The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trex vs rainforest cafe? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058682)

trewin 02-03-2013 10:03 AM

Trex vs rainforest cafe?

Does anybody have an opinion on which is better? We ate a trex last time but I couldn't get in this time around. I was gonna try to call directly. I thought The rainforest cafe would be similar but haven't been there. Any opinions?

Braden's Momma 02-03-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trewin (Post 47392780)
Does anybody have an opinion on which is better? We ate a trex last time but I couldn't get in this time around. I was gonna try to call directly. I thought The rainforest cafe would be similar but haven't been there. Any opinions?

I am curious as well. I booked Rainforest because DH really wanted to go. I think the kids would like T-rex better though (theme-wise).

aaarcher86 02-03-2013 11:34 AM

The food is essentially the same. They're owned by the same people. We went to both last trip. We're doing RC this go around just because the theme is better with the kids (2 girls).

jude&jonah 02-03-2013 02:11 PM

If you've done t-rex I would vote for rainforest! It's funny- we have a rainforest in our mall close by so it feels very 'unexciting' to me personally- but I think it's really really rare to have a rainforest in your mall? Not sure how many there are in the US.

starrysky 02-03-2013 02:49 PM

As has been said they are much the same food just different surroundings. Being more an animal lover I would choose rainforest but I did think trex was cool.

If you have eaten at trex then go for rainforest.

Ro Z 02-03-2013 08:35 PM

IMO. Trex is better themed, more updated. The food is pretty much the same but I think we like RFC better. But Trex has waffle fries as an option. I don't like the regular fries at either place. We had the best steak of our trip at Trex in Nov. But we usually do sandwiches, burgers or just apps at both. I can't comment on a 'real' meal at RFC. I haven't had one in 5-6 years. But back then I got the pot roast and liked it! Ok I just read what I wrote and I can see I am not really helping! :rotfl:

scoutie 02-03-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

we have a rainforest in our mall close by so it feels very 'unexciting' to me personally- but I think it's really really rare to have a rainforest in your mall?
I agree. We also have one in our mall (I wonder if we're talking about the same mall....Woodfield?)

Anyway....another vote for T-REX.

goofyintoronto 02-03-2013 09:03 PM

We like trex better. Theme is awesome. Definitely call them directly. They only release a small amount of time slots to online Disney dining. You will get an ADR if you call.

The food has always been good and the theme fun. We love sitting in the ice room!

backpacktwang 02-03-2013 10:19 PM

Call for sure. It said there was nothing available when I tried to book ours on the website. When I called, they had plenty of availability.

trewin 02-04-2013 04:48 AM

Thanks. Lol. Sounds like everybody likes trex. It was our family's favorite when when went in 11'. I called directly and made reservations. Surprisingly 6:00's were taken. We aren't going till April!

wvasweetness 02-04-2013 05:00 AM

We don't have a rainforest nearby us, so the atmosphere is why we book there sometimes. The food is just "okay" to me though. TRex is better.

BearcatsFan 02-04-2013 07:37 AM

We ate at both places on our last trip. Neither of us cared much for the food at RFC, but we ended up eating at T-Rex twice. :teeth: We also preferred the atmosphere/effects at T-Rex.

Mamu 02-04-2013 08:59 AM

I like the food and the theming better at T-Rex.

Art 1 02-04-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trewin (Post 47392780)

Both the same. Just depends on what theme you prefer.

disprincess4ever 02-04-2013 02:25 PM

Vote for Rainforest Cafe. Love the atmosphere, but its not super overwhelming like Trex.