The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Beast at Be Our Guest Restaurant (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060178)

PinkiexLi 02-06-2013 01:51 AM

Beast at Be Our Guest Restaurant

Does anyone know if the Beast comes out to meet and greet at both lunch and dinner?

Disneymadhouse 02-06-2013 05:24 AM

Beast is only present at dinner, and he does not come out to meet guest. He does a walk through the restaurant a couple of times, and then after you have finished your dinner you can meet him in the study by showing your receipt from dinner. There is a photopass photographer there and you can also use your own cameras, but Beast does not sign autographs.

HTH :goodvibes

Claire :)

serene56 02-06-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse (Post 47420748)
Beast is only present at dinner, and he does not come out to meet guest. He does a walk through the restaurant a couple of times, and then after you have finished your dinner you can meet him in the study by showing your receipt from dinner. There is a photopass photographer there and you can also use your own cameras, but Beast does not sign autographs.

ooooo WOW--- I did not know this.

MichelleWDWfan 02-06-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

I didn't know about this either. tyvm for the information!

kimber11 02-06-2013 11:00 AM

We were there Friday February 1st 2013 and he was there doing a character meet in his study. I would highly recommend the Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner. It was definitely my favourite table service meal during our trip (we did 7 in total). We were going to try doing the Quick Service lunch there one day too but the lineup was way to long for us to wait. Also, for dessert I got the chocolate cupcake as I am a chocoholic but after trying a bite of my sons Strawberry one I wished I had of got it instead. Absolutely delicious. All of our meals were wonderful too. :)

serene56 02-06-2013 11:28 AM

was it a strawberry/lemonade one? that is one my honey will be looking for when we get there

jwfla422 02-06-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimber11 (Post 47422760)
We were there Friday February 1st 2013 and he was there doing a character meet in his study. I would highly recommend the Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner. It was definitely my favourite table service meal during our trip (we did 7 in total). We were going to try doing the Quick Service lunch there one day too but the lineup was way to long for us to wait. Also, for dessert I got the chocolate cupcake as I am a chocoholic but after trying a bite of my sons Strawberry one I wished I had of got it instead. Absolutely delicious. All of our meals were wonderful too. :)

Glad you were able to get in there for dinner. How long was the line at lunch though? We were there on Friday and lined up at 11:00 and sat by 11:25 which is not bad at all considering we've waited at other restaurants for that amount of time even with an ADR. Even when we came out around 12:15 the line was still the same length, now I don't know about later...the line at that time was just curved around and ended way before the bridge.

TDC Nala 02-06-2013 01:39 PM

There's no meet and greet as it's usually defined. You can get a photo with the Beast. He doesn't sign autographs or visit tables.

SpectroMagic*o* 02-06-2013 01:43 PM

I didnt know this!! My friend chose against Beasts Castle for dinner because she thought there was no appearance by Beast and she loves Beast! I will pass this info along!

kimber11 02-06-2013 02:29 PM

It was just the strawberry cupcake, not the strawberry/lemonade one.

We were going to line up on the Wednesday for lunch but it was lined up past the bridge and around the corner so didn't bother waiting. Maybe the line does move fast. We didn't wait around long enough to see since we had dinner reservations on the Friday anyhow. :)

mrsboz 02-08-2013 12:43 PM

What do you mean line up for lunch? You have to line up and can't make reservations?

aaarcher86 02-08-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsboz (Post 47443895)
What do you mean line up for lunch? You have to line up and can't make reservations?

Correct. Lunch is a QS meal and you can not make reservations. Dinner is a TS meal and you can make reservations for that.

DisneyFamily123 02-08-2013 09:15 PM

The Beast and Belle used to be a regular meet and greet near France in Epcot. Does that still happen? Is the Beast ever doing meet and greets in Magic Kingdom outside of Be Our Guest?

princessallegra 02-08-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123
The Beast and Belle used to be a regular meet and greet near France in Epcot. Does that still happen? Is the Beast ever doing meet and greets in Magic Kingdom outside of Be Our Guest?

Belle in her blue dress meets in france. We've only met Beast at MVMCP and now I want to say he doesn't appear there anymore.

sintoc 04-05-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Do you know if the photopass is a photo pkg you have to purchase, or just like any other photopass photo?