The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Disney Contractor -- Perks? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3062695)

Marshay 02-10-2013 07:55 PM

Disney Contractor -- Perks?

Does anyone know if you get any CM discounts (tickets, resort, merchandise, etc) as an Independent Contractor for a Disney company?

I just saw a part-time position I could be interested in but the salary is very low. However, with a discount on things we purchase anyway, it would make the package more attractive.

Thanks!

(Mods -- Sorry if this is not the right place to post. I wasn't sure...)

diznygirl 02-10-2013 08:02 PM

When I worked for Disney I was a considered an independent contractor. I had a green ID that gave me no privileges at all. No discount, no access to Disney castmember events, nothing.

But that was where I worked. It's possible that different areas could have a different agreement with Disney that gives them perks. You'd have to ask them specifically.

Handbag Lady 02-10-2013 08:04 PM

In all of the dealings I've had with contractors at Disney, no, no one gets any perks.

Marshay 02-10-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diznygirl (Post 47467512)
When I worked for Disney I was a considered an independent contractor. I had a green ID that gave me no privileges at all. No discount, no access to Disney castmember events, nothing.

But that was where I worked. It's possible that different areas could have a different agreement with Disney that gives them perks. You'd have to ask them specifically.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handbag Lady (Post 47467531)
In all of the dealings I've had with contractors at Disney, no, no one gets any perks.

thanks guys! Obviously I will ask if they even call me back but I figured I'd get a quicker answer asking on DIS!

akcire 02-10-2013 09:30 PM

When I did work for Disney I got nada. In fact on one visit the person who was supposed to meet me for a site inspection in the parks forgot twice. After that I got an AP and billed it back. The only "perks" I got were the grumpy old men I worked with would often give me the freebies they got.

Also Disney was always slow to pay billing invoices. Wasn't a big deal for me, but if you are living in the money it could be a problem. My invoices said po net 30- they were typically paid 90-120 days. I never made a fuss since Disney was a minor client and it wasn't a major source of income.

tvguy 02-11-2013 03:29 PM

Even Disney stockholders don't get perks anymore. I guess that could get to be a huge problem for Disney since Disney is a company a lot of people buy one share of for their kids. We used to get discounts and special packages, but that ended about 20 years ago.

Marshay 02-11-2013 03:31 PM

thanks guys for the quick response!