The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sci Fi Vegetarian Sheppard's Pie? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064169)

dato63 02-13-2013 01:02 PM

Sci Fi Vegetarian Sheppard's Pie?

I was looking at the menu as my DDs want to dine here on our next trip. We've not eaten here in a few years as there were very few options for me. I looked and saw this has been added. I did do searches on here for it, but didn't find any. . . .

Has anyone tried it?

tb1972 02-13-2013 02:40 PM

I have not tried it. Last time, I ate onion rings & a milk shake! Not healthy but yummy.
We have an ADR there in May so I'm looking for vegetarian suggestions too.

BusyMom2Three 02-13-2013 03:08 PM

We haven't tried it since DD is allergic to milk and I prefer not to (and can't tolerate large quantities even if I did). I see they also have this:

Vegetable Burger - Vegetable Patty topped with Cucumber Planks, Vine-ripened Tomatoes, Grilled Red Onions, Arugula, drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar served with a choice of Cucumber Salad or Sweet Potato Fries $12.49

I wish they still had the glazed tofu dish. I had wanted to get around to trying that. I think it was mango glazed with coconut if I remember. It sounded soooo good!

dato63 02-13-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb1972 (Post 47496951)
I have not tried it. Last time, I ate onion rings & a milk shake! Not healthy but yummy.
We have an ADR there in May so I'm looking for vegetarian suggestions too.

Sounds like my first/only lunch there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three (Post 47497278)
We haven't tried it since DD is allergic to milk and I prefer not to (and can't tolerate large quantities even if I did). I see they also have this:

Vegetable Burger - Vegetable Patty topped with Cucumber Planks, Vine-ripened Tomatoes, Grilled Red Onions, Arugula, drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar served with a choice of Cucumber Salad or Sweet Potato Fries $12.49

I wish they still had the glazed tofu dish. I had wanted to get around to trying that. I think it was mango glazed with coconut if I remember. It sounded soooo good!

I saw the burger. I can't eat the bun, but it may be a workable option if there is no positive info on the sheppards pie.

disneygal55 02-14-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dato63 (Post 47495891)
I was looking at the menu as my DDs want to dine here on our next trip. We've not eaten here in a few years as there were very few options for me. I looked and saw this has been added. I did do searches on here for it, but didn't find any. . . .

Has anyone tried it?

I haven't tried it but there is a description on Allears under menus. It's got vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes, and cheddar cheese.

dato63 02-15-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneygal55 (Post 47510461)
I haven't tried it but there is a description on Allears under menus. It's got vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes, and cheddar cheese.

Thank you. I have read that. When I do a search on google I can even find a picture of it - just wondered if anyone had actually tried it.

Like a lot of people I have dietary restrictions I try to work around so my children can dine in the fun places. :)

winnieatepooh 02-15-2013 09:12 AM

Just found this review. Doesn't look too good! Unfortunately! I was really looking forward to getting that on my next trip, so that's a bummer!

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/02...ne-in-theater/

BusyMom2Three 02-15-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnieatepooh
Just found this review. Doesn't look too good! Unfortunately! I was really looking forward to getting that on my next trip, so that's a bummer!

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/02...ne-in-theater/

Thank you for posting that review w/ the pic & description. It looks and sounds just awful.

dato63 02-15-2013 10:05 AM

Thank you so much for sharing. I truly appreciate you taking the time to search. I had tried searching with different wording, found a pic - but not a review of anyone that had actually eaten it.

I like reading the burger got a good feedback at least! I guess I can do that, and just skip the bun.

everythingALICE 02-15-2013 02:32 PM

Ugh, this sounds so gross! In what world is a veggie burger covered in mashed potatoes and covered with cheese a pot pie?!

Rose & Crown had a veggie shepards pie on their menu a few years ago, that was just so, so delicious! It was easily my favorite entree of the entire trip. I was so looking forward to having it again on my trip this past January, but sadly they took it off the menu.

I got excited for a moment reading this post, thinking that perhaps they were using the same recipe. Clearly, that's not the case.