The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   bog or liberty tree tavern?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060167)

ilanakan 02-05-2013 11:09 PM

bog or liberty tree tavern??

We have to decide foe a table service between dinner at bog or lunch at liberty terr tavern. Which should we choose?

Disneymadhouse 02-06-2013 04:28 AM

Hmm, well thats tricky! We loved the setting for dinner at BOG, but didn't find the food or service "wow". We loved the food at LTT and had very good service. So we'll be doing both again for our next trip, but if I were forced to choose then it would be BOG, purely for the setting and for DD who is princess mad and loved eating in the Beasts castle.

Claire :)

disbound09 02-06-2013 05:06 AM

BOG its new and should be experienced but be prepared to wait a bit in line.

AlohaAnnie 02-06-2013 05:48 AM

Very Hard to decide between the two.

I agree BOG is new and if the menu appeals to you, you should try it at least once. I want to eat in Beasts Castle & meet Beast. This is why we are going at dinner. DH is skeptical about the food. He doesn't like Chefs De France in Epcot & he thinks it will be similar to this.

On the other hand, we love LLT, it is like eating at home. It has always been a nice break from eating all the food we normally do not eat at home while on vacation.

Tough Choice!

720L 02-06-2013 05:52 AM

BOG hands down. The food was delicious, atmosphere unbeatable.

goofyintoronto 02-06-2013 07:10 AM

I would pick BOG dinner without a doubt. :thumbsup2

ilanakan 02-06-2013 07:30 AM

What about the ooey gooey cake at ltt? Can we get it anywhere else? If there is something that makes the decision so hard it's that.:-)

AlohaAnnie 02-06-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilanakan (Post 47421487)
What about the ooey gooey cake at ltt? Can we get it anywhere else? If there is something that makes the decision so hard it's that.:-)

You sound so torn, is it possible to eat at both?

You could share meals at LLT to keep the expense down and have your Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

:goodvibes

ilanakan 02-06-2013 07:37 AM

How can you share meals? I thought disney doesn't allow it...

AlohaAnnie 02-06-2013 07:44 AM

Liberty Tree at Lunch is a la carte. You can share a meal, we plan to do this we are not getting the DDP.

I am not sure on DDP about sharing meals, I know if the menu is a la carte some restaurants will let you share meals. Some do not.

So if you pay for LLT at lunch outside of the DDP, you should be able to share.

I know you are not allowed to share at Family style all you can eat meals, Disney Buffets, or Character Buffets.

So you wouldn't be able to share LLT at Dinner because it is Family Style all you can eat.

:goodvibes

Bravesfan 02-06-2013 07:54 AM

BOG Really enjoyed!

Eastern 02-06-2013 10:55 AM

I would go to BOG for the experience but we loved LTT for the pot roast. (btw I thought it was a perfect portion size: I wouldn't share). I also loved their fountain coke for some reason. My kids liked the gooey cake but I thought it was too sugary.

purple figment 02-06-2013 03:25 PM

I agree, do both. :)

LTT is a la carte, order from a menu at lunchtime. Prices are among the less expensive sit down retaurants in DW. The Colony Salad and Pot Roast are among our favorites and, of course, the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake which is big enough (and sweet enough) to share.

However, LTT is a family style meal at dinner, which cannot be shared.

At LTT you can share at lunchtime whether on the DDP or paying OOP. The only restaurant on the DDP that has been very strict about sharing is Via Napoli - cannot use one credit to share a pizza between 2 people.

iloveeeyore 02-06-2013 03:44 PM

At LTT the Ooey-gooey toffee cake is not available at dinner. The dinner is a family-style very specific (limited) menu and the dessert is Johnny Appleseed Cake (which my family actually prefers to the ooey-gooey).

We shared lunch at LTT and liked it a lot. Yes, we were allowed to share at lunch...either on the DDP or not. For dinner, I'd go with BOG.

BEASLYBOO 02-06-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilanakan (Post 47421538)
How can you share meals? I thought disney doesn't allow it...

If you pay OOP you can, we do it all of the time! We prefer to have a few appetizers for the table and always end up sharing an entree!

As far as BOG / LLT debate, I only eat lunch at LTT, I don't care for the food during dinner but I do really enjoy their pot roast and bacon cheeseburger for lunch. We had BOG in Nov, a lovely dinner. I would enjoy either, so I guess for me it would depend on the activities planned for the day and a consideration of what other restaurants I had ADR's for.

We only really have one big meal a day and that depends on if we're doing rides that day. Can't eat a big lunch if I'm riding, so I would plan a late dinner ADR!