The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Leatherman (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063326)

TheWalsh 02-11-2013 11:57 PM

Leatherman

As a habit I carry a Leatherman multitool( better have it and not need than to need it and not have it) is it okay in "checked", the luggage the deliver to your room. I know this works for airlines.

TXDCLfan 02-12-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWalsh (Post 47480403)
As a habit I carry a Leatherman multitool( better have it and not need than to need it and not have it) is it okay in "checked", the luggage the deliver to your room. I know this works for airlines.

It is not allowed. Check the DCL web site under "prohibited" items , it falls into the category of knives and tools.

TheWalsh 02-12-2013 12:14 AM

I guess that makes sense, but it will feel wired to me. I feel incomplete with out it.

Yvet 02-12-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWalsh
I guess that makes sense, but it will feel wired to me. I feel incomplete with out it.

Some people do say that about their gun or drugs ;-)
It's not allowed and i don't know if you get it back after the cruise if the confiscated the item...

wendyoconnor 02-12-2013 07:59 AM

You do get the confiscated items back, DH forgot about his Swiss army knife that was in his suitcase until we got it back at the end of the cruise.

mmouse37 02-12-2013 08:39 AM

My BIL is like you OP, he feels naked without his Leatherman and he had confiscated from his luggage when we last cruised. It was returned to him at the end of the cruise but I forgot how/where it was given back to him.

MJ

TheWalsh 03-09-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvet

Some people do say that about their gun or drugs ;-)
It's not allowed and i don't know if you get it back after the cruise if the confiscated the item...

I'm not addicted, I prefer to have it at...all... Okay I see your point

Yvet 03-10-2013 04:36 AM

But do a search for it again.

Because TSA does allowed a 3" blade knife again it could be changing...

NurseDave 03-10-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvet

It's not a TSA issue. You certainly get it to the cruise ship in checked luggage, you just can't get it on board.

Tonka's Skipper 03-10-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvet (Post 47754018)

Don't be so qiuck.............seems they are reviewing this .............including a congresssional review...................lots of people and groups have objected

personally I don't see a problem.

AKK

Yvet 03-10-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper

Don't be so qiuck.............seems they are reviewing this .............including a congresssional review...................lots of people and groups have objected

personally I don't see a problem.

AKK

Here in the Netherlands it alwas all over te news that it was going to be allowed.
Ofcourse we didn't hear anything about any reviews about this (it's always the same with the news, first a big story but when there is any ews about that, we don't hear it...).
So i didn't knew anything better then it was going to be allowed by TSA....

faithtrustpixie 03-10-2013 09:29 AM

My DH's Leatherman was in his shaving kit both times we cruised. The last time was 2 weeks ago. It was not confiscated.

Tonka's Skipper 03-10-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvet (Post 47754764)
Here in the Netherlands it alwas all over te news that it was going to be allowed.
Ofcourse we didn't hear anything about any reviews about this (it's always the same with the news, first a big story but when there is any ews about that, we don't hear it...).
So i didn't knew anything better then it was going to be allowed by TSA....

No problem....it was on the news here friday.........as I said I don't think a small folding knife is a big deal........and I don't think they will change it back..........most likely the political people looking for more votes!

AKK