The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New York departures? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063264)

cmsb 02-11-2013 09:22 PM

New York departures?

We just returned from Disney World this weekend and on the bus ride to the airport the Disney video said that cruises were offered out of New York. However, I can't find any cruises that leave from New York on the website. Have they discountinued using New York as a departure port? :confused3

PrincessShmoo 02-11-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsb (Post 47478881)
We just returned from Disney World this weekend and on the bus ride to the airport the Disney video said that cruises were offered out of New York. However, I can't find any cruises that leave from New York on the website. Have they discountinued using New York as a departure port? :confused3

There are no NYC depatures on the current schedule. Rumors abound that any day now the itineraries for summer/fall 2014 may be released.

ARLENE1 02-12-2013 02:44 AM

May just be on "old" video. The Disney Magic cruised out of New York Harbor last year in 2012 during the Summer and in to the early fall alternating between 8/Day Bahamas cruises and New England/Canada cruises. The 8/day cruise also stopped at Disney World for one day.

Nikisha421 02-12-2013 03:30 AM

I sure hope they do sale out of NYC again

lorimay 02-12-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikisha421 (Post 47480648)
I sure hope they do sale out of NYC again

Me too!
I am hoping for a 7 day or longer Canada/New England cruise with actual stops thru New England.

Thorb73 02-12-2013 04:08 PM

Unfortunately, although there have been rumours, no cruises from NYC have been announced for 2014 :-(

So lets hope on 2015 :-) :thumbsup2

swfmco 02-12-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorb73
Unfortunately, although there have been rumours, no cruises from NYC have been announced for 2014 :-(

So lets hope on 2015 :-) :thumbsup2

So disappointed that DCL is skipping NYC. The choice to do Galveston and Miami multiple times over NYC baffles me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

WaDiWo 02-12-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swfmco

So disappointed that DCL is skipping NYC. The choice to do Galveston and Miami multiple times over NYC baffles me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I agree. Presumably it's a business decision to keep Galveston, but to leave out NYC??? The NYC area has a huge Disney fan population, as demonstrated by the numerous transplants who move to the Orlando area. The NYC cruises by DCL were very popular. We went on one of the NYC weekend cruises (see my trip reports in my sig), and loved it!

If they do NYC again, they would have my family as instant bookers again ...

but alas we are but one family... sigh.