The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   CBR End Of April (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061436)

BamaGirl 02-08-2013 01:35 PM

CBR End Of April

I just booked a couples get-a-way for my and dh! We have always wanted to go to WDW just the 2 of us and with the great airfare from Southwest we are going!:banana:

I ended up getting a standard room at CBR. We have always stayed at either a Value resort or SoG. I wanted to stay somewhere we have not in the past because I want this to be a special trip for the 2 of us.

What all do I need to know about CBR? I noticed that there are bus stops at each of the villages. Do these take you back to the OPR or to the parks? I feel like a fish out of water at the moment! But I know that the wonderful people on the DIS can help!

kapoof 02-08-2013 02:12 PM

Just an FYI...we are thinking of going the end of April also. There is a dance/ cheer event taking place with cbr being the mod of choice. We like the looks of the resort but due to the event we are looking into csr.

shan23877 02-08-2013 02:16 PM

The buses pick up and drop off for parks at each of the CBR bus stops. There is one for each village, and one for OPR.

CBR is a huge resort. If the walks to and from OPR are of concern for you, look closely at the resort map and make a specific building request. We requested Aruba 51 or Jamaica (standard rooms). We ended up getting Aruba 51 and LOVED IT. However, the walk from Aruba 51 to the Aruba/Jamaica bus stops is long. We found it easier to use the OPR bus stops.

Hope this helps!

maxiesmom 02-08-2013 02:24 PM

There are 7 bus stops at CBR. In addition to the buses that go to/from the parks they run one that will say Internal Shuttle on the marquee. That one runs around the resort, and that is all it does.

We stayed in Jamaica 44 this past December. The good thing about that location is that the bus stop there is the first stop for every park, except for MK. So you should always be able to get seats on the bus. The bad thing is that means you get to ride the bus all the way around the resort before heading to the parks.

Allears.net has a great map of the resort. You may want to give it a peak and request a certain section. Keep in mind a lot of Trinidad North and Martinique are preferred rooms and cost more, plus all of Trinidad South are Pirate themed rooms, and also cost more.

BamaGirl 02-08-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapoof (Post 47445416)
Just an FYI...we are thinking of going the end of April also. There is a dance/ cheer event taking place with cbr being the mod of choice. We like the looks of the resort but due to the event we are looking into csr.

Thanks for the heads up! I looked online and the competition is April 27-28. We arrive on April 29. We should be fine what do you think?

BamaGirl 02-08-2013 03:17 PM

How long does it usually take to get to the MK from CBR? I am trying to not over plan this trip like I normally do. But I do want to know what time we need to leave the room.

Say I need to be at MK at 2 PM and I am in the area that loads the bus first what time do I need to leave my room?

We will be going to all of the parks so I am just using MK as an example. If there is a park that takes a lot more time to get there please let me know. :)

kapoof 02-08-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaGirl (Post 47445929)
Thanks for the heads up! I looked online and the competition is April 27-28. We arrive on April 29. We should be fine what do you think?

Gee I don't know, I hope so. Some groups tend to stay a few days to enjoy the parks, Or some arrive a few days prior. I hope all works out, I would love a review when you get back. It looks like such a nice beachy resort. :goodvibes

shan23877 02-09-2013 12:20 AM

We were at CBR as the same time as the cheerleaders last spring, and honestly didn't mind them much.

They did take over the quiet pools one afternoon, but we just went to the pirate pool instead.

It's about 15-20 mins to MK during the day. At night (after Wishes) traffic is bad in general so it felt much longer. It only takes 5-10 minutes to get to DHS and Epcot. AK was about 15 mins, but I've always felt like it takes forever to get to and from there.

If you guys would like to read more about CBR mickeystoontown stays there with her family every year (I think she's a frequent contributor to the CBR thread) and her TRs really helped me before we stayed there. I also have a CBR TR in my signature that you're welcome to check out.

Good luck ladies!

BamaGirl 02-09-2013 09:30 AM

Thanks so much for the help! I just added another day to the beginning of our trip!! I am now staying off of Southwest's website! I found a flight that leaves on Sunday night that only cost $10 more each, so I booked that.

I am so excited!!