The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gators or snakes: Ever been seen at Grand Floridian?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063818)

Swirly girls 02-12-2013 07:39 PM

Gators or snakes: Ever been seen at Grand Floridian??
 
Has anyone ever seem any gators or snakes on the grand Floridian grounds???

Sammie 02-12-2013 07:52 PM

Yes, both.

Turn the Page 02-12-2013 08:03 PM

The entire Walt Disney World grounds are completely free of snakes, lizards, gators, and assorted creepy crawlies, with the exception of whatever they have in exhibits at AK.

AlexC21 02-12-2013 08:09 PM

I heard there was a gator in the magic kingdo a few years back where Tom Sayers is also near pop in the lake. But I did find a cockroach in the shower at pop also

msmama 02-12-2013 08:12 PM

I am obsessive about looking for Alligators in bodies of water in Florida and I don't think I've ever seen one on WDW property. That said, they are probably there, but I'm sure Disney folks keep a good eye on them.

I did see an Armadillo outside ASMovies once!!

Rpasko 02-12-2013 08:32 PM

Saw a few in the waters around Shades of Green a few years ago.

Happy 2 B Me 02-12-2013 08:41 PM

Some years ago while looking at the water mill that is on Tom Sawyers island I saw a gator. Now not a big gator but yep a gator. Poor thing just wanted to sun itself in the warm Florida sun. Well I did take time for picture taking. I even took a few minutes of video whilest animal control was on way to take care of mr. gator.

Two of the biggest men in one peice Carhart type gear showed up to clear the area for MK guests. Now let me tell you the show those guys put on was leg slapping funny. At the end of the day the CM's tossed rocks at the gator until the gator slithered in to the Rivers of America. Remember there are canoes out there on that river with little kids reaching into the water to see how that water feels.

Not 20 seconds after the CM's walked back up the dirt path then that gator went back up on the dirt to sun itself again. LOL

Now please let me share it was just a 3-4 ft gator. Wonder how big it is today.

I have seen snakes-- I went screaming one way and it more then likely went screaming the other.

hope this answers your question. Yes, there are gators --everywhere on Disney property.

momto3boysillbe 02-12-2013 08:44 PM

I've wondered this several times before. I'm sure they have a way to keep an eye out for gators in particular but I have no idea how they can keep them out for sure.

Turn the Page 02-12-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me (Post 47489899)
Some years ago while looking at the water mill that is on Tom Sawyers island I saw a gator. Now not a big gator but yep a gator. Poor thing just wanted to sun itself in the warm Florida sun. Well I did take time for picture taking. I even took a few minutes of video whilest animal control was on way to take care of mr. gator.

Two of the biggest men in one peice Carhart type gear showed up to clear the area for MK guests. Now let me tell you the show those guys put on was leg slapping funny. At the end of the day the CM's tossed rocks at the gator until the gator slithered in to the Rivers of America. Remember there are canoes out there on that river with little kids reaching into the water to see how that water feels.

Not 20 seconds after the CM's walked back up the dirt path then that gator went back up on the dirt to sun itself again. LOL

Now please let me share it was just a 3-4 ft gator. Wonder how big it is today.

I have seen snakes-- I went screaming one way and it more then likely went screaming the other.

hope this answers your question. Yes, there are gators --everywhere on Disney property.

In my world snakes and gators do not exist at Disney World. Why must you ruin this for me? :confused3

jude&jonah 02-12-2013 09:18 PM

I worked at the Grand for a year and never saw either- so that probably helps to show that they're quite rare! Oh and my job was in recreation (marina, lifeguard, etc.) if someone would have seen them I would think I would have. I bet they're there- but just not many. I also used to take the boats out a lot and never saw alligators.

AuroraRora 02-12-2013 09:21 PM

Not Grand Floridian, but we had a run-in with a snake while playing mini golf at wdw. It showed up in the middle of my brother putting and explored our part of the course while we just stood and stared at it.

AuroraRora 02-12-2013 09:23 PM

Not Grand Floridian, but we had a run-in with a snake while playing mini golf at wdw. It showed up in the middle of my brother putting and explored our part of the course while we just stood and stared at it.

Note, we were from a very snake-free city, it was the first time we'd ever seen a snake outside of a zoo

mollymar 02-12-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turn the Page (Post 47489981)
In my world snakes and gators do not exist at Disney World. Why must you ruin this for me? :confused3

Same here. Because if I thought they did exist at WDW I might not go. ;)

Turn the Page 02-12-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymar (Post 47490476)
Same here. Because if I thought they did exist at WDW I might not go. ;)

Solidarity sister!!!

If there was an emoticon for a virtual fist bump I would put it here but there isn't so we will just have to pretend.

Happy 2 B Me 02-12-2013 10:00 PM

There shall be no Videos or pictures for you --I will supply the eye guards. Oh my word I do not want to be the mean old woman that ruined WDW for all the people of the world. I will bow my head while watching the walkways and waterways for you on all your future trips. You know that means I am the paid to travel keeper of all slithery beasts away from you. I will accept my new found career will all the pomp I can muster.

In all I am sorry if I made Disney seem real life :(. Trust me I am so scared of reptiles I swear I dont sleep for the first few nights when we go to WDW-- but I still go :). Gotta love the Dsiney magic.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Turn the Page (Post 47489981)
In my world snakes and gators do not exist at Disney World. Why must you ruin this for me? :confused3



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.