The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Just booked boardwalk inn April 15-20th water view room! SO EXCITED (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058487)

blackacex2 02-02-2013 08:47 PM

Just booked boardwalk inn April 15-20th water view room! SO EXCITED

Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone. It was a VERY tough decision. We were tempted by the grand Floridian and Poly but in the end we feel like this will be awesome. Our first two nights we still don't know where we will stay- right now we have the Swalphin booked on points but we are considering something like the Grand Floridian for those nights instead.

Sure hope it's worth the $1,487!!!

Peanut 02-02-2013 10:11 PM

We have had a water view room at YC! It was wonderful! Our room overlooked a gazebo too and we watched a wedding take place there. Very special! It was a pretty small gazebo so the wedding was intimate. These resorts are amazing. My favorites for sure. :) you're going to love the water view. :thumbsup2 We've stayed at both GF and Poly and I would agree that the BW is better.

blackacex2 02-02-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut
We have had a water view room at YC! It was wonderful! Our room overlooked a gazebo too and we watched a wedding take place there. Very special! It was a pretty small gazebo so the wedding was intimate. These resorts are amazing. My favorites for sure. :) you're going to love the water view. :thumbsup2 We've stayed at both GF and Poly and I would agree that the BW is better.

We are so very excited!

hiwaygal 02-03-2013 09:59 AM

We stayed at the BW for our wedding (we were married at Sea Breeze Point - the large "gazebo" closest to BWI, near the ESPN bar/restaurant). Now, it was our first visit and it had lots of special meaning but we loved it!

We stayed at the Poly on our second visit and we loved it too.

I'm thisclose to booking YC in August (just got to pay the deposit) and we are excited to be back in the Epcot area.

You are going to LOVE the Boardwalk. Congrats!

FWIW, I think I'd stay at the Swalphin before moving to the BW. It's close so moving luggage would be easy - just a walk away, rather than having to take a bus or something.

The V Gang 02-03-2013 10:20 AM

Remember there is construction going on at the GF for the DVC and possibly unfinished courtyard pool. Also, beach access is walled off. GF is my favorite but for the $ it costs I would go another time. I've heard Poly had construction under way or scheduled as well. Resort atmosphere is big in my book so I would stick to ur current arrangement.

Ps- we r trying the BC for the first time this April too!