The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Narcoossee's with young kids? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063741)

phi2012 02-12-2013 05:11 PM

Narcoossee's with young kids?

Hi, trying to get some peoples opinions on whether we should book a table for narcoossee`s one night or not.

we will have our 4 year old and 23 month old girls with us and am not sure what the restaurant is like with children. My kids are on the whole very well behaved and enjoy eating dinner so I think if I bought colouring books etc we might be ok, but I wasn't sure what other peoples thoughts might be on it.

This would be our only signature meal of our 15 night holiday (got lots of lovely ts restaurants booked but no signatures :confused3) and we would quite like to do something a bit more special one night as the holiday is also to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary as well as our girls birthdays (got them covered with character meals :thumbsup2).

peoples thoughts :)

donnaf516 02-12-2013 05:18 PM

We did Narcoosse with my 5 year old daughter last summer. All was fine and we didn't feel out of place at all. She was very well behaved and loved watching Wishes from the dock.

Enjoy!

Pakey 02-12-2013 05:20 PM

Narcoosees is full of children.

melifeld 02-12-2013 05:26 PM

We ate here with my son when he was 4 1/2. We scheduled our dinner so that we would be there for the fireworks. There were lots of other kids there and DS enjoyed it!

phi2012 02-13-2013 01:51 AM

That's good to hear.

Are there ones normally as little as my youngest?

Also if trying to make it so that we are there for the wishes and the boat parade what time should we do the adr?

And if it's quite late how do you normally manage your kids with food hunger etc?

Thanks for the quick responses. :thumbsup2

topmonkeygirl 02-13-2013 06:13 AM

Even if they are bad kids they are still welcome. We were there once and we were seated next to 5 or 6 kids, no adults at the table, or even the table next to them, and they were very bad. All of them under the age of 8. The parents were seated 2 tables beside and 1 behind the kids, they were not paying attention to the kids at all. They enjoyed a nice quiet dinner while the wait staff and the tables around the kids had to endure their bad manners. They were throwing bread, playing with the candles, playing with the plates, crawling on the floor, stopping the waiter every time he came by, had one waiter bring them back to the table when they went to the bathroom, it was horrible. Our waiter apologized and said he put a rush on the 2 tables to try to get them out sooner, he was wonderful.

Hopefully 02-13-2013 06:18 AM

Have you considered an in room sitting service so that you and your husband can really relax and enjoy your anniversary celebration? There are several that members of the DIS use and are very comfortable with.
If you decide to all go, I would urge you to go early in the evening. Although there are children there, many couples and adults are looking for a quieter evening at the Signature Restaurants.
Good Luck.

lobsterkmd 02-13-2013 06:38 AM

With the exception of V&A's one of the things I love about Disney is kids are welcome everywhere. If you think people will be offended by you bringing your kids you should remind them you are in Disney!!! If they want adults only dining and vacation- try Vegas!

On our last visit we are at all signatures with my DD10 and we saw tons of kids- we met a couple with an 18 month old at California Grill and started talking with them and all the restaurants they had taken their daughter to on the trip. We noticed waitstaff very accommodating.

I do recommend dining earlier in the evening, as you will find most families dining at signatures around that time!

CraigInPA 02-13-2013 08:24 AM

Flame suit ON.

Ask yourself whether your youngest child really can sit through a 2 hour meal without issues? If the answer is no, then spare the other diners at this signature restaurant the interaction with your children. There is day care, I believe, at all the resort hotels available if you really want to attend this restaurant. If your child can be "very well behaved", then, by all means, bring him/her.

JZCubed 02-13-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lobsterkmd (Post 47491806)
With the exception of V&A's one of the things I love about Disney is kids are welcome everywhere.

This. :thumbsup2

3pletprincesses 02-13-2013 11:20 AM

You will see kids the same age as your youngest and younger at most Disney restaurants. We brought our infant last August and never felt out of place. I try to avoid later times as I found it works better for us and there's more kids early dinner. However keep in mind that even adults are sometime worse then kids and make more noise then kids therefor i wouldn't worry too much about it. Go and enjoy!

DSLRuser 02-13-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigInPA (Post 47492702)
Flame suit ON.

Ask yourself whether your youngest child really can sit through a 2 hour meal without issues? If the answer is no, then spare the other diners at this signature restaurant the interaction with your children. There is day care, I believe, at all the resort hotels available if you really want to attend this restaurant. If your child can be "very well behaved", then, by all means, bring him/her.

Agree 100%

My kids are very well mannered, as we have taken them to nice places since they were in punkin seats. We have done california grill with them at ages 8 months and 6 years.

All I ask the OP or anyone who reads this. Watch your children. if they act up, remove them. Sorry, YOUR dinner may be ruined because of your kids. but dont let your kids ruined the dinner of several tables of people sitting near them.

My kids are not always perfect. My wife or I have had many moments where one of us had to go out side and be a parent to our child. some times we brought the child back and finished the meal. others we had to take a dogie bag home.

Parent your children. Time outs and empty threats only go so far. You have to call their bluff. Some times that means no ice cream, some times for us it means we give the child a spanking. What ever your method. PARENT YOUR CHILDREN.

mommy2paisley 02-13-2013 02:44 PM

We did Narcoosee's in Nov. with a 15-month-old and 6.5-year-old. The baby fell asleep halfway through the meal and everyone kept offering to run get our stroller for him to sleep, but that would have woken him up so DH just held him. When the food arrived, our waiter came over, cut DH's steak up into pieces, trimmed what little fat there was, and took the lobster off the shell and cut it up so he could still eat and it not get cold while I was eating. It was an awesome experience with kids!!! We noticed lots of kids, some in strollers sleeping, and the restaurant was pretty loud, so it's not like you have to be super quiet. I would definitely go with kids again!!!!

TDC Nala 02-13-2013 03:37 PM

If the children are well behaved and you go early, there isn't any reason why not. Unfortunately if you are trying to be there for Wishes, depending on the time of year you are going, you may have to be in the restaurant at 9-10 PM which usually isn't the greatest for small kids - you alone know what your kids can and can't handle.

Bob NC 02-13-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigInPA (Post 47492702)
Flame suit ON.

The only problem there is that after you bust off a hundred or so to pay for some in room sitting, you aren't going to be too happy sitting at Narcoossee's with 4 unruly screaming kids at the table next to you.

You will be fine, and more than likely your kids will be too. Go and enjoy it and if one of the kids gets fidgety a short walk out on the patio will do wonders.

Except V & A, there are kids the same ages as yours in EVERY restaurant.