The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Favorites list and Why? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064355)

Iloveeliot 02-13-2013 07:03 PM

Favorites list and Why?

Please tell me your favorites in each of these categories AND WHY:

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service:
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service:
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service:
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service:
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service:
Favorite overall DTD restaurant:
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service:
Favorite Character Meal:
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant:

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals?
Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker?

Thanks everyone!

Pakey 02-13-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveeliot

Favorite Character Meal:

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals?
Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker?

Thanks everyone!

MK-Be Our Guest
EP-Biergarten
DHS-Sci Fi
AK-Tusker Character Breakfast
DTD-Raglan Road
Overall DTD-Portabello Yacht Club
Overall 1 Credit-Sanaa
Overall Character-Tusker Breakfast
Overall Expensive-Bluezoo
CRT-no
DTD Entertainment-Cirque de Soleil

wdwfan757 02-13-2013 08:06 PM

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: LTT for lunch because it's not standard park fare and ooey gooey toffee cake.

Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Via Napoli - It tastes good and it's quite filling.

Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: Mama Melrose - best bang for your buck. I haven't tried 50's Primetime though. I actually really enjoyed my turkey sandwich at sci-fi dine in, but I wouldn't waste a credit out of it. It's a good out of pocket light lunch if you have heavy dinner plans though.

Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: I've never done TS at AK, so I can't say anything here. I can eat flametree twice in one day though.

Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: I would've said Fulton's a few years ago, but I wasn't that impressed on my last visit (Jan 2012). I've had planet hollywood and rainforest cafe in the past. Meh. I think I'll try Bongos next time

Favorite overall DTD restaurant: Earl of Sandwich

Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: TIE: Trail's End for dinner or Whispering Canyon for lunch

Favorite Character Meal: Never been to one!

Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: BLUEZOO! Im a big seafood junkie, and I'm pretty picky, but their fresh fish of the day floored me AND the non-seafood eater I was with. It's also a nice short break back to adult-ville (not stuffy at all though). It's the only restaurant to crack my must-do list without being aided by childhood nostalgia.

Le Cellier was good, but not great. I'm looking forward to trying Yachtsman next. I didn't care for Hollywood Brown Derby much.

Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker? Probably Splittsville. DisneyQuest has really gone downhill in the last couple years. If you have the free voucher, it's probably worth a shot

Good luck!

disnmooner2013 02-13-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveeliot (Post 47499675)

Favorite Character Meal:

Thanks everyone!

See Below:

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Be Our Guest. Best of not many good T.S. restaurants in MK.
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Via Napoli. Best pizza on Disney property.
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: Mama Melroses. Good standard Italian food.
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Yak & Yetti. Fried Wonton desert.
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: Wolfgang Puck The Cafe. Best selection and variety at DTD for 1 t.s credit.
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: Earl of Sandwich. Can not beat the quality and value.
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Sanaa. Good food and only restaurant you can view animals while eating at.
Favorite Character Meal: Crystal Palace for breakfast. Good food and very good character interaction.
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: NO DOUBT VICTORIA & ALBERT'S. BEST DINING EXPERIENCE IN DISNEY WORLD.

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals? CRT to me is not worth it because the quality of food is not worth the absorbenent price.

fuzzlekins 02-13-2013 08:50 PM

MK: BOG because the castle is beautiful and the food we had was quite good. Service was of course great as well.
Epcot: Rose & Crown Pub. I loved, loved, loved their vegetable pie and mash. Best thing I had all week on our last trip. Their sticky toffee bread pudding is also delish. And if you get a 7:20ish reservation and get on the back patio, they've got a great view of Illuminations.
HS: 50s Prime Time - AWESOME theming and atmosphere. It's key to get a great waiter and if you do, it will be very memorable! The meatloaf, pot roast, and fried chicken are all yummy (and I don't even like meatloaf). Really liked their cherry Sprite too.
AK: Have only done Tusker House TS here for lunch. We definitely enjoyed it.
Character Meal: Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Have heard very mixed reviews here and I'm pretty picky when it comes to food quality but my family all enjoyed this one the most, hands down (we've done 6 character meals total to date).

If you don't have kids, I do not think Cinderella's Royal Table is worth it, at least for lunch. The food was okay but not spectacular and the character interaction is no more than any other character meal.

figment_jii 02-14-2013 03:40 PM

My answers are in purple. :)

Quote:

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch - the Colony salad is nice and light and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is really rich and yummy.
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Via Napoli - I love the arancini appetizer, proscuitto e melone pizza and the Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni sundae. The resturant has a nice an airy feeling and if you're seating near the ovens, you can watch them cook the pizzas
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service:Sci Fi - Pretty good standard food and a chance to watch bad sci-fi clips
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Yak & Yeti - good entrees and well themed restaurant
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service:Raglan Road - yummy scallop forest appetizer, good entrees, and one of the best desserts: Dunbrody Jaffa Kiss
Favorite overall DTD restaurant:Raglan Road - see above
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service:Boma breakfast - lots of good selection; some typical American fare, plus a few dishes with an African twist. Plus frunch is really yummy.
Favorite Character Meal:CRT - can't beat eating in the castle. The food is only okay, but the atmosphere is great
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant:Narcoossee's - this is my family's favorite restaurant in WDW. We've always had really good meals and service when we've gone. I like the calamari, whole lobster, and chocolate mousse. Plus is has a pretty good fireworks view.

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals?I enjoyed CRT even through I don't have children with me. We still got to meet the princesses and they gave us the swords/wands! In terms of food quality, no, it's not really that good, but it's great for the atmosphere/experience
Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker?Raglan Road - I'd tie in a dinner visit to see the Irish dancers

Thanks everyone!

sephorachick 02-14-2013 04:20 PM

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: LTT food everyone will like :)
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Biergarten plus its FUN!
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: Primetime 50s had a blast!
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: n/a
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service:T-rex is fun & good food
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: wolfgang
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Kona or whispering Canyon
Favorite Character Meal: Chef Mickeys!
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: Yachtsmen Steakhouse

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals? YES! I was there is 4 adult party in Oct for bfast & we had so much fun & the food was excellent. I'd go back 4 sure :)

Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker? Raglan Road has dancers performing ever so often to enjoy :) sit @ bar & get appetizer & sodas?

jnfr2424 02-14-2013 04:36 PM

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Plaza great Reuben sandwiches and I love sharing Banana Splits
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service:Chefs de France - great food and decor (great pricing -even with no DDP)
SCi-Fi food is good but its all about the atmoshpere
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service:Tusker House
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service:Ragland Road IMO its a hidden gem
Favorite overall DTD restaurant:Earl of Sandwich
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service:Cape May Cafe - for a seafood lover like me!!
Favorite Character Meal:The Garden Grill - with the rotating restaraunt its like the characters are hidden!
Narcoosee's again seafood lover and I just love the atmosphere

The Bonus Question: The Castle is one of those try it once in a lifetime things and DTD either Ragland Road or Bongos

MickeyGs 02-14-2013 04:44 PM

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Liberty Tree Tavern lunch.. we like the atmosphere, food and ooey gooey toffee cake, of course! prices are also reasonable
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Haven't had too many sit downs here, but so far Coral Reef... I had the best food here, and if we got a seat by the tank it would have been even better!
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: 50s Prime Time. Only had that and MMelrose, just preferred 50s theme, though it's been a looong time since I've been there
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: only did Tusker House breakfast. It was yummy!
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: -
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: WPE pizza and EOS sandwiches are both good, haven't eaten much there
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Boma last year, Sanaa this year.. though I really enjoy O'hana as well. Boma just wasn't *as* good for me this year
Favorite Character Meal: ooooh... interaction was crystal palace, food was tusker house.
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: -

PoohsFan1 02-14-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Liberty Tree Tavern because the food is always really good there
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Teppan Edo love the hibachi style restaurant
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: Sci Fi because of the fun atmosphere the burgers and shakes are awesome
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Tusker House Lunch, so much variety and the characters are great
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: Paradiso 37, the food was really good, however the next time we plan on trying Raglin Road
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: Earl of Sandwich
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Whispering Canyon Cafe because it is fun and my family all loves the BBQ skillet
Favorite Character Meal: 1900 Park Fare Breakfast because the food is really good and we love interacting with the characters, especially the Mad Hatter
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: California Grill...this is a must do for us, we love the atmosphere, the food, and the view of MK is awesome....just hope after the refurb, it doesn't change too much

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals? I say yes only if you have never dined in the Castle before, however, if you already have then I say no and save those 2 credits for another Signature Restaurant
Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker? Either DisneyQuest or shop at the Marketplace. DisneyQuest if you like to play video games and Marketplace because it is fun to shop at night there.

Thanks everyone!

My answers are in Red :goodvibes

AirGoofy 02-14-2013 05:44 PM

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Plaza - burgers and milkshakes
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Via Napoli - pizza
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: none
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Yak n Yeti
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: Bongos (not sure if on DP) - plantaines and music
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: Fulton's - King Crab Claws
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: ESPN Club - draft beer and bar food
Favorite Character Meal: CRT Breakfast or Akershus Breakfast - princesses & stuffed french toast or princess & cold buffet cinnamon roll
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: Fulton's or Narcoosee's - lobster

Yes, for breakfast. It is a really fun experience, and the stuffed french toast is amazing.

MichelleWDWfan 02-15-2013 12:35 PM

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Crystal Palace. (I haven't eaten at BOG yet - soon though!)

Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Le Chefs de France - great ambience and you get to meet Remy!

Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: 50's Primetime Cafe -Lots of food for your money and it's alot of fun!

Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Tusker House - Food is great and character interaction is top notch. (They need more TS in AK)

Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: Raglan Road - a hidden gem.
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: Raglan Road

Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Boma

Favorite Character Meal: Tusker House or Cape May Cafe - Both really good.

Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: Citrico's
Not accepted on the dining plan & expensive? Victoria & Alberts - Costly but a gourmet meal unlike any other in WDW.

CRT is worth it for the experience...at least 1 time...kids or not. The food is ok, it's the atmosphere of being inside the castle, that's totally worth it.

Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker? Cirque du Soleil. THere's also the Atlantic Dance Hall at the Boardwalk. :)

Brook1099 02-15-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: have only had CP so have to choose that, but want to go to LTT for lunch next trip.
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: when it was 1 TS LeCellier, love the pretzel bread, soup, filet and mushroom risotto. Whole family likes.
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: Sci Fi, only one and love the all american burger, wings, and pb chocolate dessert.
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Tusker House for breakfast buffet
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: Ragland Road, gers bread pudding
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: Trex because of theme and whole family likes
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Boma, love the buffet and variety of flavors
Favorite Character Meal: best interaction was Grand Floridian breakfast with Pooh, Mary Poppins, Alice and Mad Hatter, food definately Tusker House
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: most eaten at Yachtsmen, overall good meal everytime, but like all we have dined, AP, Jiko,Narcosses and Fultons.

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals? Yes, everyone should go once.
Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker? Thats tough, we have kids with us all the time so never have been there strictly for entertainments.

Thanks everyone!

Have a great trip, Love doing the survey :)

VACamm 02-15-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveeliot

Favorite Character Meal:

Thanks everyone!

1. Liberty Tree Tavern... We LOVE the meal... Delicious!

2. Rose and Crown... Great food... Fun atmosphere

3. Mama Melroses... Love the Calamari and Sangria

4. AK.... Not eaten TS here yet but in June we have ADRs for Yak and Yeti and Tusker House so I will let you know :)

5. Wolfgang Pucks .... Omg best meal ever.

6. Rainforest Cafe.... My kids and I always enjoy the atmosphere

7. Boma.... The selection is amazing and Zebra Domes are to die for

8. Crystal Palace... Love the Pooh characters and its tradition for our family

9. Never done a 2 credit restaurant but would love to one day!

Bonus: Never been to Cinderellas Table

Extra Bonus: Ragland Road

BDL 02-15-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Crystal Palace
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Tutto Italia
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: None of the above :headache:
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Tusker House
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: N/A
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: N/A (Haven't eaten a meal at DTD since the days of PI)
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Tie... Kona Cafe: Breakfast / Boatwrights: Dinner
Favorite Character Meal: Tusker House
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: Le Cellier

Thanks everyone!

See above for answers