The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Just bought (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059951)

kenspidey 02-05-2013 04:27 PM

Just bought

Hi - I just bought and am waiting on ROFR. I bought 100 points at OKW and paid 69 a point. It has the extended contract and 140 points to use by 10-1. Should I pass ROFR?

Also how hard is it to get a 2 BR reservation the first week of Sept on only 5 months notice.???

mousefan1972 02-05-2013 05:19 PM

:welcome: to the Dis and :welcome: home! :goodvibes

I don't follow ROFR trends, however many here do and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give their opinion.

As to your second question, I don't think you will have a problem booking a 2 BR in September at 5 months out. September is a relatively quiet time both in the parks and for DVC reservations. You may be limited to the larger resorts (AKV, SSR or OKW), but a 2 BR somewhere is likely to be available.

disneybass 02-05-2013 05:21 PM

Should not be a problem with ROFR and probably no problem with the reservation. WELCOME HOME!

a742246 02-05-2013 05:45 PM

I do not believe you will have a problem passing ROFR. It seems that 58 dollars a point is the magic number. The extended contract shouldn't cause problems.
Here is some pixie dust for you. :wizard:

disbound09 02-05-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenspidey (Post 47416027)
Hi - I just bought and am waiting on ROFR. I bought 100 points at OKW and paid 69 a point. It has the extended contract and 140 points to use by 10-1. Should I pass ROFR?

Also how hard is it to get a 2 BR reservation the first week of Sept on only 5 months notice.???

You should be fine on both Welcome Home!

ercrbc 02-06-2013 07:34 AM

Congrats and Welcome Home!!! OKW is wonderful, it's our favorite although we have enjoyed all DVC resorts we have stayed at :goodvibes

We had great luck getting a last minute 2BR at OKW for the first week of Sept two years ago. We made the reservation less than 3 months out and we managed 6nts near the HH! We also had great luck the last week of Sept a few yrs ago, we were first time renters and managed to get a reservation for a 1BR value at the AKV less than 4 months out. September has HOT weather but little to no crowds! Good luck!

kenspidey 02-06-2013 08:10 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes.... One other question... Once I get a membership number can I set up my online account or do I have to call to book until I get my packet??

disbound09 02-06-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenspidey (Post 47421361)
Thanks for all the well wishes.... One other question... Once I get a membership number can I set up my online account or do I have to call to book until I get my packet??

Can you get the number somewhere before you get the packet?

undchefreak 02-06-2013 12:12 PM

Your experience may be different than mine, but this is how it worked for me. I closed on 1/3/13 and on 1/19 my "guide" called and introduced himself. After his schpeel, he asked if there was anything he could do for me. I asked if he had my member number handy and he did. I then called the member number and was transfered to Member services (I called accounting first, but they said since I had my number, I didn't need them).

I got a woman who was able to book a reservation for me for 1/26 (a week later) and asked her if she had my first time sign in information, which she did. I was able to sign in that night and move some things around and bank my points that would have been locked in after 1/31.

I was able to get my member card printed for me at the DVC center in WDW for the member discounts which I took advantage of while I was there. When I got home from my trip, my member packet was waiting for me (delivered around 1/28), but I was able to get ahead of it and use about 55 points for my stay. It was pretty awesome and almost exactly what I was hoping would happen.:dance3:

kenspidey 02-06-2013 12:39 PM

Wow, thanks for the news. I am glad it worked so well for you. : o ) ... Now hopefully it does for me.