The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Flight Restrictions (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059686)

NFLDERS 02-05-2013 08:37 AM

Flight Restrictions

Children's Tylenol. Is it possible to bring in Suitcase or Carry on with fluid restrictions?

wallawallakids 02-05-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLDERS (Post 47411523)
Children's Tylenol. Is it possible to bring in Suitcase or Carry on with fluid restrictions?

Yes. In a ziplock bag and under the fl restriction amount. (3 oz) I have always brought it on our flights without issue.

disneyfaninaz 02-05-2013 08:56 AM

OTC medication is excempt from the TSA rules if in the orignal container and taken out of your carry on bag. Put it in a ziplock bag and put it in a bin and you shouldn't have any problems.

From TSA
Quote:

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding 3.4 ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Officers may need to open these items to conduct additional screening.

IBelieveInTheMagic 02-05-2013 09:05 AM

Not sure if your child/ren are old enough but they also make them in a chewable form.

Another poster mentioned it was exempt so that takes care of that - but just wanted to mention the chewable form as well ;)

Heather

NFLDERS 02-05-2013 09:32 AM

Children's Tylenol

Thanks for fast replies. The Tylenol is for our 6yr old Grandson. We leave Feb. 21st on the Wonder. He has occasional ear discomfort. I was worried about a need for Tylenol sooner then later following flight. Gram

caitlinS9 02-05-2013 10:18 AM

Pack dum-dums for the flight. We bring LOTS (and share with kids around us). They are great for pressure changes or to keep little ones happy!

Also, just an FYI/PSA, ice packs are allowed in carry ons if keeping medicine cold (like children's anti-biotics). I just put the icepack & all medicine in a ziplock & then in a mini cooler & pull it out to go through security. (This is for flying, i know DCL is very strict lately on coolers.)

lanejudy 02-05-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLDERS (Post 47411982)
Thanks for fast replies. The Tylenol is for our 6yr old Grandson. We leave Feb. 21st on the Wonder. He has occasional ear discomfort. I was worried about a need for Tylenol sooner then later following flight. Gram

He might prefer the Tylenol Children's Meltaways - that always went down better for my DD than trying to get her to swallow a big cup of the thick liquid.

Enjoy your cruise!

DahliaRW 02-05-2013 04:54 PM

I agree to buy the meltaways for a 6yo. One less thing to deal with at security and a lot easier and less messy to give

Justacruiser 03-07-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DahliaRW (Post 47416311)
I agree to buy the meltaways for a 6yo. One less thing to deal with at security and a lot easier and less messy to give

it is less messy!

mmmears 03-07-2013 05:36 PM

Meltaways are so much better -- and also much easier to travel with. :goodvibes

NFLDERS 03-07-2013 05:53 PM

Yes, the Meltaways were great! We did have to use them just as I Thought, his ears were bothered so much as we descended, He was crying and crying till they kicked in. (We were able to give them to him right out of the carrying bag that was under the seat)

Also, on the way back we gave them to him once we boarded and he had NO pain in that descend at all! Thanks for all your advice.