The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Splitting at Narcoossee's (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060282)

6disneykids 02-06-2013 10:12 AM

Splitting at Narcoossee's

We have an ADR or our upcoming trip in March which we will be using TIW. I don't see an issue with splitting an appetizer and dessert with the table, but is it possible to split an entrée such as the lobster? Since there will be 7 of us (DH, me, DS13, DD9, DS7, DS4 & DD2), and I know my older son will want the lobster and DH will probably order either the lobster or surf & turf. So I think there will be enough food without ordering another adult entrée. Just not sure if sharing will be frowned upon with regards to entrees.

BEASLYBOO 02-06-2013 10:20 AM

We love appetizers and always select 2 or 3 for the table to share and experience. In so doing by the time you get to your entree, your hunger as abated so with that in mind someone at our table always shares an entree. Narcossee's has no issue with it, most restaurants in fact don't either. I've had some waiters (Le Cellier) give a bit of an attitude but in the end, as a patron, what I eat is still my choice, especially if paying OOP!

Most of the restaurants will bring you another plate!

It doesn't matter if people do it to save money or in our case, I just don't want to waste food or have to carry a doggy bag!

6disneykids 02-06-2013 10:25 AM

You put my mind at ease. I had planned on getting 3 kids meals for the 4 kids (DS4 & DD2) will split. I just didn't want to commit a faux pas with regard to splitting at a signature restaurant. Normally we wouldn't have the kids with us for "better" dining :)

Harters2WDW 02-07-2013 04:31 PM

Glad to see you are taking younger ones there. I was thinking of getting a res for early July and wasn't sure if it would be OK for DD7 and DD3. But if you are going with four kids, I feel better! :)

JZCubed 02-07-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harters2WDW (Post 47436335)
Glad to see you are taking younger ones there. I was thinking of getting a res for early July and wasn't sure if it would be OK for DD7 and DD3. But if you are going with four kids, I feel better! :)

It's a long night for the little ones if your trying to catch the fireworks, but better to be at Narcoossee's than on Main Street when the entertainment is complete.

6disneykids 02-08-2013 09:54 AM

Our family has an ADR for 5:50 PM we are hoping that by the time we are finished with dinner the little ones will be full and feeling a little sleepy. I have no illusions of seeing MK fireworks. I would much rather have well rested kids and not see everything than to see it all and have grumpy kids who are miserable.

In a perfect world, we will get a table so my boys can watch the monorails in the distance, but if it doesn't happen, phones and I-pods with videos and games will keep little hands and minds occupied in an effort to not ruin the experience for others. (sound turned down of course :) )

Dinner here is DH's request, I am glad we will be able to split adult meals