The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Favorite Restaurant to start and end your trip? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059576)

dec2901 02-04-2013 09:57 PM

Favorite Restaurant to start and end your trip?

I know many people have dining traditions. Do you have a restaurant that you eat at the first day of every trip? Also, do you have a restaurant that you eat at on the last day of every trip?

thewishfire 02-04-2013 10:03 PM

I'm not sure I have a favorite to end a trip with, but I love to start one at the Crystal Palace :goodvibes

Itinkso 02-04-2013 10:28 PM

We began our last two trips by eating at Turf Club on our way in from the airport. Traveling from California puts us into Orlando at dinnertime and Turf Club has great, efficient service and yummy food. No traditions for last meals; by then we just go with the flow.

Pakey 02-04-2013 10:35 PM

If we have kids in the group we start with Tusker character breakfast and end with Cape May character breakfast.

Adults only we like to start with Bluezoo and end with Victoria & Alberts.

KatMark 02-04-2013 11:00 PM

We don't have a first day becasue we never know which park we are starting with.

However, our last meal is always at The Plaza at the Magic Kingdom. We like some simple food after all the "heavy" eating we do all week.

Ro Z 02-04-2013 11:17 PM

We have been ending our trip with Paradiso. For the last 4-5 times. Probably because it is in DTD. Usually for lunch and then hit a park for a couple hours. If we are staying at POR our first dinner is usually Trex or RFC. Because we can take the boat.

Xclusive2WDW 02-05-2013 01:36 AM

Our first park meal is Crystal Palace and our last big dinner is Chef Mickeys. We usually eat at Waffle House though when we get to and leave FL as we don't have them in the mitten.

Caseheidi 02-05-2013 01:49 AM

We always eat at Crystal Palace our first MK day, and at The Rose and Crown out first Epcot day. Total nostalgia for us, as these were our favorite meals on our honeymoon many years ago.

mickeysbestfriend 02-05-2013 06:40 AM

We like to start

our trip with dinner at 50's Prime time and end with breakfast at Olivia's :)

casanova5 02-05-2013 06:56 AM

We always eat last at rainforest! We are leaving in 19 days

JZCubed 02-05-2013 07:09 AM

We like to start with Princesses for our soon to be 4 y.o. and end with our favorite spot(s). We rarely travel to dine, so:

When staying on Monorail line (Bay Lake Tower):
start - Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch
finish - California Grill for dinner

When staying on or near Boardwalk (DVC Villas and/or Swan & Dolphin):
start - Akershus for lunch - during Flower & Garden stroll
finish - blueZoo for dinner

I Am Flynn Rider 02-05-2013 07:49 AM

We go to Ohana the night we get there, and if its early enough, we go to MK to watch the fireworks, or if it's a late dinner, we watch them from inside with the music piping in... Magic...

Our first breakfast is Chef Mickey's!

Uncleromulus 02-05-2013 10:42 AM

First night--California Grill

Last night-Flying Fish

It's what we've done many years now---

DEA 02-05-2013 11:29 AM

When we drive down as a family, we usually arrive around 7am, and head out to the Cracker Barrel closest to AKL. The first meal on property has generally been Chef MIckey's. Our first full day at the parks begins at Akershus for the Princess Storybook Breakfast.

We generally end our trips with a breakfast at the QS restaurant in our resort. No tradition, just expediency.

wiigirl 02-05-2013 11:52 AM

I don't have a resturant...but a Dole Whip is a must on my first and last day...