The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Eat with Rapunzel? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060193)

mobile73 02-06-2013 04:56 AM

Eat with Rapunzel?

Hi

We are coming from the UK to Disney World in the summer and my daughter is obsessed with Rapunzel. Can anyone tell me which restaurants she is at? I hav seen some comments say she is at the Norwegian restaurant in Epcot (sorry, don't know the name) but others say she is not.

Also, where is the best dine with princesses experience?

Thanks for the help.

mint 02-06-2013 05:06 AM

There aren't any character meals featuring Rapunzel :(

I've done Akershus (Norway) with my DD and she had a great time. There was a good amount of interaction time, the (breakfast) food was good, and I love her photo with Belle.

We're planning to do Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner on our trip in March, but reading reviews it can be hit or miss, and it's more about the novelty of being in the castle than anything.

kmb584 02-06-2013 07:17 AM

Rapunzel isn't present at either princess meal. Hopefully one day soon she will be as DD is also obsessed with her!

We've done both Akershus and CRT, with Akershus winning by a long shot. We actually do both breakfast and lunch on every single trip as the food is fantastic and the princess interaction is great. CRT was nice, dining in Castle was a huge perk, and the princess interaction was also great here too, but I can't justify spending what I did for the food. It wasn't bad, but definitely not genius either.

I will say that the best princess interaction ever occurred at CRT; Snow White, seeing the seat next to DD was empty, sat herself down and held a good 3 minute conversation with our table. It was fantastic.

rapunzel3 02-06-2013 11:19 AM

As far as I know she's not at any meals. However, my DD will be wearing her Rapunzel dress at the Cinderella breakfast.

TheRustyScupper 02-06-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapunzel3 (Post 47422916)
As far as I know she's not at any meals . . .

1) Nope.
2) Her hair keeps getting inot the food.

:dance3:

TDC Nala 02-06-2013 01:37 PM

Sorry, no meals with Rapunzel. Right now the only scheduled meets with Rapunzel are in MK.

SpectroMagic*o* 02-06-2013 01:40 PM

No meals with Rapunzel but you can meet her in the Magic Kingdom! Does she like any other princesses? Maybe you can start with a princess breakfast at the Castle, have her get a Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique 'do with a Rapunzel dress after, then head down to wait in line to see Rapunzel, I think she's near the castle! Check the times guide, she is not there a lot and the line gets quiet long!

ses1230 02-06-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectroMagic*o*
No meals with Rapunzel but you can meet her in the Magic Kingdom! Does she like any other princesses? Maybe you can start with a princess breakfast at the Castle, have her get a Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique 'do with a Rapunzel dress after, then head down to wait in line to see Rapunzel, I think she's near the castle! Check the times guide, she is not there a lot and the line gets quiet long!

You are thinking of Fairytale Garden near the castle - that is Merida's meet and greet area. Rapunzel is in Town Square Theater now. :)

SpectroMagic*o* 02-06-2013 03:11 PM

Oh thank you for the update! That is fantastic to know that Merida is doing meet and greets now! My DD is a new Merida fan, she will be so excited!! :goodvibes

SpectroMagic*o* 02-06-2013 03:12 PM

PS- Is she is the same place the princesses were temporarily before their new hall opened?

ses1230 02-07-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectroMagic*o*
PS- Is she is the same place the princesses were temporarily before their new hall opened?

Town Square Theater is right as you walk in to MK, all the way to the right, next to Tony's. The new princess hall (the site of SWSA) is still under construction. :)