The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   just off fantasy yesterday (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058941)

Jenscruise 02-03-2013 07:41 PM

just off fantasy yesterday

Any questions just ask! Had a fantastic time. Biggest annoyance...on sea days..please don't reserve 5 loungers to hold your kids shoes and towels when there are actual humans that would like to sit.
Brent..the cruise director is super awesome..and cute!

disprincess4ever 02-03-2013 08:12 PM

Erg people who reserve seats are the worst! One night I went up to watch a movie on funnel visions and almost all the seats were empty but had towels on them. Tried to sit in a few seats, but someone would remind me that "it was reserved" I think that's my biggest pet peeve

robhawk 02-03-2013 08:21 PM

Glad you had a great time!
What movies were showing? We go in two weeks!

itdoesntsmell 02-03-2013 08:22 PM

If they haven't been there for a half hour, just tell them you have a bad knee and will be gone in a couple of minutes, or your just keeping the seat warm for them for when they get back!

Or just remind them of the cruise lines no seat saving policy and if they have a problem, go speak to a CM.

CrawfordMomof2 02-03-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itdoesntsmell
If they haven't been there for a half hour, just tell them you have a bad knee and will be gone in a couple of minutes, or your just keeping the seat warm for them for when they get back!

Or just remind them of the cruise lines no seat saving policy and if they have a problem, go speak to a CM.

Exactly. Give them some time to get back from getting a Snack or using the bathroom or whatever.... And then if they don't return it's fair game. It's just not fair to everyone else. Plus like you mentioned its DCL policy.

Totoro 02-03-2013 08:41 PM

Any review of shows that you saw? Do you recommend any of them?

OMD13 02-03-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totoro
Any review of shows that you saw? Do you recommend any of them?

Looking for Navigators to see what the schedule is like. We are going next month.

Jane1967 02-05-2013 11:05 AM

Can you please tell me what movies were running? Also, what night was formal night? Thanks!

maggs1035 02-05-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenscruise
Any questions just ask! Had a fantastic time. Biggest annoyance...on sea days..please don't reserve 5 loungers to hold your kids shoes and towels when there are actual humans that would like to sit.
Brent..the cruise director is super awesome..and cute!

Eastern or western?

Tonka's Skipper 02-05-2013 12:09 PM

There is no reserving of chairs on DCL vessels............

I give them 30 minutes, 1 hour at lunch and dinner times, and if they don't come back I give the items on the chair to a CM or Bar keep and sit!

If anyone does come back (most times they don't) I tell them there is no reserving of chairs and your items were turned over to XYZ CM or the bar keep.

The one time the male went and got a CM, he was unlucky enough to get the CM I gave thier shoes and sunglasses to, who, after seeing me, turned around got thier items and told them (politily) there was no reserving of chairs.........especailly for hours on end. (we had already been stting there for 2 hours)

AKK

Sunseeker17 02-05-2013 12:54 PM

We just got back on Saturday, too. Loved Aladdin. Wishes and Believe were ok story lines but loved the "Disney magic" in the special effects. Didn't watch the ventriloquist or comedian shows cause we were busy with other things. For movies, I remember Lincoln, Wreckit Ralph, The Avengers, and can't recall the others right now (my Navigators are at home and I'm not). HTH!

aprilchem 02-05-2013 01:11 PM

I thought I read somewhere that DCL has CMs remove towels and such from seats after 30 minutes. Was that another cruise line?

ohMom 02-05-2013 03:40 PM

we are staying on deck 2 and just wondering with the restaraunt on the same deck, when you go to eat do you encounter staterooms?

allears 02-05-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilchem (Post 47414047)
I thought I read somewhere that DCL has CMs remove towels and such from seats after 30 minutes. Was that another cruise line?

It is hit or miss, depending on what cast member is around, what they are doing and what they notice.

tinker6 02-05-2013 05:41 PM

Saving deck chairs is nothing. We encounted families on the Dream last year saving whole rows in the Walt Disney Theatre...Obviously, you can't save 25 seats - but, we encountered those trying to do so. As a friendly reminder I showed them the Navigator stating - No Saving of Seats. I don't someone saving 1 or 2 for a family member, but 25 - UGH!