The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Have never done online check-in...does it cancel out room requests? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3062302)

*NikkiBell* 02-10-2013 08:57 AM

Have never done online check-in...does it cancel out room requests?

I have never used online check-in at WDW before. I just never saw the need to because the lines are not that very long even during peak seasons when I typically travel. I'm staying at SSR next week and would like to try Congress Park. If I do online check-in don't they give you an option to put a room request in? Would it defeat the purpose of doing it online if I did this?

deb010305 02-10-2013 09:17 AM

We did online check-in for our stay at SSR last October. I'm not sure of all the choices, but there was one for location, and floor, and a few others. We requested a higher floor in the Springs - and we got exactly what we requested - the Springs on the top floor !
However, in August 2011 we did online check-in and didn't get the area we requested.

BamaGirl 02-10-2013 10:22 AM

Thanks for asking this. I would like to know the answer too.

Three cats 02-10-2013 10:46 AM

We put in our room request for SSR when we booked (Congress Park, facing DTD) and then did the online check in. Wound up in a different section altogether with a parking lot view. I don't think doing the online check in made any difference though.

pktbMouse 02-10-2013 10:46 AM

anytime we have did online check in we have always gotten our request so we will be doing the same thing this year. I dont know mabey by letting them do it a bit earlier it gives them time to look for your request? just guessing...lol either way the past 5 times weve done it and always gotten what we asked for so...yeah...I would check in online...definitly the way to go. Have a great vacation:)

dansdad 02-10-2013 10:58 AM

No it definitely does not cancel any room requests. All you are doing is pre registering so your paperwork is already printed out and KTTWs printed with each guests name.

scjo68 02-10-2013 11:07 AM

I have always done online check-in since it became available. I always make my requests when I make the reservation. Usually I have gotten my request, but not always. Twice I got nice upgrades.

There was a place on the online check in page for general requests, like ground floor, etc. I haven't seen specific buildings listed or an open line for listing requests of your own.

I do not think that online check-in helps or hurts your chances of getting a request. But if you really want a certain kind of room, and will ask them to move you if you don't get your request, I would wait and check-in upon arrival.

momtwoboys 02-10-2013 12:02 PM

its at 60 days out now right??? I am trying to do it and not having any luck :confused3

scjo68 02-10-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtwoboys (Post 47462479)
its at 60 days out now right??? I am trying to do it and not having any luck :confused3

Are you using a Disney Visa? It wouldn't let me is mine. But when I used another credit card it went through fine.