The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Choosing between AoA,CSR and the cabins (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059782)

DisneyBliss7 02-05-2013 10:21 AM

Choosing between AoA,CSR and the cabins

We might switch our resorts, we are booked at AoA but have been debating about CSR and the Cabins at FW. Which would you prefer between the three? My kids will be 12,9,6,6,and 2. If we choose the cabins what pool do we use? I really don't want to stay at the cabins (we live in NY and I'm not a camping person) but price wise it is the most reasonable including the full kitchen. I'd love to stay at CSR but it will only be affordable if free dining comes available.

twinboysmom 02-05-2013 10:38 AM

Fort wilderness has its own themed pool with a slide. I know quite a few people who have stayed there and loved the cabins. To me, the only downside is the transportation in FW, but it does offer a boat to the MK.

JennSaint 02-05-2013 11:26 AM

I would choose AOA or 2 rooms at CSR. The cabins only have one bathroom and I think having 2 with that many people is better. The cheapest route would be to book two standard rooms at a value.

2girlsmomma 02-05-2013 12:34 PM

We loved the cabins! It was quiet, We didn't have to worry about people waking up the little ones. And the cabins were really nothing like camping! They were like little houses in a nice wooded area. It was really convenient for us to drive or get things out of the car. I would say to look at the map and request something toward the the ends of the loop, it can be a good walk if you end up in the middle

ElizabethB 02-06-2013 06:46 AM

We have stayed at the cabins and at CSR. We have not stayed at AofA.

We did not care for the cabins at all. We thought they were very inconvenient. We rented a golf cart (which cost more per day than our rental car!) and we still thought it was inconvenient to get from the cabin to the place where you get the boat to MK, etc. The pools are very boring. We did find the cabin itself pretty comfortable and the full kitchen was nice. But, if you want to eat out there are only two options -- take out pizza (they would not let us eat it in Crockett's Tavern) and the buffet. Our boys were 5 at the time and paying for a buffet for them for any meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) made no sense. We decided that staying off-site would be more convenient than staying at the cabins. (ETA: I note that a PP indicates there is a themed pool at the cabins. Our stay was several years ago so if there is a themed pool, that is an improvement in that regard.)

As for CSR, we really enjoyed our stay there. The pool is themed and fun, the rooms are fine and we were able to park our car near our room. We took the car everywhere and found CSR to be centrally located to everything -- easy to get to Epcot, MK, DHS and AK. We weren't crazy about the eating choices, but at least one could go to the Pepper Market and get a variety of things without having to pay for a buffet for a child who eats almost nothing.

You might consider the All Star Music or AofA Family Suites instead of the cabins. They seem more convenient to me since you can park near your room and don't need to take internal buses around the resort or rent a golf cart. They will sleep 6 plus a toddler under 3 in two rooms (queen bed in one room, pull out sleeper sofa and chairs in the other room, and a pak n play), two TVs plus a small kitchenette area. I would do this rather than a cabin.

DisneyBliss7 02-06-2013 07:22 AM

Are the cabins far from everything? We are most likely flying and not renting a car. There are 7 of us 2 adults and 5 young kids, we wouldn't fit in the golf cart and I certainly don't want to walk really far especially at the end of the day after a hours at the parks..:/ I'm leaning towards CSR if FD comes available it equals out to almost the same price compared to upgrading FD to the regular DP at AoA.

sammielynn 02-06-2013 09:00 AM

I think that one of the suites at AOA would be better for your family. I liked having two bathrooms! The rooms are large and have a small kitchen unit (fridge and microwave). The grounds are great, the big blue pool is amazing and there are at least two wornderful playgrounds. AOA is wonderful.

iheartdisney 02-06-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyBliss7 (Post 47421432)
Are the cabins far from everything? We are most likely flying and not renting a car. There are 7 of us 2 adults and 5 young kids, we wouldn't fit in the golf cart and I certainly don't want to walk really far especially at the end of the day after a hours at the parks..:/ I'm leaning towards CSR if FD comes available it equals out to almost the same price compared to upgrading FD to the regular DP at AoA.

We stayed at the cabins 2 summers ago, didn't rent a golf cart, and found the internal buses to be more than adequate. Going one direction to the front desk area, the opposite direction to the boat launch to MK. Not as complicated as the "you can't LIVE without a golfcart" crowd makes it out to be. We never waited more than ten minutes. And if they saw us coming, they always waited.
We loved the stay at the cabins! We had 3 adults and 3 kids in one, and 2 adults and 5 children in the other.
That is the only resort on your list that I have experience with. If you'd like pictures, I could dig them up.

ElizabethB 02-06-2013 11:53 AM

At the cabins, they have golf carts that seat 6 as well as the ones that seat 4. We were glad we had the golf cart. We didn't like waiting for the internal buses. We would not stay at at the cabins again. Think about how many kids will be in strollers. It will be more getting on and off buses with strollers at the cabins than if you stay at AofA. You have to get kids and strollers on the internal buses to go to the bus stop to go to the park (except MK which is by boat). I would rather do one bus trip from AofA to a park.