The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Honeymoon suite! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063104)

KYTink 02-11-2013 02:43 PM

Honeymoon suite!
 
Just saw on another post something about honeymoon suites at WL. Is this accurate? Do any other resorts have them?:yay:

aristocatz 02-11-2013 03:08 PM

We stayed there for part of our honeymoon/Christmas trip in 2011.

It is NOT a "suite" though-it's regular room size, but it has a king sized bed, jacuzzi, & a different room layout. It's located on the 7th floor, club level.

Honestly, we were not all that impressed with it & did not feel it was worth the high price tag. Loved the WL, loved the CL lounge, but the honeymoon room was.....meh....kinda bland. Not well decorated, room was kinda cramped with a strange layout (compared to the CL Poly room we stayed in the first half of our trip, which was much more spacious). It did have a nice balcony where you could see the monorail resorts, Space Mountain, the high fireworks from Wishes, & that was nice.

The Poly also has a honeymoon suite and I wish we had saved up to stay there instead.

DebbieB 02-11-2013 03:18 PM

I think GF does and Boardwalk has the garden suites that are popular with honeymooners.

KYTink 02-11-2013 03:22 PM

My husband and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary this year in August. We have been to the World several times so thought I would look into something a little special. I will definitely check out the Poly. It is my favorite! Thanks for the info!

elaw 02-11-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aristocatz (Post 47475609)
...

It is NOT a "suite" though-it's regular room size, but it has a king sized bed, jacuzzi, & a different room layout. It's located on the 7th floor, club level.

Honestly, we were not all that impressed with it & did not feel it was worth the high price tag. Loved the WL, loved the CL lounge, but the honeymoon room was.....meh....kinda bland. Not well decorated, room was kinda cramped with a strange layout ....

We didn't care for it either ... We had booked it many years ago and asked to be changed to a standard CL room when we saw it in person.

aristocatz 02-11-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elaw (Post 47475839)
We didn't care for it either ... We had booked it many years ago and asked to be changed to a standard CL room when we saw it in person.

I wish we had asked to change rooms-I couldn't believe how bland the decor was! & it was in need of renovating as well. Jacuzzi was nice, but still not worth the room.

Did you get a refund on the price difference??

aristocatz 02-11-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTink (Post 47475755)
My husband and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary this year in August. We have been to the World several times so thought I would look into something a little special. I will definitely check out the Poly. It is my favorite! Thanks for the info!

If we ever do a very special trip again, we are definitely going to stay Poly CL again-our garden view room was fantastic.....though if we can afford it, we will splurge on the honeymoon suite at the Poly.....which I think is actually a suite!

Jestocost 02-11-2013 04:11 PM

Most (all?) of the deluxe resorts have true suites of some kind. They are pricey and hard to come by, however.

The Presidential Suite at the Yacht Club was Michael Eisner's favorite when he ran Disney.

elaw 02-11-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aristocatz (Post 47475905)
I wish we had asked to change rooms-I couldn't believe how bland the decor was! & it was in need of renovating as well. Jacuzzi was nice, but still not worth the room.

Did you get a refund on the price difference??

Back then (Ten Years ago) I dont think there was a difference (cant really remember to be honest) :confused3 but if there was I'm pretty sure they would have refunded it.

Dreamsdocometrue9112 02-11-2013 11:29 PM

We stayed in the honeymoon suite at the GF this past September. We were upgraded from standard CL. It was everything I'd ever dreamed of and more. I cried when I walked into the room. It was in the main building. It had a direct view of the castle and lagoon right outside our balcony. I literally still dream of it. Looking at the price of that room a night when we got home, i knew we would never be able to afford it. We were swimming in pixie dust. Perfect example of how disney makes memories you never forget.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend it. You'll never forget it.

D&R love Disney 02-12-2013 11:18 AM

We planned on staying in a WL Honeymoon suite until we toured one, not worth it in my opinion.

Much better are the garden suites at the BWI, very romantic and huge!

Peanut 02-13-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 (Post 47480313)
We stayed in the honeymoon suite at the GF this past September. We were upgraded from standard CL. It was everything I'd ever dreamed of and more. I cried when I walked into the room. It was in the main building. It had a direct view of the castle and lagoon right outside our balcony. I literally still dream of it. Looking at the price of that room a night when we got home, i knew we would never be able to afford it. We were swimming in pixie dust. Perfect example of how disney makes memories you never forget.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend it. You'll never forget it.

I think we had the same room! It was beautiful. It had a giant closet too! Was it octagonal shaped? Ours was. I wonder if we had the exact same room. Our wedding was 9 years ago though so some things may have been a little different.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.