The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Character dining without kids (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064707)

Jadeey 02-14-2013 01:27 PM

Character dining without kids

Hi all,

Planning our first trip to Disney (!!) for our honeymoon. Do people do character dining without kids, or is it really an experience aimed at children?

cluvsdisney 02-14-2013 01:28 PM

It's for everybody. DH & I have gone to several character meals, we have no children. They visit our table and take pictures like the do tables with children.

DisneyCrazyMomma 02-14-2013 01:29 PM

I have seen lots of people without kids do character dining! We have only ever been with DS but we totally get our pics taken too! ;)

Iloveeliot 02-14-2013 01:30 PM

DH and Idid character dining without kids. We loved it. Crystal Palace was our favorite and the characters actually spent a lot of time with us. I was afraid they would skip us since there weren't any kids but this was definitely not the case. Go and have a blast!

DEA 02-14-2013 01:57 PM

DW and I ducked into CP (with no ADR!) for a breakfast on the Monday after Marathon Weekend. It was a good meal, and although I didn't do much character interaction, Piglet caught me with my head down over my plate eating bacon. I don't know if I've ever felt more guilty, but still bemused.

tinkermama117 02-14-2013 02:00 PM

It's totally for everyone. DH and I used to go all the time before we had kids. 1900 park fare was the best because they serve mimosas, have ice cream for breakfast and the characters were great even though we were adults.

minnie mum 02-14-2013 02:17 PM

We've done character dining before we had kids, when we had kids, after the kids were grown and gone and next up, with the grandkids. :goodvibes I think I've got pictures with me and the characters from every trip since 1975.

Art 1 02-14-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadeey (Post 47506927)
Hi all,

Planning our first trip to Disney (!!) for our honeymoon. Do people do character dining without kids, or is it really an experience aimed at children?

We do once or twice a year and have a good time of it. Always as a walk up as well. Never had a problem getting in.

cheshirecatattack 02-14-2013 02:30 PM

We always do atleast one character meal per trip and its just me (21) and my mom:)

auntfrannie 02-14-2013 02:34 PM

I love to do Crystal Palace for breakfast on my solo trips!

catne 02-14-2013 02:53 PM

have had many, many character meals over the last 5 years, always adults-only parties (no grandkids yet, so usually traveling with our adult kids...all Disney fanatics of course.) We like the Disney buffets, so end up eating at character meals most trips.

We see many adults-only tables at the character meals...and you have your choice of whether or not the characters stop for photos. If you want pics, have your camera out & ready. If you don't want pictures, just say "hi" and wave at the character, they get the idea and just wave back, going to the next table. Or you can just time your visits to the buffet when the characters are on your table row...they will skip your table.

Was at Crystal Palace for lunch on Tuesday of this week...all of the tables in our section were adults only or teenagers & adults...no little kids at all in the closest 1/2 dozen tables. Most of the tables had multiple adults posing with the Winnie the Pooh characters...everyone from grandmas to teen boys getting into the photo action.

If you think you'd like it, go for it...you won't be the only adults without kids in there:thumbsup2

figment_jii 02-14-2013 03:14 PM

That's the great thing about Disney...everyone can be a kid at heart if they'd like. My family (all adults) have done character meals and the characters never made us feel out of place or silly. I personally don't pose for photos with characters, but our little trip mascot (a Figment stuffy) takes photos with the characters. It's lots of fun!

wdwpirates 02-14-2013 03:22 PM

DH and I do character dining all the time and we don't think twice about it. The characters are always great! It's a fun time! Enjoy yourself!

Jadeey 02-14-2013 04:09 PM

Thanks everyone! I was hoping that would be the answer, I'm adding it into the itinerary!

sephorachick 02-14-2013 04:22 PM

Its for everybody. We had 4 adults in our party & we went to chef mickeys & Cinderellas royal table we enjoyed both places a lot