The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ASMo, AoA, POR - mom and 5 yrs old (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061009)

zaz 02-07-2013 03:06 PM

ASMo, AoA, POR - mom and 5 yrs old

I'm confused!! I am planning WDW in April and/or early May. I'm choosing the dates tonight.

For both late April, early May, there is the Spring promotion, however, much is gone in terms of 'regular' rooms for sale. I do not need a suite; knor a prefered room, it will most likely just be me and my 5 yrs old daughter.

Prices on the Web site come up to (reg. meal plan and tickets included for all) :

With sale : ASMo : 1938 $
Without sale : ASMo : 2046 $
Without sale : AoA Little Mermaid : 2176 $
With sale : POR : 2289 $.

Prices are very similar. AoA with sale would be a definite choice, but it doesn't seem available.

What's my best bet?

Thank you!

CarpeDisney 02-07-2013 03:19 PM

Although I don't know what your daughter likes, I think the little mermaid wing of the AoA may be most appealing for your trip. However, I think you'll be happy in any of the locations. Up to you and your budget. If you save a few hundred on the room you could use the money for a nicer meal (Cinderella's castle) or a great gift/momento from the trip. Good luck!

minnie mum 02-07-2013 03:32 PM

I think that the best deal here is the least expensive one. Take that extra $350 and spend it on some extras for you and your DD.

Marthasor 02-07-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaz (Post 47436097)
I'm confused!! I am planning WDW in April and/or early May. I'm choosing the dates tonight.

For both late April, early May, there is the Spring promotion, however, much is gone in terms of 'regular' rooms for sale. I do not need a suite; knor a prefered room, it will most likely just be me and my 5 yrs old daughter.

Prices on the Web site come up to (reg. meal plan and tickets included for all) :

With sale : ASMo : 1938 $
Without sale : ASMo : 2046 $
Without sale : AoA Little Mermaid : 2176 $
With sale : POR : 2289 $.

Prices are very similar. AoA with sale would be a definite choice, but it doesn't seem available.

What's my best bet?

Thank you!

I am voting POR on this one. I travel alone with DS5 a lot and convenience is a big factor to me. POR will offer more food options, more comfortable beds and better transportation including the boat to DTD. And with the discount, you are getting a great price for a mod. I did AoA alone with DS last year and it was not fun for me. He loved it, but really got over the excitement of the theme in a day. Our next trip, we stayed at the Dolphin at mod prices. He still loved it and it was easier and more enjoyable for me. I vote POR!

JennyDrake 02-07-2013 04:13 PM

I would vote for ASMo as it is less walking and your little one will be tired.

Good points though that PPer said about POR.

zaz 02-08-2013 06:23 AM

THank you for the advice. My mom just called to ask me to give them 3 hours to think it over and they may come with us. Are the moderates really bigger? wWe would share a room.

minnie mum 02-08-2013 10:48 AM

Yes, the mods have more SQ feet. And (except for CBR) they will have queen beds, which I'm sure the grandparents will appreciate.