The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hollywood & Vine confusion (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063999)

MadScouser 02-13-2013 08:42 AM

Hollywood & Vine confusion

:confused3

Is this now just character breakfast or lunch ?

Narrative on website indicates character meals for both

Reservations only say Character Breakfast

Anyone know for certain ? :confused3

DisneyGuess 02-13-2013 08:47 AM

It is a character meal at breakfast & at lunch.

I'm thinking th site has had that glitch for a bit, where it says no characters available at lunch, but they are there.

Just no characters for dinner.

tiffjoy 02-13-2013 08:51 AM

We just went last month for lunch and it's a character meal.

BTW, we really enjoyed it. The food was good and the character interaction was really great.

mommy2mb 02-13-2013 10:49 AM

Characters are at lunch, we have had lunch several times there. Just no characters at supper!

River Country 02-13-2013 12:31 PM

i ve been there for lunch and breakfast and to be honest if it werent for the characters i would not go. The food is sub par

dec2009mama 02-13-2013 01:28 PM

We have a late breakfast/early lunch reservation and I was assured that there are characters for both meals when I booked over the phone.

MadScouser 02-14-2013 07:27 AM

Thanks guys !!! I booked 2 ressies for the same day (one v late brekkie / one early lunch) - will cancel the brekkie :)

LaurenT 02-14-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadScouser
Thanks guys !!! I booked 2 ressies for the same day (one v late brekkie / one early lunch) - will cancel the brekkie :)

Do yourself a favor and cancel the lunch instead! There's only so much damage they can do to breakfast.

MadScouser 02-14-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenT (Post 47503430)
Do yourself a favor and cancel the lunch instead! There's only so much damage they can do to breakfast.

:rotfl2: I'm under instructions from DW, so will do as I am told

LaurenT 02-14-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadScouser

:rotfl2: I'm under instructions from DW, so will do as I am told

Ok, if you must, then be sure to take some prilosec or Zantac with you!

tiffjoy 02-16-2013 11:29 PM

I was concerned about lunch here and warned my DH that I had read the food wasn't good. I was pleasantly surprised (and confused) because I thought it was perfectly fine, some items were quite delicious. It was what it was- a buffet at an average restaurant, and i had no complaints. I wonder if some people are expecting a tad too much of it?

LaurenT 02-17-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffjoy
I was concerned about lunch here and warned my DH that I had read the food wasn't good. I was pleasantly surprised (and confused) because I thought it was perfectly fine, some items were quite delicious. It was what it was- a buffet at an average restaurant, and i had no complaints. I wonder if some people are expecting a tad too much of it?

Well, I expect it to be decent and clean. I tried lunch many years ago, it was neither.
I've done breakfast a couple of times since then because my DD really liked jojo and the
einsteins, breakfast was definitely easier ti take.
I don't think I'm too picky, I was very happy with my Cape May buffet last night, always satisfied with crystal palace and Tusker house...
But H&V and Chef Mickey's give me indigestion just thinking about them.
Perhaps they are just lacking consistency and I always get them on a bad night?

Hopefully 02-17-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadScouser (Post 47503370)

What's a "brekkie"? Never heard of it

I agree wholeheartedly with LaurenT. I would cancel lunch. After all these years H & V is one of only 2 restaurants in all of WDW we will not return to.
We were surrounded by dirty, unbussed tables. Our waitress was RUDE, the only place that has ever happened to us. The hot food was not hot, the cold food was not cold, the buffet was a mess. The Ladies Room was filthy.
Maybe you need to talk more to your wife, so she hears some of the advice from those who have experienced H & V.

tiffjoy 02-17-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenT

Well, I expect it to be decent and clean. I tried lunch many years ago, it was neither.
I've done breakfast a couple of times since then because my DD really liked jojo and the
einsteins, breakfast was definitely easier ti take.
I don't think I'm too picky, I was very happy with my Cape May buffet last night, always satisfied with crystal palace and Tusker house...
But H&V and Chef Mickey's give me indigestion just thinking about them.
Perhaps they are just lacking consistency and I always get them on a bad night?

Hmm. The place was nearly empty when we arrived, and everything was quite clean. Cleanliness is a biggie for me, too. We went in January. Maybe they have been working on improving? Or maybe because it was slow? Either way, we had a very nice meal and the characters were fantastic.

MadScouser 02-19-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopefully (Post 47531128)
What's a "brekkie"? Never heard of it

I agree wholeheartedly with LaurenT. I would cancel lunch. After all these years H & V is one of only 2 restaurants in all of WDW we will not return to.
We were surrounded by dirty, unbussed tables. Our waitress was RUDE, the only place that has ever happened to us. The hot food was not hot, the cold food was not cold, the buffet was a mess. The Ladies Room was filthy.
Maybe you need to talk more to your wife, so she hears some of the advice from those who have experienced H & V.

Brekkie - English shorthand / slang for 'Breakfast' !