The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ADR's.......thoughts? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060690)

Oneplustwins 02-06-2013 10:35 PM

ADR's.......thoughts?

There are the ADR's we have made...would love your opinions.
We are a wish family (Make a Wish). I did not schedule a character meal because he will get to meet Pooh one on one for a meeting and I think character meals might be hard for him - waiting for the characters to see him. Still on the fence about that though......

Chefr France at Epcot (for my daugther's birthday while we are there) Her choice, she will be 12. For dinner

Boma for dinner

T- Rex lunch

Tony Town Square Restaurant lunch

Thanks for your insight.

AstroDad 02-06-2013 10:41 PM

Regarding the character meal, if you do decide to go for one The Garden Grill at Epcot might be good because the characters come early and often. We have eaten there twice and saw each character at least 3 or 4 times both times. Also, the floor of the restaurant is slowly turning, so that might provide some distraction while he is waiting for the characters.

I hope you guys have a great time!

Ro Z 02-06-2013 11:12 PM

Haven't been to Tony's in a long time. So I can't comment. But I think your other choices look good! Trex is awesome. Love Chefs and Boma is great. Hope you have a magical trip! :love:

JZCubed 02-07-2013 05:23 AM

I will assume you're staying at Animal Kingdom????

Traveling to/from Boma can be difficult for anyone if you're traveling from another Resort using Disney buses.

Disney has made travel difficult to/from resort to resort.

And while I've not been to Tony's, my impression from reading DisBoards is it appears to be poorly reviewed. But my child is a fan of Lady & Tramp and will likely want to go anyway. The Plaza seemingly gets better reviews and is about the same price point.

Hopefully 02-07-2013 06:30 AM

Are you going to a park on the day you have TRex for lunch? I personally would not leave a park and travel to DTD to eat lunch at T Rex. The menu is nothing special and it will be a lot of travel time. If you are at DTD anyway, than if it appeals to you it will be fine.

jmcghee2024 02-07-2013 06:45 AM

I second the Garden Grille suggestion! Good food, interesting restaurant with the view, and the best character interaction of any character meal.

GeorgiaHoo 02-07-2013 06:47 AM

T-rex can be awfully loud and I also wouldn't leave a park to eat there. If you are at Downtown Disney that's probably a pretty good choice for kids. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

tortoni 02-07-2013 06:57 AM

You have some good choices. We like Chefs, but find it much better at lunchtime. Tony's is great for lunch. My family did not enjoy boma for dinner, but we generally do not like buffets. Others love it. Enjoy your trip.

AlohaAnnie 02-07-2013 07:14 AM

Great Choices!

Happy Birthday to your Daughter!

:goodvibes

Herfnerd 02-07-2013 07:50 AM

Looks great - Boma is one of our faves!