The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I just dont know where we should stay??? Please help me (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060919)

Disneyhenry 02-07-2013 12:26 PM

I just dont know where we should stay??? Please help me

We will have at least 5 adults and a 4 year old, the 1st 4 nights of our stay will be room only and then we will start a package for 7 nights. We need 4 beds, 2 adults will share a bed (DH and I) the other 3 adults will want their own beds, the 4 year old will sleep with one of the adults (he is their little brother).
I keep thinking 2 rooms will do, I think a family suite would just be to tight for us.
I kinda want to stay at a Value resort that way we can do 4 night on DCL after, I might be able to afford a moderate, just standard rooms. We will be renting 2 cars, I dont think us and luggage will fit in a mini van. I am so excited to booking this next week!!!!:cool1:
Ideas?

TDluvsDaisy 02-07-2013 12:32 PM

For 4 nights I would do 2 value or 2 moderate rooms. Each room will give you 2 beds (doubles for value and queens for most of the moderates) and a bathroom.

2 value rooms sometimes end up being cheaper than a family suite anyway.

Are you planning on visiting the parks?

minnie mum 02-07-2013 12:36 PM

You're right, I think 4 adults and a child would be a very tight fit inside a family suite, although it would be doable for a relatively short 4 night stay.

A pair of standard rooms at any of the value resorts sounds like it would fit your needs nicely. You can request connecting or adjoining rooms, depending on just how much togetherness you need. Just have a look at the resort specific threads to read about the amenities of each and have a look at the photos of the rooms and the resorts. Pick the one that appeals to you the most.

jw50 02-07-2013 01:20 PM

You may also want to consider the FT Wilderness cabins, they sleep 6 and probably cost less than two mod rooms. The full kitchen can let you save some on food if you are looking to hold down cost.

TheoDawg 02-07-2013 01:28 PM

Our family did a trip with 5 adults and 3 kids in both 3 nights in a value resort and 4 nights in a Mod resort. Besides a few extra square feet & slightly larger beds the Mod resorts are not worth the extra costs.

Disneyhenry 02-07-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDluvsDaisy (Post 47434474)
For 4 nights I would do 2 value or 2 moderate rooms. Each room will give you 2 beds (doubles for value and queens for most of the moderates) and a bathroom.

2 value rooms sometimes end up being cheaper than a family suite anyway.

Are you planning on visiting the parks?

Not on the 1st 4 nights, but the 7 nights we will be

TDluvsDaisy 02-08-2013 10:33 AM

If hanging around the resort with a car and no parks I would choose a resort based on how it looks to you and amenities. Location isn't as important then.

For a moderate I would choose Port Orleans or Coronado(this being my personal favorite for moderates) for the recreation. For values perhaps any of the AllStars for the different themes to see as you walk around the resorts.

Missytara 02-08-2013 10:49 AM

We were five adults, a child and an infant a few years ago; we did two connecting rooms at POR - we did get standard view in Acadian House, and requested the connecting rooms and did receive them.

We had plenty of storage and rotation for the bathrooms and sinks. It was fantastic.