The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Booking Thru Costco (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063199)

lorimay 02-11-2013 06:59 PM

Booking Thru Costco

I am just about ready to book our Alaskan Cruise for September 2nd.

If I book thru Costco I will get a Costco gift card for $380.
The prices are the same on DCL as they are at Costco.

Are there any other advantages or disadvantages to this I am missing?

I have always booked thru DCL.

Thanks,
Lori

cypressmom 02-11-2013 08:59 PM

You won't be able to contact Disney directly. If you need tp address something you will need to go through Costco. Pretty painless. Once your booking window opens, you can do your online check-in and book excursions online.

Sur 02-11-2013 09:04 PM

great gift card.

You will be on hold for any changes to your reservations, sometimes for upwards of an hour. If you know this going in, it may work for you.

Luv2Diz 02-11-2013 09:15 PM

We always book through Costco - love the cash cards! The Costco travel reps aren't always the most knowledgeable but I prefer to do my own research anyway then I just call Costco and have them book what we want.

micheleq 02-11-2013 09:28 PM

I booked our April 2014 Fantasy cruise through Costco. So far, no issues. When I called to make a change (link dining with friends), the Costco rep told me she would be on hold w/DCL and offered to call me back once she made the change so I wouldn't also have to wait on hold. Maybe that doesn't always happen, but it was a courteous gesture.

pillow 02-12-2013 09:37 AM

We book through Costco as well. Two disadvantages that I'm aware of . . .

#1 if you downgrade your room, making the price lower, they charge a $25 change fee. No fee on upgrades or cancellations though.

#2 They don't open until 10:00am Eastern time. So, when new itineraries come out, I can't book at 8:00am through DCL. I will have to wait until 10:00 when Costco phones open. This one bugs me, but the cash card is ginormous, so its a trade off I'm willing to make.

Jodie

Lisa Lisa 02-12-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pillow
#2 They don't open until 10:00am Eastern time. So, when new itineraries come out, I can't book at 8:00am through DCL. I will have to wait until 10:00 when Costco phones open. This one bugs me, but the cash card is ginormous, so its a trade off I'm willing to make.

Jodie

Can you not book via Costco's web site on opening day?

pillow 02-12-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa (Post 47482293)
Can you not book via Costco's web site on opening day?

I have a OBB res that I need to transfer. Plus, I'm Gold, so that would need to be called in anyway (assuming Gold/Platinum get to book a day early). I'm hoping since the general public won't be able to book a day early, prices won't go up too horribly between 8:00-10:00.

Jodie

lorimay 02-12-2013 10:57 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies.
This will be our first cruise as gold members so we are familiar with Disney and our wants and needs.
The cash card is great incentive too.:goodvibes