The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Working on our ADRs before 180 out (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061304)

revdon64 02-08-2013 08:56 AM

Working on our ADRs before 180 out
 
We'll be there Aug 24 - Sept 1 staying at POFQ

8/24 - midmorning arrival, probably DTD - suggestions?
8/25 - DHS lunch Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine for my 3y/o son
8/26 - EP dinner Rose and Crown
8/27 - MK dinner CRT for my 7y/o daughter
8/28 - we're thinking waterpark morning then DHS for dinner and Fantasmic - suggestions?
8/29 - AK breakfast Tusker House for the whole family
8/30 - MK lunch BOG, also looking into Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise
8/31 - Labor day weekend - seeking suggestions
9/1 - Labor day weekend - seeking suggestions, fly home late afternoon/evening

GaBelle 02-08-2013 10:52 AM

Can't help with DTD suggestions with personal exp, but I keep hearing great things about Raglan Road.
8/28- I would rec 50s PTC. Atmosphere is fun and food is good comfort food.
8/31 or 9/1 Check out Kona or 'Ohana at the Poly. Kona is our absolute favorite.
Another fav of ours is Tony's at MK. It doesnt get a lot of love here, but I think its great.

minnie mum 02-08-2013 11:07 AM

I agree with the suggestion of Raglan Road for your DTD meal. Check their website for the start times for the entertainment. If you want something just for the kids, then consider TRex.

For your DHS/Fantasmic dinner, you could consider booking the F. dining package at Mama Melrose.

Ohana might be a fun dinner for the family on Sat. night.

And maybe finish off your trip with a big breakfast buffet? CP would be great if you'll be in the MK. Or there's Boma if you've had enough characters (and you can spend a bit of time at the animal viewing areas after you've eaten).

MrsB1228 02-08-2013 11:35 AM

I also agree with Raglan Road for the DTD meal. There's also the new Splitsville which has been getting some good reviews and looks like fun. For a wonderful CS meal, I heartily recommend Wolfgang Puck Express.

Are you wanting to do the Fantasmic package at DHS? If so, then Mama Melrose is probably your best bet. The kids may enjoy Sci-Fi. The food is just OK, but their burgers are decent, the milkshakes are delish and it's definitely a unique and fun location!

Are you planning on any parks for your last two days? That would influence any dining suggestions. :) I love the idea of a fun breakfast on your last day. Maybe consider breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at 'Ohana? I like the PP suggestions of CP or Boma too. :thumbsup2

revdon64 02-08-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsB1228
I also agree with Raglan Road for the DTD meal. There's also the new Splitsville which has been getting some good reviews and looks like fun. For a wonderful CS meal, I heartily recommend Wolfgang Puck Express.

Are you wanting to do the Fantasmic package at DHS? If so, then Mama Melrose is probably your best bet. The kids may enjoy Sci-Fi. The food is just OK, but their burgers are decent, the milkshakes are delish and it's definitely a unique and fun location!

Are you planning on any parks for your last two days? That would influence any dining suggestions. :) I love the idea of a fun breakfast on your last day. Maybe consider breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at 'Ohana? I like the PP suggestions of CP or Boma too. :thumbsup2

We haven't been a whole lot and are still trying to experience as many different places as we can. We did Mama Melrose on our last trip two years ago so, while it was very good, we're only repeating Tusker breakfast. I like the idea of Ohana breakfast. We're not sure we'll do any parks those last couple days. Thinking of taking things easy, maybe DisneyQuest or pool. Maybe only half days in parks. We're getting waterpark option but not hopper because we've had it before and never used it.

debfen 02-08-2013 01:25 PM

I'm agreeing with other posters, we love Raglan Road. Love the atmosphere and the food. We've been twice and had wonderful expericences both times!:thumbsup2
Ohana is a great place for either breakfast or dinner. Breakfast comes with characters and dinner with games/activities for the kids. Great food both times.
Park Fare is also a good choice, breakfast or dinner. Both comes with characters. Breakfast-English characters, Alice, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Tigger, etc. Dinner is Cinderella and the step family (sooooo funny) and Prince Charming. Food is good both meals.

Enjoy!:)

revdon64 02-08-2013 04:41 PM

We ate at Park Fare two years ago and didn't care for the food. Sounds like Raglan is an almost unanimous choice. We'll have to look into that for our first day on site.

revdon64 02-18-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revdon64
We'll be there Aug 24 - Sept 1 staying at POFQ

8/24 - midmorning arrival, probably DTD - suggestions?
8/25 - DHS lunch Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine for my 3y/o son
8/26 - EP dinner Rose and Crown
8/27 - MK dinner CRT for my 7y/o daughter
8/28 - we're thinking waterpark morning then DHS for dinner and Fantasmic - suggestions?
8/29 - AK breakfast Tusker House for the whole family
8/30 - MK lunch BOG, also looking into Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise
8/31 - Labor day weekend - seeking suggestions
9/1 - Labor day weekend - seeking suggestions, fly home late afternoon/evening

So here's what I think we've settled on:
8/24 - Arrival morning, lunch @ T-Rex
8/25 - DHS lunch @ Hollywood & Vine
8/26 - EPCOT dinner @ Rose & Crown
8/27 - MK dinner @ CRT
8/28 - down day, pool and maybe a night time fireworks show
8/29 - AK breakfast @ Tusker House
8/30 - MK dinner @ BoG if we can get it
8/31 - waterpark and dinner @ Cape May Cafe
9/1 - late flight home, breakfast @ O'hana

We expect to be flexible with our counter service meals. BTW, we're staying at POFQ. Any suggestions, especially about transportation.

ginny_lynn 02-19-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revdon64 (Post 47551320)
So here's what I think we've settled on:
8/24 - Arrival morning, lunch @ T-Rex
8/25 - DHS lunch @ Hollywood & Vine
8/26 - EPCOT dinner @ Rose & Crown
8/27 - MK dinner @ CRT
8/28 - down day, pool and maybe a night time fireworks show
8/29 - AK breakfast @ Tusker House
8/30 - MK dinner @ BoG if we can get it
8/31 - waterpark and dinner @ Cape May Cafe
9/1 - late flight home, breakfast @ O'hana

We expect to be flexible with our counter service meals. BTW, we're staying at POFQ. Any suggestions, especially about transportation.

I would leave arrival day open, incase of plane delays, cranky kids from travel, etc. T-Rex usually has walk up available with no issue. If you are looing for CS in DTD I suggest Wolfgang Puck Express, and Cooke's of Dublin! My DS6 loves both, they are yummy for the adults too!

revdon64 02-19-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginny_lynn

I would leave arrival day open, incase of plane delays, cranky kids from travel, etc. T-Rex usually has walk up available with no issue. If you are looing for CS in DTD I suggest Wolfgang Puck Express, and Cooke's of Dublin! My DS6 loves both, they are yummy for the adults too!

Hadn't thought about that. Thanks for the input.

wundermommy76 02-19-2013 07:17 AM

My kids loved T-Rex!! The food is good, but the atmosphere is what they loved the most. Good choice there.

Never did "Ohana for breakfast but their dinner is my favorite meal at WDW, so I always suggest that place. When we take the kids back next spring we are definitely hitting it up for dinner AND breakfast.

Since you're staying at POFQ, what about walking over to Riverside and eating at Boatwrights? We have not been there yet, but I hear good things about it. Might be nice after an afternoon of swimming or something to walk to dinner. Heard the walk is quick, but nice.

jhryb 02-19-2013 10:47 AM

I am not sure if you are on the DDP?? If you are then Portobello in DTD provides great value on the plan. This is a pricey restaurant but it only uses up one TS Credit. The Chocolate Paradise dessert is outstanding.

revdon64 02-19-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhryb (Post 47555131)
I am not sure if you are on the DDP?? If you are then Portobello in DTD provides great value on the plan. This is a pricey restaurant but it only uses up one TS Credit. The Chocolate Paradise dessert is outstanding.

You're right, I didn't say did I? Yes, we're on the DDP, regular w/1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per person per day.

I'll keep Portobello in mind. We're thinking of adding SciFi as an out of pocket for the kids to experience. I'm just looking to firm up the tough ones before my window opens up on Sunday.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.