The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How do U do breakfast when staying at a Value? &.. How do you do your WATER? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3062678)

dalayney 02-10-2013 07:32 PM

How do U do breakfast when staying at a Value? &.. How do you do your WATER?

Sorry for the overload of starting threads. We haven't been to WDW in 8 years and our 13 days out of our 9 day stay at All star sports. :) (Me, DH, DS14,DS7)

So, We'll be there from Sat Feb 23rd-Tuesday March 5th. March 1-3rd is a cheerleading competition. (which I'm assuming the sports will be packed)

1.Do you tend to use the food court for breakfast most of your trip? Do you do the grocery delivery and have breakfast in your room alot? A little of both? (because I priced everything out, and even w/breakfast at the food court, we'll be spending almost $300 over 8 days! ) Heck, maybe I'm cheap. LOL

So, during the cheer competition, are the food courts at breakfast time usually packed? I heard it's a smaller food court, no places to sit, by the time you get back to your table, ... food is cold... yada yada... Is the food court for breakfast not the best option if you want to be at your parks for rope drop? What are your experiences in general?

And how do you do water? Do you buy a case? Take bottles into the park?
Just get glasses of free water at the cs places? Use britta filter bottles?
Since the lil' fridges don't have any freezer space, not an option to freeze them. ....

Would love to know how you do breakfast and your water options. :)

spidet1964 02-10-2013 07:40 PM

I dont have kids but i do a fiber bar for breakfast. That way i can eat and get ready at the same time.

KrazeeK120 02-10-2013 07:54 PM

We stayed at Pop last month. I'm not really a breakfast eater, but DH visited the food court every morning. He could get the food to go. The first morning he ate in the food court, but after that he just brought the food back to the room and ate.

SplashMtnCrew 02-10-2013 07:54 PM

Breakfast: we take fruit cups, individually wrapped muffins, small OJ's, cereal bars, etc.

Water: we take a case & brita bottles.

Upon arrival I load some of the items in the fridge. And a couple extra bottles in freezer. The next morning after breakfast & packing some of the cold water bottles, I load fridge & freezer again. If we come back during the day, we snack and I reload. I just keep repeating the process. This works great for us. We drive down so we can easily take snacks & water. Hope this helps & have a great trip. We'll be there feb. 25 - march 2 at CBR!

amym2 02-10-2013 08:14 PM

When we stayed at WL, we packed a box of cereal, bowls, granola bars, and a small dish soap. We bought milk there and got spoons from the CS restaurant. A couple of days we got a breakfast platter to share to supplement the cereal. Even the kids' platter was large enough for us to have a few bites each. Yes, I would assume the food court will be packed at breakfast.

We typically just get water at CS places throughout the day because we hate lugging stuff around. We bring along the little powdered drink packets to add on occasion.

jude&jonah 02-10-2013 08:15 PM

I've always been a fan of throwing granola bars, fruits, etc. into a backpack and heading out to the parks- just eating as we go.

MistressMerryweather 02-10-2013 08:18 PM

We get food and cases of water from WeGoShop. We do most breakfasts in the room and maybe 1 character breakfast and 1 quick service at the hotel.

gillenkl 02-10-2013 08:49 PM

We eat breakfast in our room mostly. If we go to the foodcourt we get there when it opens before the crowd and get to the bus stop by 7:30.

momof4minnies 02-10-2013 08:59 PM

Since we fly in, I order water from Costco.com to be delivered to the hotel. Of course I do not know our room number when I order. I call the hotel the day before our arrival and let them know. The cases are delivered to our room that evening or the next day. They are left in the room without us having to be there. It is very convenient and much more economical.

macadoo 02-11-2013 05:13 AM

We always eat breakfast in the food court and still make rope drop. It was always pretty quiet at 7am :goodvibes