The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   W.I.S.H (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Biggest Loser Run/Walk (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061952)

keahgirl8 02-09-2013 03:09 PM

Biggest Loser Run/Walk
 
Is anyone else doing one of these races? My 5K is in March and it is my first!

indygirl99 02-09-2013 07:33 PM

I had to go and google this and now I want to do one.:hyper:

It looks like so very much fun and I think would be very supportive to those of us just getting into running.

DH is going to take the computer away from me if I add anymore races. :badpc:I just talked him into a race in Canada in august.

I want to run them all. I don't have time for work anymore, I want to run them all.

keahgirl8 02-09-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indygirl99
It looks like so very much fun and I think would be very supportive to those of us just getting into running.


That's what I thought! I am going to do some runDisney races, but I thought this would be a great one to start out on.

freepixie 02-14-2013 07:51 AM

There is one coming to my hometown in August, and I am doing the half-marathon!! I am so excited!! This is the first time in my city's history that bling will be given out to everyone!! YAY! Normally, all the races around here only give things out to the top finishers, so I get some local bling for once ;)

It's actually turning out to be quite a big deal- I have 2 cousins coming in to town from the DC area to do this race with me, and my BFF fitness instructor at the Y is doing this too!

I think it's going to be a great event, I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

The only bummer, I usually do a 10K that weekend, I have done that 10K for several years but I don't think my body will be very happy with me if I do a half-marathon on Saturday and a 10K on Sunday- I know a lot of people are doing that for the DDD, but I don't think I can do that! LOL!! Oh well, this Biggest Loser half marathon may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for my hometown, so I am doing it :thumbsup2

keahgirl8 02-14-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freepixie
There is one coming to my hometown in August, and I am doing the half-marathon!! I am so excited!! This is the first time in my city's history that bling will be given out to everyone!! YAY! Normally, all the races around here only give things out to the top finishers, so I get some local bling for once ;)

It's actually turning out to be quite a big deal- I have 2 cousins coming in to town from the DC area to do this race with me, and my BFF fitness instructor at the Y is doing this too!

I think it's going to be a great event, I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

The only bummer, I usually do a 10K that weekend, I have done that 10K for several years but I don't think my body will be very happy with me if I do a half-marathon on Saturday and a 10K on Sunday- I know a lot of people are doing that for the DDD, but I don't think I can do that! LOL!! Oh well, this Biggest Loser half marathon may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for my hometown, so I am doing it :thumbsup2

That's great! Good for you!

keahgirl8 03-14-2013 12:17 AM

My race is this weekend! I can't believe it is finally here! I am so excited!

Tropical Wilds 03-14-2013 08:00 AM

I was going to, but our race involves running down a mountain and then riding a ski lift back up it. Not impressed. :sad2:

keahgirl8 03-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds
I was going to, but our race involves running down a mountain and then riding a ski lift back up it. Not impressed. :sad2:

Oh dear. Yeah, different cities have different races. Ours is a 5K, thank goodness!

WDWFAN9 03-14-2013 12:40 PM

DH and I are doing the BL half in Jackson MS on April 6th. We are really looking forward to it.

keahgirl8 03-14-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDWFAN9
DH and I are doing the BL half in Jackson MS on April 6th. We are really looking forward to it.

Awesome! I want to do a half someday!

indygirl99 03-14-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keahgirl8 (Post 47793518)
My race is this weekend! I can't believe it is finally here! I am so excited!

Have fun this weekend. It is so addicting.

I am running a 10K this weekend complete with an Irish potato bar at the finish line.
Don't think Jillian would approve of the after race fuel. :lmao:

keahgirl8 03-14-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indygirl99

Have fun this weekend. It is so addicting.

I am running a 10K this weekend complete with an Irish potato bar at the finish line.
Don't think Jillian would approve of the after race fuel. :lmao:

I can tell it would be. I am already thinking about my first half!

indygirl99 03-14-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keahgirl8 (Post 47801326)
I can tell it would be. I am already thinking about my first half!

Tinker Bell :tink: :tink: :tink:

It was my first half and it is a great first one. Very supportive and who wouldn't love running through the parks? Come run it this next January with me.

keahgirl8 03-15-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indygirl99

Tinker Bell :tink: :tink: :tink:

It was my first half and it is a great first one. Very supportive and who wouldn't love running through the parks? Come run it this next January with me.

I am definitely thinking about it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.