The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dessert Party (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064824)

owl0306 02-14-2013 05:10 PM

Dessert Party

Just booked the Wishes dessert party as a surprise to my dh for Valentine's Day. It will be him, my baby and I. It says to be there at 9:15pm for the 10pm wishes show. I was wondering can I bring the baby's stroller in or do I have to stroller park it? Will they sing Happy Birthday to her as it is her first birthday the day prior?

pl4bby 02-14-2013 10:38 PM

Anyone gone for their birthday ? I'm thinking about booking for my ds.

butterfly71076 02-14-2013 11:24 PM

Don't know about the singing, but, when we were there, we were told to put the stroller in stroller parking.

purple figment 02-15-2013 12:21 AM

I haven't been to the Dessert Party, but I know many people are celebrating their birthday at DW and I've never heard the servers sing HB in any of the restaurants so it's doubtful they'll do it at the Dessert Party.

Missy13d69 02-15-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owl0306
Just booked the Wishes dessert party as a surprise to my dh for Valentine's Day. It will be him, my baby and I. It says to be there at 9:15pm for the 10pm wishes show. I was wondering can I bring the baby's stroller in or do I have to stroller park it? Will they sing Happy Birthday to her as it is her first birthday the day prior?

Just so you know, even though the time said 9:15, the party starts 1 hour before Wishes. If you wait and get there at 9:15, you will be showing up late.

GeorgiaHoo 02-15-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy13d69 (Post 47511872)
Just so you know, even though the time said 9:15, the party starts 1 hour before Wishes. If you wait and get there at 9:15, you will be showing up late.

Correct, but we plan on showing up about 30 minutes before the fireworks. There will be plenty of desserts left and it doesn't take that long to eat a few bites of dessert.

TheShea's 02-15-2013 08:34 AM

I'm hoping this is on-toipic...how far in advance can you make Terrace Desert Party reservations? We're 178 days out from our WDW vacation and I've made all of our ADRs but the CM said that it was too early to make Desert Party reservations. I asked when I could and she said she wasn't sure.

Any help is most appreciated.

jennyjones78 02-16-2013 04:24 PM

I am 64 days away from our vacation and still waiting on an opening for this event in April.

TDC Nala 02-16-2013 04:29 PM

It's only booking through March right now.

pl4bby 02-16-2013 04:32 PM

I hope I will like it. We did the pirates and pals and thought we would do this this time we go in a few weeks.

runningjusme 02-17-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHoo (Post 47513028)
Correct, but we plan on showing up about 30 minutes before the fireworks. There will be plenty of desserts left and it doesn't take that long to eat a few bites of dessert.

we were there in February and about 30 mins before the fireworks, they started running out of the "good stuff".

mousesf 02-17-2013 05:54 PM

The first time we went it was March 2012 - it was awesome! Tons of desserts to choose from, very relaxed and a wonderful view!

Then we went in November 2012 - they had added probably 20-30 tables and it was insane - people grabbing and running around like crazy. I had things spilled on me twice (a hot chocolate and a fruit tart thing). We were so disappointed. I am hoping they only did that because of it being around the holidays.

They will make you leave your stroller and there are not really "Servers" or anything to sing happy birthday- I know at Garden Grill and Liberty Tree we ordered a cake and they sang happy birthday then. But I have never had it happen other than when we ordered cakes!

owl0306 02-17-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousesf (Post 47536554)
The first time we went it was March 2012 - it was awesome! Tons of desserts to choose from, very relaxed and a wonderful view!

Then we went in November 2012 - they had added probably 20-30 tables and it was insane - people grabbing and running around like crazy. I had things spilled on me twice (a hot chocolate and a fruit tart thing). We were so disappointed. I am hoping they only did that because of it being around the holidays.

They will make you leave your stroller and there are not really "Servers" or anything to sing happy birthday- I know at Garden Grill and Liberty Tree we ordered a cake and they sang happy birthday then. But I have never had it happen other than when we ordered cakes!

I am starting to rethink this as you are not the first bad review I have read. almost $60 for dessert and there may not be enough is making me second guess.

TheRustyScupper 02-17-2013 11:15 PM

I was wondering can I bring the baby's stroller in or do I have to stroller park it?
. . . no
. . . not enough room betwwen tables

Will they sing Happy Birthday to her as it is her first birthday the day prior?
. . . no
. . . they are usually too busy for individual favors

the little marla 02-18-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owl0306 (Post 47508907)

We have gone when there have been birthday's attached to our names (just in general) and we have never had anyone sing.. like a PP said they are extremely busy trying to seat people and ensure that everyone gets some food and the tables are clear.. there are also just a handful of castmembers

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShea's (Post 47513126)
I'm hoping this is on-toipic...how far in advance can you make Terrace Desert Party reservations? We're 178 days out from our WDW vacation and I've made all of our ADRs but the CM said that it was too early to make Desert Party reservations. I asked when I could and she said she wasn't sure.

Any help is most appreciated.

it seems like you can book it a month prior.. the website can be annoying because instead of saying something like "you cannot book at this time" it makes it look like there is "no availability" and i believe the phone cm's see the same thing and assume its all booked up. def keep trying everyday or at least every other day... you never know, and it books up fast!

the Desert Party is well worth it in my opinion, just a relaxing atmosphere where you dont feel crazed to find the perfect spot or have to worry about someone else blocking your view, etc.