The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Room occupancy question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058778)

jaceraden 02-03-2013 02:03 PM

Room occupancy question

I know I should know this and I know I've read about it before.

We are now a family of 5. What are the rules about where we can stay? Does it matter that one of our 5 is an infant? I know our limitations once my tiny infant becomes a real person. I just don't know if there is a different rule because he's a baby.

Thanks in advance.

Megsie1000 02-03-2013 02:07 PM

Children under 3 do not count against the occupancy limits unless there is more than one child under 3, if that makes sense.

Right now you can stay in any room that has an occupancy of at least 4. I would recommend taking advantage of that and booking something like the Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom lodge that will be off-limits for you (at least for all of you in one room) later.

jaceraden 02-03-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megsie1000 (Post 47394502)
Children under 3 do not count against the occupancy limits unless there is more than one child under 3, if that makes sense.

Right now you can stay in any room that has an occupancy of at least 4. I would recommend taking advantage of that and booking something like the Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom lodge that will be off-limits for you (at least for all of you in one room) later.

This is what I thought but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the great idea. It's something I had never thought about.

mickeynut1 02-03-2013 02:41 PM

Any of the values or moderates in a standard room accommodate 4 + 1 under the age of 3, with the WL and AKL accommodating the same as the pp said. Once your youngest turns 3, you will need 2 rooms at a value (unless you book a value suite), moderate, or WL/AKL. You will, however, be able to get 1 deluxe room as all of them (with the exception of WL/AKL) accommodate 5 + 1 under age 3.

sndral 02-03-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 47394835)
Any of the values or moderates in a standard room accommodate 4 + 1 under the age of 3, with the WL and AKL accommodating the same as the pp said. Once your youngest turns 3, you will need 2 rooms at a value (unless you book a value suite), moderate, or WL/AKL. You will, however, be able to get 1 deluxe room as all of them (with the exception of WL/AKL) accommodate 5 + 1 under age 3.

Doesn't POR (a moderate) still have rooms that accommodate 5? And FW cabins work for 6, I believe.

mickeynut1 02-03-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 47395364)
Doesn't POR (a moderate) still have rooms that accommodate 5? And FW cabins work for 6, I believe.

Yes they do....I forgot about both POR alligator bayou rooms as well as FWC. Thanks for correcting that :goodvibes.