The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stay/Play/Dine 2014 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064471)

melissarose 02-14-2013 12:46 AM

Stay/Play/Dine 2014
 
So, what are the chances of Disney offering the s/p/d deal for the same time next year?! My boyfriend and I had such an amazing time we want to go back same time next year (provided I find a job ..... hmmmm... not going well so far). Do they always do s/p/d in the early months of the year? This is was my first time so I'm not sure if it has been offered before, or what the chances of it coming around again are?!!? I want to go back so bad!

mya12347 02-14-2013 04:56 AM

Do you refer to the dining plan? I'm so bad understanding , well we took advantage of the the Disney credit card offer, and was perfect!!!!!!!

Missytara 02-14-2013 06:35 AM

You can find information on the discount codes and rates board at the top of this board.

You can also check out mousesavers.com for historical discounts.

I actually think this was only the first or second year it was offered, but I could be wrong, because I never look for it.

Also, expect discounts to start to be cut back; the word is free dining will only be offered to moderates and deluxes and it will only be the QS plan.

AngiTN 02-14-2013 08:03 AM

Pretty sure it was the first time they ever did a deal called Stay Play and Dine where you got a discount if you booked a dining package. So no historical data to go on for that particular deal.

In past few years the deal was full on free dining so technically the latest deal was not as good as past years. I think that's the trend we'll continue to see. A deal that is not quite as good as they've been.

I do think there will be some sort of deal available.

melissarose 02-14-2013 12:20 PM

oh i sure hope some kind of deal will be available!! now i'm anxious!

minnie mum 02-14-2013 12:28 PM

If you find someone who can tell you for sure that there will be any given discount at any particular time for next year, be sure to let us know. And while you're at it, would you please ask him for the lottery numbers on next week's draw?

Missytara 02-14-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissarose (Post 47506314)
oh i sure hope some kind of deal will be available!! now i'm anxious!

It has been made very clear by Disney that discounts are going to be scaled back; they don't need them as much as a few years ago.

I always like to say I book the package that I can afford and if a deal comes out that works with my plans, then it is icing on the cake.

I wouldn't count on seeing nearly as many discounts as in previous years.

WhitneyL 02-14-2013 02:40 PM

If your family likes to have a sit down meal everyday, you should check into Free Dining. It really saves my family a ton. Thhose table service meals can get pretty pricey.

melissarose 02-14-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitneyL (Post 47507611)
If your family likes to have a sit down meal everyday, you should check into Free Dining. It really saves my family a ton. Thhose table service meals can get pretty pricey.

ya i was hoping for free dining, but it doesn't seem to be offered the time of year that we can go. i've heard a lot about it going on in september/october, but my boyfriend is in law school and his reading week is in february!

melissarose 02-14-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missytara (Post 47507552)
It has been made very clear by Disney that discounts are going to be scaled back; they don't need them as much as a few years ago.

I always like to say I book the package that I can afford and if a deal comes out that works with my plans, then it is icing on the cake.

I wouldn't count on seeing nearly as many discounts as in previous years.

i will definitely still be booking a trip if i can afford to go, discount or not. this previous trip i booked without any discount and then s/p/d came out a few weeks later and i got it, which was a bonus! now that i've gotten it once, i was just curious if anyone had any insight because a lot of people talk about discounts at certain times of year.

i know nobody knows for sure, i just see people all over this board saying "go at this time and you will get _____".

Missytara 02-15-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitneyL (Post 47507611)
If your family likes to have a sit down meal everyday, you should check into Free Dining. It really saves my family a ton. Thhose table service meals can get pretty pricey.

The word is free dining is going to be scaled back to the QS plan only for mods and deluxes; you would have to pay the difference to upgrade to the DDP to get TS meals.

DebbieB 02-15-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitneyL (Post 47507611)
If your family likes to have a sit down meal everyday, you should check into Free Dining. It really saves my family a ton. Thhose table service meals can get pretty pricey.

Stay Play Dine replaced Free Dining for the beginning of this year.

HotMama 02-24-2013 07:45 PM

what is stay play and dine?

EagleScout 02-24-2013 08:06 PM

Stay play and dine is the disney marketing "label" for the "discounted" dining package that has largely replaced free dining offers.

YachtandBeachy 02-24-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 47506398)
If you find someone who can tell you for sure that there will be any given discount at any particular time for next year, be sure to let us know. And while you're at it, would you please ask him for the lottery numbers on next week's draw?

That was a bit snarky. Not necessary.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.