counter services will have at least one vegetarian option, they just vary from place to place. This is the stock answer but I would look through the menus online to see what is out there.

pigletto 02-15-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Sapphires (Post 47511255)
Hi everyone!

My family will be in Disney in June, and we include 1 gluten free individual and 2 vegetarians (not the same person). Are there any quick serves that we can all enjoy together, or should we plan on making reservations for table service for every meal?

Thank you!

I don't know about Gluten Free unfortunately, but I do know vegetarian. DD loves Columbia Harbour House in the MK and there should be something for most of your party. Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is another favourite.
I also remember reading that there are excellent GF and Vegetarian choices at the food court at the Art of Animation resort and it may be worth the trip over so you can all eat together:)

ttintagel 02-15-2013 10:03 AM

My favorite CS vegetarian dishes are at Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bill's (MK), Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Cade (EPCOT), and Rosie's All-American (DHS - best veggie burger in property, in my book). The only CS veggie options in AK are at Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus; both are OK, but nothing to write home about.

Wood Nymph 02-15-2013 10:32 AM

We were there with a gluten free person. They told her that she would have to talk to the manager at the counter service places So she opted to just order things that were obviously gluten free.

SDSorority 02-15-2013 11:11 AM

Check out my siggie- a GF Vegetarian Review :thumbsup2

Also, pop over to the DISAbilities Board. There is tons of great information over there for special diets.

clanmcculloch 02-15-2013 11:40 AM

Columbia Harbour House carries the allergy safe chicken tenders and they're DELICIOUS. They also have that hummus sandwich (Lighthouse sandwich?) which gets great reviews from vegetarians.

Sunshine Seasons is the absolutely best gluten free CS in all of the parks. They also I believe have several vegetarian options.

The menus that are available online will make it easy to find vegetarian options. Most CS locations do have some gluten free options (if they carry burgers then they probably have gluten free buns, pizza places have gluten free pizza, etc) so it's really not hard to find gluten free options at the bigger CS locations. Little places that only have a couple meals won't work so well but the bigger CS locations should all have some options so as long as there's something the vegetarians will eat then the person who's gluten free should also be able to get something.

It is true that you have to talk to a manager when ordering gluten free meals. Please do NOT avoid this unless the person doesn't care about cross contamination and can handle small amounts of gluten because it's pretty impossible to guess what will and won't have gluten in it. If the person wants fries, they have to talk to a manager or else they'll be cooked in the same fryer as gluten containing foods meaning ingesting gluten. Yes it takes extra time but it means the difference between having a safe meal and getting very sick.

3Sapphires 02-16-2013 08:33 AM

Thank you for all of this information! Seems like there will be a lot of options for us.

These boards are great!