The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Disney no longer offers airline/interline (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061846)

mrf777 02-09-2013 11:59 AM

Disney no longer offers airline/interline
 
I just got off the phone with Disney reservations and they said they no longer offer discounts to airline employees!!..I really think they are going to lose alot of business!:mad:

Mousemommy1 02-09-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrf777 (Post 47453069)
I just got off the phone with Disney reservations and they said they no longer offer discounts to airline employees!!..I really think they are going to lose alot of business!:mad:

I believe they ended it 1/9

DebbieB 02-09-2013 05:17 PM

Sorry but why do airline employees deserve discounts over everyone else?

scubadiver 02-09-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieB (Post 47455821)
Sorry but why do airline employees deserve discounts over everyone else?

Because they think they are in travel, they should get travel discounts. Believe me I have had this conversation with some of them. They feel it is a deserved perk.

MinnieLovesMickey12 02-09-2013 09:47 PM

If every airline employee in the entire world decided never to go to Disney again because they don't get a discount it wouldn't affect Disney at all. They make billions off everyone else.

I think if Disney offers a discount it should be for everyone or nobody.

The Swan and Dolphin may offer airline employees a discount. I know they do for cops and teachers.

If you want guaranteed discounts you need to be a Florida resident or an annual pass holder. Otherwise you have to wait for a general public discount like everybody else or get a PIN code.

buzznina 02-09-2013 10:21 PM

Doing away with that perk is okay, I also do not thing flight attendants should get special discounts. But Disney has been starting to show their greedy side lately. With cutting back on EMH, lowering the Premium AP discount from 20% to 10%, cutting the monorail hours, and the big one, eliminating the childs AP and charging adult prices for 3-10 year olds:furious: It is our favorite place to vacation at, but they are $50 and $100 us right out of the park.

mrf777 02-09-2013 11:46 PM

It's a perk..just like the people at GM and Ford get on new cars and the people that work at stores get a discount

It'sWDW4me 02-09-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrf777 (Post 47459067)
It's a perk..just like the people at GM and Ford get on new cars and the people that work at stores get a discount

Ok. So, using your examples, airline employees should get airfare discounts. :confused3 I don't understand why Disney discontinuing their perk to airline employees is such a shock and horror.

puertorican00676 02-10-2013 12:01 AM

So bad they ended it! Thank goodness I booked for this years trip! It was an awesome benefit for airline industry that funnels thousands of people to their parks every year!

maxiesmom 02-10-2013 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertorican00676 (Post 47459112)
So bad they ended it! Thank goodness I booked for this years trip! It was an awesome benefit for airline industry that funnels thousands of people to their parks every year!

And get paid for doing so.

As far as Disney being greedy, they are a business. The whole point is to make money. The last hour of night time EMH the parks were dead. So it was a perk that was costing them money, and having little benefit to the majority of guests. A no brainer to cut a perk so few were using.

The goal of any business is to make money. And most businesses are looking for ways to trim whatever fat they can find. Disney is no different.

goofy4prez 02-10-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrf777 (Post 47459067)
It's a perk..just like the people at GM and Ford get on new cars and the people that work at stores get a discount

I hate to sound unsympathetic but I fail to see the logic here. An employee of Ford gets a discount on the price of a product made by Ford; an employee of GM gets a discount on the price of a GM product. Neither of these employees gets a discount off the price of gasoline from a Sheetz or Marathon because of being in the auto industry. As for stores, the employee may get a discount from purchases at their store, but if they walk across the street they are not going to get a discount off the price of a Big Mac or Whooper.

The only thing in common an airlines has with WDW is that one provides the destination and the other provides the means to arriving at that destination. The relationship is the same as Coke does with McDonalds. Sorry, but I personally don't feel someone working for an airlines deserves any perk from WDW that is not available to the general public. Just my 2 cents. :)

padawans 02-10-2013 06:04 AM

People that work in the travel get discounts on hotels, cruises, fly free and discounts on park tickets. It's one of the perks of working in travel industry. There has always been a lot of jealousy on this board so I can see where this thread could turn ugly fast. Nobody ever said they deserved it's just something most hotel chains offer. I'm not sure why Disney got rid of it.

kaytieeldr 02-10-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padawans (Post 47459712)
People that work in the travel get discounts on hotels, cruises, fly free and discounts on park tickets. It's one of the perks of working in travel industry. There has always been a lot of jealousy on this board so I can see where this thread could turn ugly fast. Nobody ever said they deserved it's just something most hotel chains offer. I'm not sure why Disney got rid of it.

People who sell travel and meet somewhat strict qualifying criteria get discounts from hotels, cruise lines, travel destinations, etc. with the expectation they will direct clients to those destinations/businesses. The typical flight attendant, gate agent, pilot... isn't in a position to directly benefit companies like Hilton or Disney. Therefore, it was a nice perq while it lasted.

No jealousy here.

padawans 02-10-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaytieeldr (Post 47460011)
People who sell travel and meet somewhat strict qualifying criteria get discounts from hotels, cruise lines, travel destinations, etc. with the expectation they will direct clients to those destinations/businesses. The typical flight attendant, gate agent, pilot... isn't in a position to directly benefit companies like Hilton or Disney. Therefore, it was a nice perq while it lasted.

No jealousy here.

No surprise I disagree with you. At least you were semi nice this time. I'll just take the high road and leave it at that.

padawans 02-10-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrf777 (Post 47453069)
I just got off the phone with Disney reservations and they said they no longer offer discounts to airline employees!!..I really think they are going to lose alot of business!:mad:

Universal resorts offer the 40% off if your looking for a nice resorts in Orlando. Disney will be losing about 20k from me a year, but there are still lots of great places in the world to visit. I wouldn't get to down about it. I was told the are getting rid of it because the public discounts are so close to the airline discounts. I have a feeling it has more to do with closing down there interline office that deals with the reservations. They probably want to cut out a department more than they want to lose our business.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.