The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Booking for 2015 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061860)

iluvmickey2008 02-09-2013 01:26 PM

Booking for 2015

Yes, I know it is far away....I wish it could be sooner, but I am waiting for my younger son to get alittle older. My boys will be 7 & 4 when we go.

Question....when would I be able to book a room? I think that I have the dates that I want to go (either 2nd week of May 2015 or 2nd week of June 2015). I would love to book it and then make payments each month. (I realize that pricing would go up by then and adjustments would be made).

Also,I would I make payments. With something so far in advance would I be able to pull up my reservation and pay on-line or would I need to phone a payment in?

jennab 02-09-2013 02:17 PM

I asked the same question the other day! Looking for fall 2014. Someone responded saying you can book via phone up to 499 days out but of course prices will change when they actually come out. Hope this helps!

serene56 02-09-2013 02:20 PM

you could book a room only at 499 days. and add the rest later.
start saving now for the bigger deposit to put down-

married2mm 02-09-2013 02:22 PM

I love the forward planning.:cool1:

Just wondered though,with being so far in advance what happens if circumstances change and you need to cancel-would you lose all your money? :)

serene56 02-09-2013 02:27 PM

you could book a room only at 499 days. and add the rest later.
start saving now for the bigger deposit to put down-

iluvmickey2008 02-09-2013 02:32 PM

I think that if you would need to cancel the trip for whatever reason, you can get all of the money back, accept for the $200 deposit.

married2mm 02-09-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvmickey2008 (Post 47453919)
I think that if you would need to cancel the trip for whatever reason, you can get all of the money back, accept for the $200 deposit.

Oh,that's not too bad.

I was thinking it would be nice for us to book too,but unsure if dd( due to university commitments) would be able to come.:)

mickeynut1 02-09-2013 06:11 PM

You can book a room only reservation 499 days out but you have to call to do it. You will be quoted at the current year's highest rate for that particular resort/room type, which will automatically be adjusted once the 2015 rates are released. A deposit equal to 1 night's room rate + tax would be required at booking. New rates usually come out in August, but have come out as early as June/July the last year or two. If you want to book a package or book online, you will have to wait until the 2015 rates come out. Keep in mind that if book room only now and want to change to a package later the room only would have to cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit as money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. With that said, if you want a package, it's better to wait and book that from the beginning since changing to a package would require cancelling and rebooking. HTH :).

chocovrdmicears 02-09-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

If you book a package and cancel outside the 45 day window - you get all your money back. :)

mickeynut1 02-09-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

There are different deposits and different cancellation policies for packages and room only reservations.

Packages - Required deposit is $200 with balance due 45 days prior to arrival. Full refund if cancelled outside the 45 days. Cancellation fee of $200 if cancelled 44 days or less from arrival. Also, travel insurance is non refundable if that is purchased.

Room Only - Required deposit equal to 1 night's room rate + tax, with balance due at check in. Full refund of deposit if cancelled 5 days prior to arrival. If cancelled less than 5 days from arrival, cancellation fee is the deposit of 1 night's room rate + tax.

AshleeH 02-09-2013 07:48 PM

Our first family trip with our kids was when they were 7 and 4 - it was an absolutely perfect trip, but I do wish we had gone earlier. My youngest DS doesn't remember and my oldest DS jumbles all the trips together. We have a million pictures and our memories of the kids and I wish we had experienced that even earlier.

Plus, remembering the trips is all subjective - I barely remember my trip to Disneyland Paris and I was 15 years old.

iluvmickey2008 02-09-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Our first family trip with our kids was when they were 7 and 4 - it was an absolutely perfect trip, but I do wish we had gone earlier. My youngest DS doesn't remember and my oldest DS jumbles all the trips together. We have a million pictures and our memories of the kids and I wish we had experienced that even earlier.

Plus, remembering the trips is all subjective - I barely remember my trip to Disneyland Paris and I was 15 years old.
I agree...we had taken my oldest when he was 8 months; it was a blast. Even though my son has no idea, I remember!

My oldest is developmentally delayed (non-verbal/doesn't fully understand things when you talk to him), but he has made tremendous improvement in the last few months. I just want to wait alittle until my youngest is a little taller so that they can for sure ride together. The youngest wants to do EVERYTHING the older one does (good and bad)!