The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   how long will breakfast take at CM? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060401)

KelseyLaPerle 02-06-2013 01:33 PM

how long will breakfast take at CM?

We have a 8:35 breakfast ADR on my DD's birthday. Headed to get her hair done at Harmony Barber Shop after, for which I want to schedule an appointment. How long should I plan for us to be at CM and what's the earliest you would dare book at HBS?

Thanks!

minnie mum 02-06-2013 06:49 PM

I would think you would need at least 45-60 min once you are seated. Factor in waiting for your seat, then paying the bill and getting down Main Street, Add an extra hour.

ShariVT 02-07-2013 03:38 AM

I would say about 10:30 you could make it to a hair appointment.

MinnieLee 02-07-2013 04:44 AM

The rotation of the characters is one hour. Even with ADRs you are not always seated at exactly your time so give an extra few minutes. Then add your travel time over to MK, going through security, etc. You should be fine for 10:30 but you may want to give yourself a little extra "cushion".

davedmaine 02-07-2013 08:05 AM

It's a buffet so it could take you 5 minutes or 3 hours.. It's up to you.

AlohaAnnie 02-07-2013 08:18 AM

I agree any where from an hour to an hour and a half.

:goodvibes

bleeps 02-07-2013 11:14 AM

If seeing all of the characters is important to you, allow 90 minutes for the meal. Also, we've found over the years that while the temptation on a WDW vacation is to try to do *everything,* the more tightly you pack your schedule and the more you are rushing from place to place and worrying about the time, the less you actually enjoy the experiences. Far better to feel a little leisurely than to be on the edge of your seats anxiously awaiting Mickey and hoping that you won't have any transportation issues along the way....

crabbygal902 02-07-2013 11:29 AM

On our most recent visit in November, breakfast took us about 2.5 hours. We arrived for our ADR about 15 minutes early, and had to wait a little under an hour before we were seated. The actual meal took about 1.5 hours. Our table seemed to be just at the point where the characters left to take a break.

None of this was a problem for us, but I am glad that there was nothing scheduled afterwards. It was our departure day, and I remember remarking to my husband that it was a good thing we were driving and not trying to catch a flight!

I would hate to spend a large amount of money on that breakfast and then feel rushed to get to an appointment. I think I'd schedule the hair appointment for later in the day.

crabbygal902 02-07-2013 11:34 AM

On our most recent visit in November, breakfast took us about 2.5 hours. We arrived for our ADR about 15 minutes early, and had to wait a little under an hour before we were seated. The actual meal took about 1.5 hours. Our table seemed to be just at the point where the characters left to take a break.

None of this was a problem for us, but I am glad that there was nothing scheduled afterwards. It was our departure day, and I remember remarking to my husband that it was a good thing we were driving and not trying to catch a flight!

I would hate to spend a large amount of money on that breakfast and then feel rushed to get to an appointment. I think I'd schedule the hair appointment for later in the day.