The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Disney 100% sold out right now? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061712)

5mouseketeersforus 02-09-2013 06:40 AM

Disney 100% sold out right now?

Just called to book 2 nights: this Sun/Mon before we head back home to all the snow. We had stayed at POR for the first part of our trip & then staying offsite now. Really wanted to get back to the magic :). But the CM said that not only was POR not available but they have zero avail at ANY resort!! Wow. Never in a million years would i have thought Disney would be at full capacity

Disneymama5816 02-09-2013 06:47 AM

This is the beginning of "President's Week". Some schools are off this week/some next week. I would go over to the resort and see if there isn't something available. Additionally, it is Valentine's week. Very busy time (and expensive) in the World.

sigepmike 02-09-2013 07:39 AM

There doesn't seem to be a lot of availability, but SSR has openings on the website.

MEK 02-09-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus (Post 47450524)
Just called to book 2 nights: this Sun/Mon before we head back home to all the snow. We had stayed at POR for the first part of our trip & then staying offsite now. Really wanted to get back to the magic :). But the CM said that not only was POR not available but they have zero avail at ANY resort!! Wow. Never in a million years would i have thought Disney would be at full capacity

They are probably offering rooms to anyone who has to fly back to the North East and can't because of the Blizzard. That plus President's week is probably putting everything at capacity, but I would call again or book through the website or secondary source.

I Love Pluto 02-09-2013 09:31 AM

It is totally wild to think that all of Disney is filled! Wow! Who would have ever thought that it was possible?

I would LOVE to have the income from all of those rooms! :goodvibes

I would also love to BE THERE right now! ::yes::

EpcotBill 02-09-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus (Post 47450524)

I would have walked to the front desk to ask about extending my stay. You'd have a better chance that way.

pl4bby 02-09-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpcotBill

I would have walked to the front desk to ask about extending my stay. You'd have a better chance that way.

Yes this I don't trust those phone cms at all

5mouseketeersforus 02-09-2013 09:43 AM

Managed to get rooms!! Yippeee!

PrincessShanShan 02-09-2013 09:45 AM

I know it's President's Week, plus everyone here is off for Mardi Gras and everyone I know is there for that. I guess the blizzard could be playing into it also :confused3 I'll be there later this week and I hope the crowds will have died down some.

tigger24601 02-09-2013 10:13 AM

There is a huge cheerleading competition going on this week at all stars as well as a big tax convention at the grand and who knows what else. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't availability with others extending because of snow and everything else.

buzznina 02-09-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpcotBill (Post 47451832)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pl4bby (Post 47451873)
Yes this I don't trust those phone cms at all

Except they are currently staying offsite, it would be a LONG walk:rotfl:

buzznina 02-09-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShanShan (Post 47451894)
I know it's President's Week, plus everyone here is off for Mardi Gras and everyone I know is there for that. I guess the blizzard could be playing into it also :confused3 I'll be there later this week and I hope the crowds will have died down some.

Just read on another thread, how many rooms were taken up by people extending their stay because of the storm.

firstwdw 02-09-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus (Post 47451879)
Managed to get rooms!! Yippeee!

Where did you end up?? Have fun! We are snowed in here!

5mouseketeersforus 02-09-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstwdw (Post 47452910)
Where did you end up?? Have fun! We are snowed in here!

Back to POR which is fabulous :banana::banana:

Mynamewastaken 02-09-2013 12:08 PM

Yayyyy lucky duck. Someday, I will get stranded in Disney!:rotfl2::cool1: