The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   wristband fast pass vs. traditional (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061111)

kirinmd 02-07-2013 07:54 PM

wristband fast pass vs. traditional
 
3 fast passes just doesnt seem enough. Does anyone know if the band can be combined with traditional?

dadddio 02-07-2013 08:10 PM

Nobody knows how it will work once it's finally rolled out. Stay tuned and cross your fingers

mesaboy2 02-07-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirinmd
3 fast passes just doesnt seem enough. Does anyone know if the band can be combined with traditional?

Not sure I understand the question, but according to most everything I've read FP and FP+ will be mutually exclusive.

Tropical Wilds 02-07-2013 09:16 PM

For the time being, FP will not be replaced by FP+. They augment and compliment, not replace. Though, as always, things change.

andyman8 02-07-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds (Post 47438853)
For the time being, FP will not be replaced by FP+. They augment and compliment, not replace. Though, as always, things change.

It seems the Terms & Conditions page of disneyworld.com would suggest otherwise. According to the latest info, the two will be mutually exclusive (as Mesaboy2 said), but only one thing is certain right now: MyMagic+ (which includes FastPass+, My Disney Experience, and the MagicBand) will be happening. Beyond that, we have no "official" information, so your guest is as good as mine, though. :thumbsup2

Tropical Wilds 02-07-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyman8 (Post 47438895)
It seems the Terms & Conditions page of disneyworld.com would suggest otherwise. According to the latest info, the two will be mutually exclusive (as Mesaboy2 said), but only one thing is certain right now: MyMagic+ (which includes FastPass+, My Disney Experience, and the MagicBand) will be happening. Beyond that, we have no "official" information, so your guest is as good as mine, though. :thumbsup2

I asked directly and was told that the FP+ would not replace in-park FastPass options, especially as FP+ is only initially available to resort guests. It may change in the future, but for the time being, they will work together.

When it was described to me, they said that an in-park system would still have to exist for those who are doing day trips and those who are local AP folks who come by regularly, but don't plan extensive stays. I was told that, with the FP+ system, because if favors resort guests and those who will make the 60/90 day window for FP+ scheduling, they would have to keep a FP system within the park that is much the same as exists now, only with less available in-park to balance out the FP+ demand, so that everybody would have access to the system and those who are local, AP, or spontaneous visitors will not have the same access to features that other guests do. I was told this was one of the complaints about the system that people brought up, and the retaining of the internal system was the response.

Lorilais_mommie 02-07-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirinmd
3 fast passes just doesnt seem enough. Does anyone know if the band can be combined with traditional?

Nope, in the terms and condition it stated once you opt. Into FP + you will no longer be able to use the old system

Turn the Page 02-07-2013 10:22 PM

Please forgive my ignorance but FP+ is basically a way to schedule fast passes in advance correct? So you could sit at your computer and reserve fast passes two months in advance?

If that is the case I'm not sure I like it.

pauly's girl 02-07-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turn the Page (Post 47439590)
Please forgive my ignorance but FP+ is basically a way to schedule fast passes in advance correct? So you could sit at your computer and reserve fast passes two months in advance?

If that is the case I'm not sure I like it.

I agree!! I love planning Disney but thats crazy...I still like taking my time and not being on such a strict timeline!!

Turn the Page 02-07-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauly's girl (Post 47439646)
I agree!! I love planning Disney but thats crazy...I still like taking my time and not being on such a strict timeline!!

I have a sneaking suspicion that FP+ will end up being like ADR. Sometimes, for the most popular restaurants and times, if you don't make an ADR 5 months before your trip you won't get your preferred location or time. I have no idea what I want to eat for lunch tomorrow let alone 6 months from now. I don't like being locked in that much. I like to go with the flow more.

One concern I have with FP+, and I don't know exactly how it works so this may be a moot point. But, you sign up for fast passes before you go. So say you arrange for a fast pass for TSM or something for early in the morning. My concern is that people using FP+ will scoop up all the early fast passes at the more popular rides so when I, who didn't use FP+ in advance, show up to DHS at RD and immediately proceed to TSM to get a fast pass only to find out my allotted time to return is at 4:30 in the afternoon because everyone using FP+ snatched up all the earlier times. This means that I can't get another fast pass for any other rides until after 4:30 when the one for TSM expires.

It just seems like it would be really unfair to some people. Unless of course they only allow FP+ users a certain number of fast passes for each time frame. That might be ok. :confused3

livingthedream 02-07-2013 10:44 PM

Source?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds (Post 47439204)
I asked directly and was told that the FP+ would not replace in-park FastPass options, especially as FP+ is only initially available to resort guests. It may change in the future, but for the time being, they will work together.

When it was described to me, they said that an in-park system would still have to exist for those who are doing day trips and those who are local AP folks who come by regularly, but don't plan extensive stays. I was told that, with the FP+ system, because if favors resort guests and those who will make the 60/90 day window for FP+ scheduling, they would have to keep a FP system within the park that is much the same as exists now, only with less available in-park to balance out the FP+ demand, so that everybody would have access to the system and those who are local, AP, or spontaneous visitors will not have the same access to features that other guests do. I was told this was one of the complaints about the system that people brought up, and the retaining of the internal system was the response.

Who told you this?

WILDERNESS FAN 55 02-07-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauly's girl (Post 47439646)
I agree!! I love planning Disney but thats crazy...I still like taking my time and not being on such a strict timeline!!

If it's true we're only getting 3 FP+ then that's not too much of a schedule to follow. You've got 10-12 more hours to take your time.;)

I think a lot of people (like us) go to the rope drop rush to ...say TSM grab a FP right away and then get in line. That way we're guaranteed 2 rides on busy days. BUT with FP+ I can schedule late afternoon or evening so it gives me 2 rides but a little breathing room between. Something like TT in EPCOT can usually be ridden twice after rope drop with little wait time. I can get a 3rd ride later then by scheduling. So there are advantages IMO:thumbsup2

g-dad66 02-07-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadddio (Post 47438252)
Nobody knows how it will work once it's finally rolled out. Stay tuned and cross your fingers

:thumbsup2

OP: When is your trip? No wristbands in use yet, and maybe not by the time of your trip. Only time will tell if FP+ will completely replace traditional FP.

bleeps 02-08-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds (Post 47439204)
I asked directly and was told that the FP+ would not replace in-park FastPass options, especially as FP+ is only initially available to resort guests. It may change in the future, but for the time being, they will work together.

It's entirely possible that both systems will run (or two systems of some kind), but it's also designed (as far as we can tell, from everything that Disney *has* said/published so far) that from an individual guest experience it is one or the other. So, perhaps 2 different systems run, but it seems that as an individual you will use one system or the other but not both.

seashoreCM 02-08-2013 08:53 AM

A fair way of managing kiosk fastpasses and wristband Fastpass Plus is to use the lockout period. For example if you reserved two rides using FP+ there would be an up to 4 hour (2 times 2 hour) delay after you entered the park and then you could pull regular FP. (Your total lockout could be less for specific rides or on less busy days depending on the lockouts for the rides you chose; also it could be set up so you could pull regular FP after your last FP+ matures if that comes sooner.)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.