The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   using different country sites for booking? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3062286)

nycdisneygal 02-10-2013 08:34 AM

using different country sites for booking?

i see people posting about that.. is this possible?? are there different deals/prices? is it ok to do that?? i seem to be sent to the french site anyways...

Jonjo 02-10-2013 09:08 AM

Yes you can do it. Some times the different sites have different offers running. For example this week there were no offers on the UK site, but the Dutch site had 2 days, 2 nights free running.

All your booking documents are sent to you via email so it dose not matter which site you use.

You can choose the country site you want by selecting the change your country link on the bottom of a DLP website.

nycdisneygal 02-10-2013 09:22 AM

ok thanks!
and what is the cancellation policy. i cant seem to figure it out...

also, dumb question sorry but i can read enough french if i used the french site, but for others, do i just use google translate? sorry for the stupid question....

Jonjo 02-10-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdisneygal (Post 47460991)
ok thanks!
and what is the cancellation policy. i cant seem to figure it out...

also, dumb question sorry but i can read enough french if i used the french site, but for others, do i just use google translate? sorry for the stupid question....

The Booking Terms and Conditions for UK bookings can be found here:
https://book.disneylandparis.com/ima...Winter2012.pdf

Each country will have their own Booking Terms and Conditions on their own websites. But the cancellation terms are normaly the same.

61 or more days prior to your arrival date - 10% of total booking cost
60 to 8 days prior to your arrival date - 35% of total booking cost
7 to 3 days prior to your arrival date - 75% of total booking cost
2 days or less prior to your arrival date - 100% of total booking cost

Yep google translate does the job well enough.

rockcow 02-10-2013 10:45 AM

Definitely check all the sites NYCdisneygirl! We can't take advantage of the the 2day/night deal as we can only stay at DLP 2 days but I just booked our trip on the french site. In just the regular cost alone it saved us $1000 over using the US site!

WDW Princess 71 02-10-2013 11:05 AM

I agree! I'm from the US and a couple months ago I booked with the UK offer for buy 2 nights get 2 free. It came out to a great price even withy the currency conversion. I called the UK phone number via Skype and just told the agent I was looking to book under that offer. Booking on the phone is best because online you have to pay the whole balance up front but by phone only a small deposit.

nycdisneygal 02-10-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 (Post 47461899)
I agree! I'm from the US and a couple months ago I booked with the UK offer for buy 2 nights get 2 free. It came out to a great price even withy the currency conversion. I called the UK phone number via Skype and just told the agent I was looking to book under that offer. Booking on the phone is best because online you have to pay the whole balance up front but by phone only a small deposit.

did she ask your billing address over the phone???

WDW Princess 71 02-10-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdisneygal (Post 47465331)
did she ask your billing address over the phone???

She did. At first when I told her I was located in the US she wasn't sure if I could book, but I politely told her that I had researched online and was told that I could if I called. She said she would check with a supervisor and a few minutes later came back on the line and said it would be fine, she had a term for it but I can't remember now what it was a called- some kind of crossover booking? Sorry I can't remember. But definitely be persistent if the CM isn't sure, just politely point it out like I did and I'm sure you'll be fine. Many people on here have done it so that is why I was so confident and it worked out fine. I called on Skype; the call took 20 minutes because she was reciting so much details but it still cost me only like $2.00 for the call.

Michael623 02-13-2013 06:49 AM

I've booked twice, both times on-line. The first time I wimped out and booked on the US site and grossly overpaid vs the UK site but it was part of my honeymoon and didn't want to have any problems. The second time I booked through the UK site and saved about $500 over the US site. I put in my US address as it is is and just left the country as UK. You never get anything mailed you your physical address, it is all done via email. If I were booking another trip I would book on the UK site in a second. They seem to have the best deals.

tennisfan 02-13-2013 12:56 PM

You are able to book with whatever country you want to. We found a deal on the French site and phoned up and told them we would like the french deal so they transferred us to the French call centre. They had no problem with it and have been on tv and said the same. It will just mean you are charged a different currency

nycdisneygal 02-24-2013 10:03 PM

thanks guys
just booked our plane tix and the apartment for paris days, so now, time to look for a deal!!!

MinnieVanMom 02-25-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdisneygal (Post 47618113)
thanks guys
just booked our plane tix and the apartment for paris days, so now, time to look for a deal!!!

Have a great time and if you need help from an expat, just let me know.

nycdisneygal 02-28-2013 08:33 PM

THANKS!! Just booked on the UK site using the 40% off deal. It went through and I got an email confirmation.. I am a little worried---in the email confirmation when it lists my mailing address it says address to which documents will be delivered---I thought all i needed was my email???????????? I did stick USA in one of the address lines though... haahah

Michael623 03-01-2013 11:14 AM

That confirmation is all you'll get and all you'll need to check in.

nycdisneygal 03-03-2013 06:58 PM

Thanks!! i was in such a panic!!