The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Families (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What food do you bring? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061294)

DISvirgin1 02-08-2013 08:45 AM

What food do you bring?

I know this has been a topic before, but what kinds of foods do you pack when going with the family? Just want to see if I am missing anything!:)

tms295psu 02-08-2013 10:00 AM

Last trip I sent 2 huge boxes via ups!!! Only because our son has a feeding disorder and ate very limited varieties and textures of food along with special high calorie requirements, very stressful time for our family.

Otherwise we only pack a few favorite snacks for the kids. Fruit snacks, dry cereal, very few juice boxes. Everything else is either eat out or grocery shop.

Are you planning on cooking all your meals or just looking for "snacks" to pack for your room?

Misti315 02-08-2013 11:26 AM

I plan on bringing cereal bars, squeezable applesauce, raisins, graham crackers and bananas.

magicalcouple 02-08-2013 12:14 PM

We UPS some goods before the trip and some of them are in fact food items! The food items we ship are:

Cereal Bars
Cereal
Apple Juice
Juice Boxes
Vanilla Wafer Cookies
Peanut Butter Crackers

;)

dragonfly08 02-08-2013 01:06 PM

We eat breakfast in the room most of the time, and pack snacks/lunches so that we can have something light whenever we're ready.

I always bring granola bars, cereal, bagels, bread, peanut butter, apples, bananas, grapes, juice boxes, crackers/goldfish, cookies or another treat, and whatever else looks good or the kids ask to have along. We pick up jelly, cream cheese, milk and yogurt from the resort food court as needed to go along with it.

lawrenceFletcher 02-08-2013 01:36 PM

We bring an eight pac of peanut butter 'Jif to go' cups. They are perfect for snacking and good on protein

Elleshoodat 02-08-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISvirgin1 (Post 47442066)
I know this has been a topic before, but what kinds of foods do you pack when going with the family? Just want to see if I am missing anything!:)

We have a toddler who "grazes" more than he eats big meals, so we always pack lots of snacks (we drive): Goldfish, fruit snacks, applesauce pouches, pretzels, animal crackers. Plus fruit, peanut butter and bread for breakfast.

DisneyMommyMichelle 02-08-2013 02:54 PM

Bread
PB&J
Granola Bars
Small Boxes of Cereal
Goldfish
Pretzels
Fruit Snacks
Cuties
Apples
1 package of Ziploc snack sized bags
1 package of Ziploc sandwich bags

sb682 02-08-2013 04:54 PM

Fruit snacks
Goldfish
Pirate's Booty
M&Ms
Raisins
Trail mix
Single-serve packets of almond butter
Mickey-shaped ring pops (found them at Walmart in the party supplies)
Coffee (we are staying off-site and have a kitchen)

ANGDVC 02-08-2013 06:43 PM

Crackers, cookies, fruit pouches, granola bars, tuna pouches, raisins, applesauce cups, lots of fresh fruit (we drive), oatmeal, cereals, gatorade, and then small treats (mostly candy) as rewards for waiting in lines nicely.

growinupdisney 02-08-2013 07:04 PM

we eat breakfast in room so I bring:

Cereal
banana
apples and oranges
muffins
granola bars

get milk from the gift shop not food court at hotel

Snacks:
Slim Jims
nabs
peanuts
gummies
fruit (listed above)

water
capri-suns
gatorade

DISvirgin1 02-09-2013 07:10 AM

Thanks for the ideas! There were a couple of things I had not thought of! And good tip about getting milk at the gift shop!
We do plan on having breakfast in the room, since our girls tend not to eat as well "out" so I want to know they are having one good (somewhat healthy!) meal.

DisneyMommyMichelle 02-09-2013 10:07 AM

We always do breakfast in the room so we waste no time in the morning. We either eat it in the room or if we are running late we eat on the way. I bring a small bag of snacks, to tide them over in the parks while in lines or such so that they can make it to a later lunch in park and then that will tide them over with whatever leftover snacks I have until Dinner which we usually have at one of the resorts.

AKL_Megs 02-09-2013 11:18 AM

We don't bring any food to the parks, but we do have one or two breakfast meals in the room. We get Einstein bagels and cream cheese from Super Target.

We also have some snacks in the room, like a 12 pack of Coke for when we don't feel like refilling our mugs, a bag of chips, a package of cookies, and a bag of some kind of candy.

For DD, we have Goldfish, a package of blueberries or strawberries, GoGo Squeez pouches, and a gallon of water.

erikaluvsdisney 02-09-2013 03:18 PM

Just out of curiousity...for those of you that pack a lot of snacks, are you also on the dining plan???

We are on the dining plan, and although we will tend to do breakfast in the room, sometimes I feel that between the meals and the snacks included on the plan, you can almost pack too many snacks.