The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help me make a final decision on a resort! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061461)

Disney4life222 02-08-2013 02:00 PM

Help me make a final decision on a resort!

So here is our dilemma. We are a family of four traveling to Disney with two close friends on a week long vacation in May. We already have reservations in a Lion King family suite, however, upon reading reviews and posts on the resort I am second guessing my choice. First of all, we are six adults who will have to share the three small beds provided. Second, I have read that AoA was quite loud, not a place for the few of us wanting to escape the hustle of the parks. My question is this. Do you think we should stay in the family suite? Pay and extra 1,000 for two standard rooms in a moderate resort? or 1,500 more for a two bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs? I suppose we could just go visit the other resorts on property to get away if we needed to. What do you think?

CareHeartsDisney 02-08-2013 02:18 PM

I stayed in a Cars suite in Oct. It was just myself and my two sons. It wasn't noisy at all. The only places that were somewhat noisy were the public areas such as the food court and the pool areas. However, since you are 6 adults, I would suggest that you either try to rent a DVC property or get two rooms in another value or a moderate resort. Aside from the queen bed in the bedroom, you would have a sofabed and a table bed which is shorter than a regular bed. I don't think the suite would be comfortable for 6 adults when it comes to sleeping.

JennSaint 02-08-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney4life222 (Post 47445278)
So here is our dilemma. We are a family of four traveling to Disney with two close friends on a week long vacation in May. We already have reservations in a Lion King family suite, however, upon reading reviews and posts on the resort I am second guessing my choice. First of all, we are six adults who will have to share the three small beds provided. Second, I have read that AoA was quite loud, not a place for the few of us wanting to escape the hustle of the parks. My question is this. Do you think we should stay in the family suite? Pay and extra 1,000 for two standard rooms in a moderate resort? or 1,500 more for a two bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs? I suppose we could just go visit the other resorts on property to get away if we needed to. What do you think?

You could do two rooms at another Value resort if cost is an issue. Otherwise for an adults trip I'd try to book 2 rooms at a moderate and stay away from the values. Aren't you going to want to take pool breaks etc? AOA pools will be filled with kids. CSR is a very nice quiet resort for adults. With many quiet pools.

I agree the type of bedding in the AOA suites is not suitable for 6 adults.

Marthasor 02-08-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney4life222 (Post 47445278)

I think you should switch. I don't think you will be comfortable in the room and when I stayed at AoA, it was loud. I would suggest two rooms at a value or mod if you don't want to spend too much. I hate the idea that you have to leave your resort to "get away" - that's what the resort is for! Yes, switch!

deserrai 02-08-2013 02:44 PM

I agree...switch. I would go with a mod.

clapton 02-08-2013 09:29 PM

Absolutely switch! The beds in the value resorts are very uncomfortable and any moderate resort would be much better!

spiceycat 02-08-2013 09:37 PM

you can rent a DVC villa from a DVC member or a broker.

would go see what there prices are for your time. - also would go OKW or AKV standard - if you can. they are cheaper.

when you price thru Disney both OKW and SSR are the same price. that say thru a member OKW is a lot cheaper than SSR.

here the link - read all the stickies before you do anything
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

if renting directly from a DVC member is too scarey then go with a broker David is one - don't remember the others names. they will cost more - but can be worth it.