The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Comcast to buy out GE's stake in NBC, Universal Themeparks (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063783)

lockedoutlogic 02-12-2013 07:25 PM

Comcast to buy out GE's stake in NBC, Universal Themeparks

Apparently Comcast likes the arrangement that Disney has...as they are buying out the 49% stake that they didnt own of NBC and...importantly for parks fans - universal studios.

This is great news for fans of Disney parks...as strong competition with similar financial
Muscle is nothing but good for "motivation"

lockedoutlogic 02-12-2013 07:28 PM

Officially...I still HATE Comcast...

My bill is going up this month so much that I might be financing the buyout myself

artesian 02-12-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic (Post 47488618)
Officially...I still HATE Comcast...

My bill is going up this month so much that I might be financing the buyout myself

I left Comcrap 10yrs ago and have been with Direct TV. Will never give them a penny ever again.

Peter Pirate 2 02-12-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artesian (Post 47489982)
I left Comcrap 10yrs ago and have been with Direct TV. Will never give them a penny ever again.

You mean you'll never go to Universal?

lockedoutlogic 02-12-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 (Post 47490128)
You mean you'll never go to Universal?

On any given day...there's a 77% chance that he would be in WDW:stir:

RES1536 02-14-2013 12:01 AM

I will never forgive Comcast for taking over my dear TechTV.

disneymayz 02-14-2013 06:40 AM

Funny how it turned into a Comcast bashing. I pay them so I can watch TV. When I turn my TV on there are channels there, so they do what I pay them to do. When I have a probelem, which I rarely do, they come out and fix it because I CALL until it is fixed. Everything goes up! Did people switch to a gas powered generator becasue their electric rates went up? I didn't. Ticket prices to Disney goes up every year also. I still go. It's part of life.

DRDISNEYMD 02-19-2013 10:25 PM

~Wow...

~This is great news for Universal! I know Disney doesn't like this, for some reason they are in no real hurry to create new innovative, or even creative rides and experiences for WDW.

skier_pete 02-19-2013 10:53 PM

I hate comcast because the own the Philadelphia Flyers, and I hate the Flyers. Then, by some weird coincidence, the team with the most games on NBC (also partly owned by comcast) - the Flyers.

They are like Disney's evil twin!

Seriously though, we don't have comcast in our area, and we have Directv anyways.

lockedoutlogic 02-20-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skier_pete
I hate comcast because the own the Philadelphia Flyers, and I hate the Flyers. Then, by some weird coincidence, the team with the most games on NBC (also partly owned by comcast) - the Flyers.

They are like Disney's evil twin!

Seriously though, we don't have comcast in our area, and we have Directv anyways.

There's is no question that the Flyers are a rotting carcass of filth submerged in a cesspool...

However all I know is that I paid for an out of market package that only gets me 18 of 48 games - as the other 30 are on national TV. Granted, that includes NHL Network games...but they are basically a wing of Comcast, CBC, and RDS now anyway.

Right state, wrong team.

cristen 02-21-2013 07:56 PM

They were always going to buy it. It was part of the original deal. They just paid off the loan to GE earlier than expected.

SpacePlace 02-22-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD (Post 47562439)
~This is great news for Universal! I know Disney doesn't like this, for some reason they are in no real hurry to create new innovative, or even creative rides and experiences for WDW.

The way I use to feel about Disney when they were the leaders in new ride technologies and effects is gone and now I get excited about what Universal is rolling out. It would be nice if Disney could take it up a notch to Universal's level. Maybe this will light a fire under them.

2012DisneyWorldBride 02-22-2013 05:17 PM

Hmmmm I think I need to ignore this thread... My husband is a manager for comcast.

cristen 02-22-2013 10:15 PM

Mine is too. :thumbsup2 I always have to hear how awful comcast is. I just ignore it. You won't be able to convince anyone otherwise.